Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Rangefinder Forum > Image Processing: Darkroom / Lightroom / Film > Film / Developing / Chemistry

Old 12-23-2012   #26
newsgrunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by venchka View Post
...As for driving locals out of business, they are mostly all gone in the 2nd/3rd largest U.S. city / Filmwasteland known as Houston, Tx...
wow Wayne, that is hard to believe ! I can imagine smaller cities but Houston ? That would be a hard pill to swallow for me.

Old 12-24-2012   #27
venchka

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsgrunt View Post
wow Wayne, that is hard to believe ! I can imagine smaller cities but Houston ? That would be a hard pill to swallow for me.
Houston went digital big time and never looked back. While I'm sure if I looked under every rock and taco stand I might be able to locate a color lab. However, chances are they are miles & miles away, never open when I can get there, etc., etc. Assuming one even exisits. Heck, there are only 2 camera stores left. Half of them are film challenged.

Wayne
"Leave me alone, I know what I'm doing" Kimi Raikkonen
My Gallery
My Blog-Reborn
FlickrMyBookTwitSpaceFace

Old 12-24-2012   #28
newsgrunt

and so Freestyle and BH become the place to buy film. If only Freestyle would do SOMETHING...ANYTHING, about their ridiculous shipping rates to Canada.

Old 12-24-2012   #29
bwcolor

I've used Walmart many times up until a couple of years ago. Nobody ever knew what was going on and prices were all over the place. I always got my negatives back, but at that time they were sending off to Dwaynes, but Fuji worked as a middleman.