OK, I'm going to spoil this thread by posting my horrible results
I'm new to SWC and shot a few rolls. Few things I discovered:
- the lens is wider than I have "envisioned" (I knew it was wide, but was still surprised when I looked through the viewfinder).
- the above means that I need to get VERY close to take photos
- getting in very close means focusing very close (often at min distance)
- focusing at min distance means HUGE focus errors.
- I think I will forego using the viewfinder with this cam, bubble is much more important imo
All in all I'm not yet quite sure about the cams suitability for me. I want to love it, so I'l try it some more. I'm somewhat used to scale focusing, but seem to mess it up more often with SWC. Other than that, the camera, I mean the lens, is Amazing!
Here are the shots I'd normally care for and that got messed up:
One turned out OK, by accident
And here are the ones I'd normally not care much for, turned out perfectly (as far as my skills allow). Now this, I guess, teaches me that focusing further is more full-proof, but at the same time goes against my style - given the FL of the lens I NEED to get close in to get the shots I like.
(This one's kinda nice though):
Well, I'll keep practicing. Otherwise I'll just sell it to one of you