Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Being a Photographer > Travel

Travel This is the place you ask for travel advice, or share your own tips. Topics include destinations, sight seeing, and best / smartest ways for traveling with a camera.

Old 01-14-2013   #121
Rogier
Rogier Willems

Just returned from a long trip. Only shot 120.
Actually it was often a pain in the %&#... Changing film every 12 shots in the middle of the action. Hard with a Yashica Mat and Holga's that need to be taped...

Hope it was worth the effort.

Rogier Willems

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rogierwillems/

http://www.scooter-it.com

Old 01-14-2013   #122
bulevardi

Quote:
Originally Posted by raphaelaaron View Post
Well, then there's the cost/time of processing the film, scanning it, etc.

They both have their strengths and weaknesses, in my opinion. But yes, if by less complicated, you mean while out and about shooting, then I would agree.
Shooting rolls can by complicated too, sometimes. Unless you have a good workflow.

Imagine you're shooting a roll of iso 3200 and you're in the half of it, and suddenly it gets sunny and you want to shoot a landscape at iso 100.

Old 01-15-2013   #123
kanzlr
Hexaneur

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulevardi View Post
Shooting rolls can by complicated too, sometimes. Unless you have a good workflow.

Imagine you're shooting a roll of iso 3200 and you're in the half of it, and suddenly it gets sunny and you want to shoot a landscape at iso 100.
second body?

oh, and light suddenly changes by more than 5 stops (so you cannot compensate)? Maybe if you are out on a sunny day and enter a dark church, or something. But again, a second body takes care of this (or change rolls midway. That's easy on some bodies (Hexar RF for example) and doable on most others.

Old 01-15-2013   #124
Terry Christian

Plus, hardly any film shooter would be casually shooting 3200 speed film unless for a special project. Vacillating between 100 and 400 because of lighting conditions would be more realistic.

Old 01-15-2013   #125
herry65

Just my viewpoint. I think outcomes will always look better for film. I think the analog method is truly awesome. but you can carry out greater quality and clearer outcomes with digital and can impact a picture more with the application and resources available for digital these days.
wingshinterlandretreat.com
Massive Luxury Holiday Home for 21 persons. Perfect for Family Holidays or corporate getaways.
accommodation gold coast hinterland

Old 01-15-2013   #126
raid
Dad Photographer

I will try using both film and digital on my next trip. Film is simply awesome, but it can get costly for reasonably good developing and scanning. I can also better control the rendition based on experience with film. I am sure that even more can be done with digital and post processing work.

I love Reala 100. How can I get such a rendition with digital?

http://www.rangefinderforum.com/rffg...n.php?cid=7007

http://raid.smugmug.com/