Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Clubs, Critique, RFF Projects, Salon > RFF Photo Projects

RFF Photo Projects This is the place for keeping track of the Range Finder Forum (RFF) photo projects.

Worldwide Camera Spotting
Old 04-06-2012   #1
efix
RF user by conviction

Worldwide Camera Spotting

Hello fellow RFFers,

I just had an idea for an RFF photo project for everyone to participate in. I am sure many of you know the great tokyocamerastyle website, where John Sypal regularly posts pictures of cameras that he spots around Tokyo. The site has been inspirational to many similar projects around the world -- keeping track of them is rather difficult.

So here's my suggestion: let's do a Worldwide Camera Spotting project here on RFF! Every RFF member that spots and photographs an interesting camera somewhere in the world can share their pictures here, for everybody to enjoy. (A bit like the "Let's see your ..." threads, only that you don't share your own, but somebody else's camera.) Since everyone on RFF can participate, the thread can potentially cover much more than one single site run by one single person.

Most interesting will of course be pictures of the cameras in context with their users, but I think we shouldn't limit this just to street shots. If you see a nice camera in a store and take its picture, you can share it here as well.

What do y'all think? I, for my part, would love to see what kinds of cameras you guys/gals run into all around the world -- new, old, analog, digital, 8mm, 4x5 inch ... whatever catches your attention, please share it here with everybody!
"In my humble estimate, there’s a huge lack of appreciation out there for the wonderful aesthetic look that film of all types can lend to an image. Sadly, that doesn’t seem to count in a world that is rushing nowhere like a lot of headless chickens." – Jonathan Eastland
facebook | twitter | flickr! | 500px

Old 04-06-2012   #2
efix
RF user by conviction

To set a good example, I make a start with this giant Leica III flanked by a number of Leica M's that I spotted in the showcase of Foto Gregor in Cologne, Germany last year.

"In my humble estimate, there’s a huge lack of appreciation out there for the wonderful aesthetic look that film of all types can lend to an image. Sadly, that doesn’t seem to count in a world that is rushing nowhere like a lot of headless chickens." – Jonathan Eastland

Old 04-13-2012   #3
bulevardi

Old 04-17-2012   #4
pinkarmy

mongkok, hong kong.
">
the GSN is "not for sale"

Old 04-17-2012   #5
Archlich

Quote:
Originally Posted by efix View Post
To set a good example, I make a start with this giant Leica III flanked by a number of Leica M's that I spotted in the showcase of Foto Gregor in Cologne, Germany last year.

What's up with all the prices?

Old 04-17-2012   #6
efix
RF user by conviction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archlich View Post
What's up with all the prices?
Ah, yes. That's Foto Gregor. They're big, and they price their stuff accordingly. A fun place to go salivating over gear, but I'd never buy there.

Old 04-17-2012   #7
maddoc
... likes film.

Well ... here we go ... Shinjuku (Tokyo):

Nikon meets Nikon

flickr
pBase
blog

Old 04-21-2012   #8
PrimeTime

First time I spotted these two I was on a hike along the Busan Coast in South Korea, no camera on me.
Second time, On the beach . . .

Busan, S.Korea 2012

Old 04-22-2012   #9
efix
RF user by conviction

Thanks for sharing, guys! Keep 'em coming!

Old 04-24-2012   #10
markov

At a local camera store window:

Old 04-25-2012   #11
davidtan

NYC, being the photogenic city it is, attracts a lot of photographers with interesting cameras:

Rolleiflex (can't discern the model)

Leica M9

Large Format (can't discern the model)

Pentax 6x7/67

Canon AE-1

Nikon F3HP

Hasselblad XPan

Leica M6

Leica M7

Old 04-25-2012   #12
efix
RF user by conviction

Seems to be Rolleiflex day today :-)

Old 04-25-2012   #13
Trius
Waiting on Maitani

The LF is a Toyo 45 field camera. Looks like a 90mm lens

Happiness is APX100 and Rodinal 1:100

A bunch o cameras. Does it really matter?
http://weedram.blogspot.com

Old 05-22-2012   #14
pinkarmy

SDC18593 by pinkarmy-the-other, on Flickr

LEICA Geosystems 30x 140mm Finefocus lens

Last edited by pinkarmy : 05-22-2012 at 02:08. Reason: info

Old 05-26-2012   #15
pinkarmy

eos tote bag by pinkarmy-the-other, on Flickr

Old 05-28-2012   #16
efix
RF user by conviction

Awesome bag!

Old 05-28-2012   #17
efix
RF user by conviction

At the Frankfurt Zoo yesterday: Leica S2 with selfmade R->S adapter and APO Telyt-R 400mm f/2.8 lens. Apparently, the image circle of the R-mount telephoto lenses is large enough to cover the S2 sensor.

The gentleman using this combo had made the adapter himself, and allegedly has already contacted Leica bout it, as he sees a market for adapting R lenses to the S2. Awesome!