Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Miscellaneous Topics and more > Repair / Camera Care

Repair / Camera Care This is a good place to discuss the care and repair of your photo gear. You can share Do-It-Yourself repair and maintenance, as well as your recommendations for pro repairs. This new forum was created 4/1/07. PLEASE title your thread wisely, so others searching for a certain make of camera or repair person can find your thread easily!

water mark? fungus? inside front element
Old 12-23-2012   #1
merehzezi

water mark? fungus? inside front element

I went to shoot today only to notice this spot on my lens... I tried to clean it but it seems like it is on the inside...

Is this a dried water spot? fungus? Is there a way I can fix this? Should I just send it out for professional cleaning? (If it can still be cleaned )

Wilfred

EDIT: forgot photos
http://www.flickr.com/photos/wolfad/...7632326118992/

Old 12-23-2012   #2
DNG
Fuji X-E2/XF18,XF35

No Picture is showing up.

Old 12-23-2012   #3
merehzezi

Sorry, forgot to add them. posted now.

Old 12-23-2012   #4
Mark C

Nasty looking. It sure looks like coating damage. Are you sure it isn't on the surface? Glare some light on it and look for a surface disturbance.

It may well not have any noticeable effect on images though. It is surprising what causes problems and what doesn't.

Old 12-23-2012   #5
Clovis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark C View Post
Nasty looking. It sure looks like coating damage. Are you sure it isn't on the surface? Glare some light on it and look for a surface disturbance.
I agree, it looks like coating damage.

Old 12-23-2012   #6
jordanstarr
J.R.Starr

I doubt it's on the inside if it suddenly appeared. I had beer splatter on my gear and ate the coating at the lens in a couple spots. Didn't affect images, but didn't look like this. I've seen and cleaned a lot of nasty lenses, but nothing like this. I'd get a tech to look at it.

Old 12-23-2012   #7
merehzezi

I haven't shot in a while so I don't know how long its been there. It wouldn't come off when I tried wiping the front.

I finished a roll today, and will see if it comes out on the photos. But I will probably still take it to a tech sometime this week.

Thanks everyone, Merry Christmas!