Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > 35mm Film Range Finders > Other RF

Other RF Forum for the many Rangefinder cameras that do not have a dedicated RFF forum.

Olympus ECR help!
Old 09-07-2006   #1
garythegit

Olympus ECR help!

Hi guys! Just bought myself a cheapo Olympus 35 ECR automatic rangefinder. Slight problem though... the horizontal rangefinder isn't at infinity. How do i adjust this? I know that the construction is somewhat similar to the 35 RC but i don't see a hidden screw on the film gate where the horizontal adjustment screw of the RC is usually found. Hmmm

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Old 02-18-2009   #2
Anno

I have the same problem. Did you ever find out the way to to the horizontal adjustment?

Olympus 35 ECR rangefinder adjustment
Old 01-13-2013   #3
Skyeman

Olympus 35 ECR rangefinder adjustment

I was searching on the internet for how to do this and couldn't find anything. So, I experimented with a 35 ECR that I was overhauling and whose rangefinder needed adjustment.

I was successful, so I've posted the results for anyone else looking for this information.

Remove the top (straightforward - three screws, no attached wires). Remove the shiny plastic cover on the rangefinder assembly which is only glued, no screws.

To adjust the vertical alignment, you will see a small 'cog'. Rotate this to the left or right with a fine pointed tool to adjust. It is quite sensitive, only very small movements are necessary.

To adjust the horizontal alignment, there is a small hole at the front of the compartment as shown in the photo. You can see the screw through this.

I hope this is of some help to anyone in the same position.

Last edited by Skyeman : 01-13-2013 at 03:03. Reason: Additional information