Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Clubs, Critique, RFF Projects, Salon > RFF Photo Projects

RFF Photo Projects This is the place for keeping track of the Range Finder Forum (RFF) photo projects.

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #161
seakayaker1

Well its been a week and another postcard has arrived! Thank you John!

01. Richard (ColSebastianMoran) Grantham, NH
02. Bill (Red Rock Bill) Gallup, NM
03. Stephan (krotenblender) Bremen, Germany
04. Kent (kdemas) Hillsborough, CA
05. Jeff (rfaspen) Corvallis, OR
06. Rolfe (rolfe) Great Barrington, MA
07. Jan (jpa66) Chicago, IL
08. Justin (jnalepa) Toronto, Canada
09. Keith (KXL), Chino Hills, CA
10. Hugh (largedrink) Wellington, New Zealand
11. Zane (zane0777), Grand Forks, ND
12. Jamie (Jamie Pillers) Oakland, CA
13. Andrew (ABrosig) Torrington, WY
14. Clinton (samshio) Glen Allen, VA
15. Frank (motion_runner) Krefeld, Germany
16. Alan (Zian) Seattle, WA
17. Kevin (Papercut) Yonkers, NY
18. Don (Don Parsons) St. Peters, MO
19. David (d__b) Auckland, New Zealand
20. David (dfranklin) Cambridge, MA
21. Randy (Randolph45) Sacramento, CA
22. Raid (Raid) Pensacola, FL
23. Lars (LarsAC) Herzogenrath, Germany
24. Lucas (winzenbourg) Minneapolis,MN
25. Alexander (radi(c)al_cam) Friesach, Austria
26. Paul (darnel) Lafayette, LA
27. Dan (seakayaker1) Seattle, WA
28. Robert (robert blu) Busto Arsizio, Italy
29. Marc (marcr1230) Chicago, IL
30. John(jweber3rd), Atlanta, GA

15 Color & 15 B&W ~ ....with another Color and back at a tie and there is a couple of more still to come.

With 30 postcards accounted for, there is the chance for a few more to arrive!

Others have received a card from Egon (Axiotheas), Cypress so that would make it 31. Bojan (bojanfurst), St. John's Canada and Michael (michaelwj) Bardon, Australia indicated they would be mailing theirs shortly. That would account for 33 of the 33 that have signed up.

WOW, another great round!

Yahoo!!!!!!

. . . . . keep 'em coming!

Life is Grand!

Dan

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #162
571514m3

Bojan Fürst's card arrived today. From Newfoundland, a place I have always wanted to go. And that the race was first documents in 1861 confirms that it is a place to remain on my list. And I really like the photos on your website, Bojan! My analog lab will be reactivated when I get back to Australia in a few weeks.

If only there was a way to interpret those strange orange mail service markings to see when it was posted! Cyprus mail still stamps most letters and cards.

Thank you all for participating!

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #163
bojanfurst

Thanks Egon! We islanders have to stick together Cyprus is definitely on my list of places to visit as well. Almost made it there for a conference few years back
twitter
Web

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #164
rolfe

This was my first postcard exchange and I found it loads of fun...

Can't wait for the next one :-).

Rolfe

Old 1 Week Ago   #165
krötenblender

Hello all,

ColSebastianMoran just reminded me, that it is tradition to post out images for the postcards in this thread and maybe say a type words about it.

I'm sorry, that this post comes this late, but I did the whole thing while being for several months on a photography trip through Japan, and working all the pictures I took there together with the blog about that trip, this project got a little bit to the end of the queue...

It was only about two and a half weeks ago, that I returned and saw all the great postcards welcoming me back home.

So, friends, now it's the time, please post your pictures here and tell us about it, if you didn't already on the postcard.

Even while traveling (or preparing for it, when this started) it was great fun to organize and participate. I hope, there will another round soon, I made several months worth of pictures for many postcard projects to come...

Here's Mine
Old 1 Week Ago   #166
Don Parsons

Here's Mine

Thanks Stephan!

Mine was taken at the St Louis Botanical Gardens with my daughter while she was on spring break earlier this year.

It was such a nice day, we decided to drive to the Gardens and take a tour. Not many people were there.

Being a gymnast, she started doing walkovers, cartwheels and handstands and all I could do was standby and marvel at her youthful exuberance.

Not many flowers were out that day, we'll have to go back. But then I'll need a photo for the next postcard exchange

Don
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 310 for forum.jpg (56.2 KB, 13 views)
Contax G1 w/35, 45 & 90 mm lenses, Canonet QL GIII Bessa R w/Canon 35mm 2.8
Eos 60D, Elan 7E, Nikon FE, FM 8008
Pentax UC-1, Yashica T4S
Panasonic LX-5

Old 1 Week Ago   #167
fdarnell

I took this image with Contax ST and 35mm f/2.8 Contax Zeiss. Guy was just walking along - he had nothing to do with the bike. Right at the corner of a nice ice cream shop and Brass Monkey bar in Passe-A-Grill, FL. Thanks for all your cards. These are really enjoyable.

Old 1 Week Ago   #168
Papercut

Location: Westchester county, NY (and Chongqing whenever I can get there)
Taken in 2012 at the home of one of my wife's childhood friends, a Syrian (now US citizen). After having her child with her British husband, her parents finally were able to flee the war and allowed into the US. This photo was taken shortly after the (grand)mother saw her newest grandson for the very first time -- her joy was incandescent. (I want to say it was the evening they arrived in the US, but it's possible this was a day or two later.) Having left behind everything, the grandparents still haven't been back to Damascus and are unsure whether their home is even still standing, let alone inhabitable. They are, however, able to see their children and grandchildren whenever they wish.

Tech specs:
M6, Canon 1.4/50, HP5+, Thornton Two-Bath developer. (I might have written Xtol on the postcards -- but I just double-checked my records and it was Thornton.)

by KevinL, on Flickr

=========
Only connect.
=========

flickr photostream

Old 1 Week Ago   #169
d__b

The quality of the all the postcards I've received is just amazing. I feel like my own picture couldn't keep up with the rest of you.

Tokyo by David B, on Flickr

My picture was taken in the Imperial Garden in Tokyo just before Christmas last year. I saw a man sitting on a bench and I saw the park warden (at least that's what I assume he was) on a bicycle arriving from a distance, so I was lining up the shot where the warden would be at the end of a path that would lead the viewers eyes from the guy on the bench to him. Unfortunately the warden saw me raise the camera and (probably out of politeness) stopped immediately to stay out of my frame. So I pretended to take a picture and lowered my camera only to raise it again just before he got to the point where I needed him to be to take the picture that I wanted. It was taken on an EOS 6D with a 28mm.

Old 1 Week Ago   #170
zane0777

Taken aboard a cruise ship in the dining room, around midnight when only spotlights were in use. Pentax K-r, ISO 1600, handheld 1/40s @ f/2.5.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg postcard.jpg (14.1 KB, 11 views)

Old 1 Week Ago   #171
fdarnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by d__b View Post
The quality of the all the postcards I've received is just amazing. I feel like my own picture couldn't keep up with the rest of you.

Don't be hard on yourself. To me part of this project is just to see other parts of the world that you wouldn't normally see. I've been to Japan 7 times and never got to go to this garden. Thanks for sharing the photo.

Old 1 Week Ago   #172
largedrink

I received what I think was my last card today from Egon in Cyprus, it was the second one he sent me when we assumed the first was lost (needless to say it turned up a day or so later, after 3 months). Thanks all. Here's my shot, taken with a Zeiss Ikon Nettar 518/2 folder with 105mm F4,5 Novar-Anstigmat lens. The shot is taken at Paekakariki beach which is near my home city of Wellington, New Zealand.

Deck chairs
by Hugh B, on Flickr

Old 1 Week Ago   #173
michaelwj
----------------

I sent out my cards a week or so ago so they should start turning up around the globe soon!

Old 1 Week Ago   #174
ColSebastianMoran

Wakodahatchee Wetlands is one of my favorite spots. Lots of birds, a boardwalk circles around the park, birds are in trees and unfazed by humans. We can get close enough.

I like the great blue herons. This one was up a little higher than my position. The usual shot is a profile, then this one turned, bent down, and started looking right at me. Always hard to get background with birds, I was happy with distant trees and pale sky.

Dec 2013. Canon 5D with the 400 DO lens. 1/500th f/4.5. Minor adjustments in Lightroom.

Love ALL the cards. Great fun!

In Classifieds Now: Olympus PEN EE with original leather case
More photos, descriptions of for sale items on this Flickr album
Use this link to leave feedback for me.

Named "Best heavy-game shooter in the Eastern Empire." Clubs: Anglo-Indian, Tankerville, and Bagatelle Card Club.
Sony E/FE, Nikon dSLR, and iPhone digital. Misc film.
Birds, portraits, events, family. Mindfulness, reflection, creativity, and stance.

Old 1 Week Ago   #175
Red Rock Bill

Received a great card from Australia........thank you Michael....regards,Bill

Old 1 Week Ago   #176
seakayaker1

This photograph was taken while walking along the Cape Cod Canal trial with my daughter and grandchildren on November 12, 2014.

It was mid-morning, crisp, still and quiet with a marine layer. I could hear the screw purling in the distance prior to the boat appearing out of the fog. As it came along side I took the photograph. I was struck by how the white sail blended in with the background and faded in as it rose into the sky and with the boat's reflection off the water at a slack tide waiting for the turn. Having sailed quite a bit in my life I was also immediately in love with the lines of the yacht and was quite happy for those on board.

Life is Grand!

Old 1 Week Ago   #177
rfaspen

Oregon State University Crew:

It was pretty early in the morning when my wife and I went down to the river to see if the rowing crew was practicing. I'd say it was about 6:00 and the men's crew was already coming back in from their time on the river. They must have started before sunrise. The women's crew was still up on shore getting ready to do their turn on the river.

I've lived in this university town for several years (12) and never managed to catch the rowing teams before. It was fun.

My Image - Silouette
Old 6 Days Ago   #178
kdemas
ʎlʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp sƃuıɥʇ ǝǝS

My Image - Silouette

Silouette by Kent Demas

Taken in San Francisco with an M8 and a 50/2.8 Elmar.

Old 6 Days Ago   #179
ABrosig

All these are amazing and hearing the stories behind them makes them more enjoyable. I'll get mine up as soon as I can. Thanks to everyone!

http://andrewbrosigphotography.blogspot.com/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andrew_...7638861831706/
http://instagram.com/andrewbrosig
http://www.andrewbrosigphotography.com

In hoc loco sum

Old 6 Days Ago   #180
robert blu
quiet photographer

Times ago I found this thread in RFF about wabi wabi. I didn't know much about it but soon felt to be somehow connected to this "philosophy".

I started a research about, through the web, books and friends. So I decided to start my wabi wabi project, where imperfections in the photos should be part of the aesthetic. To achieve this I used a Polaroid Camera SX70 with an ND filter on it and the Impossible Duotone film (made for the Polaroid 600 camera, therefore the ND filter).

Being Imperfection essential part of the project I decided instead to have it printed by Blurb as I did for the other projects to print it myself on Hahnemuehle Photo Rag Paper. And if there are damages during the ship met of the card it's more wabi sabi!

I hope you enjoyed it!

Today I received another beautiful card from Michael! Great! I took part in all the postcard projects and it's always an great experience. Even the postman enjoyed it! Thanks to all of you!

robert

my quiet photographer's blog

My RFF photos and my albums on RFF

Old 6 Days Ago   #181
jpa66
Jan as in "Jan and Dean"

My shot was taken in Iceland, at I believe the Godafoss Falls. It was early December, and there was a total of about 5 hours of "light" per day. The shot is of a bunch of tourists lined up for a glimpse.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sightseers.Iceland.jpg (12.9 KB, 7 views)

Old 4 Days Ago   #182
ABrosig

Rollei_CoffeeBreak01 by Andrew Brosig, on Flickr

This image was from the first roll of film I ran through a Rollei 35 I picked up during a photo swap meet at the Dallas Center for Photography in the fall of 2015. It was a gray, rainy Sunday and I'd been out driving around Tyler, Texas, where I was living at the time, looking for images. I decided it was time for a cuppa and stopped in at the local coffee shop and, just for fun, brought the camera in with me. As I recall, after I got my coffee, I sat on one of the small couches and watched the people. The upstairs of the building was the meeting place of a small church so, when services let out, the shop filled with a mix of congregants and college students, relaxing or heading out for the rest of the Sunday rituals. I sat the camera on the arm rest of the couch, set to (I believe) about 1/15th wide open or close to it and would occasionally snap a random frame without aiming. This frame and three or four others were the result.

http://andrewbrosigphotography.blogspot.com/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andrew_...7638861831706/
http://instagram.com/andrewbrosig
http://www.andrewbrosigphotography.com

In hoc loco sum

Old 2 Days Ago   #183
michaelwj
----------------

My photo was from the central Queensland highlands, about an hours drive from Emerald. I the distance is the Peak Range, which is about the only landmark in the area. Apart from that, there are a few farms (mostly cattle), lots of open cut coal mines, and heat. This day was about 37 degrees in the shade. It was early summer and a thunderstorm was brewing on the horizon which never came.

Shot with an M6 and 21/3.4 Super Angulon with an orange filter late last year on Fomapan 400 @ 250 developed in Foma LQN 1+10 (I think, or it could have been R09 1+50?). I no longer have the camera or lens, which is an interesting thought.

I really enjoyed all the cards this year. I promise next year I will send my cards out a bit quicker. I've been shooting colour for a few months, so it might be a colour card!