A Private Party with the XP1

Ryan1938

Established
Local time
2:46 AM
Just some quickies... PP'ed with Silver FX Pro....

7107065947_c666f29e42_c.jpg

7107066315_fa272acbfc_c.jpg

6960997952_6e9b4c393b_c.jpg

7107067293_26483df51f_c.jpg

6960998888_3a74f7ee7d_c.jpg

6960998500_c5a3188d7c_c.jpg

Thanks guys... I'm just a very amateurish guy in Austin, TX that sold his M8 off for an XP1. Thus far, I have to say I really like the camera. It works for me and what I like to do...

A few random shots from a day at the fair:

6960110028_4d6d682482_c.jpg

6960112306_a79e46141f_c.jpg

6960111040_1884070742_c.jpg

6960110400_b452f460dd_c.jpg

6960111386_9a566f1de8_c.jpg

enjoying your shots. are you using M lenses?
tony

These are all with the fuji 35... I've decided to save my m-lense testing until Fuji comes out with their own adapter. That said, I'm really enjoying this little Fuji 35. At my level of talent, I don't know that I could do much better with a 35 lux. And I've been quite surprised with how seamlessly I can switch from my M6 to this XP1 on the fly from a usability standpoint. It all feels pretty natural to me.

The autofocus hasn't caused me a bit of grief.

Very nice pics. Gotta love Nik's SEP2 along with the XP1 - it's a powerful one two punch.
Check my blog at genelowinger.blogspot.com
And yeah, who the hell are you to have no problems with the autofocus, dude, you have special dispensation from God?

Really great shots.

As to the performance of camera, Fuji did a good job to simulate film.

What you see here is more Silver FX than Fuji. There is nothing "like film" in a digital camera. But it can be tweaked in post. (Which leads me to the question why not just shoot film in the beginning, but whatever...)

Nice shots anyway.

What you see here is more Silver FX than Fuji. There is nothing "like film" in a digital camera. But it can be tweaked in post. (Which leads me to the question why not just shoot film in the beginning, but whatever...)

Nice shots anyway.

Yes could be Silver FX, sorry didn't notice this at the first place.

X Pro 1 does have some film simulation options doesn't it? I'm not sure I got your point regarding "like film".

Nice shots anyway.

Yeah. I agree. I use some grain when I convert simply because I'm still sort of stuck in the film world and like the texture. My main camera is a Leica M6, but I enjoy the instant gratification of digital as well. It's just fun.

I know a lot of guys on online forums are sticklers for this and that. I'm not. Hell, I'm not even a stickler for my own output. I don't take pictures for a living... In fact, I don't have any illusions about my talent. I'm an amateur hack. I just do it for fun and I have a lot of it. I also really enjoy looking at what other folks do for fun. To me, that's what it's all about... Not so much technique or mediums or even gear... and I love gear.

In any case, here's one of the above shots straight from the camera. Ironically, I think I like it better in color.

6963889354_360de2c252_c.jpg

And just for more fun and comparison, here's a shot from my M6 and 50mm Cron using 400 Tri-X pushed to 1600.

7106176459_f137fc0680_c.jpg

And a similar shot taken shortly after using the XP1 and converted again with SFX.

7109996059_bf04146ceb_c.jpg

beautiful shots, all of them. i wish i had as little talent as you do ;-) and really crafty conversions...

re the last two shots, i still prefer the film one. i like that windows are not glaring patches of white and skin tones on the boy's face in the digital one look slightly metallic, imho. but i'm sure it's just acquired taste...

beautiful shots, all of them. i wish i had as little talent as you do ;-) and really crafty conversions...

re the last two shots, i still prefer the film one. i like that windows are not glaring patches of white and skin tones on the boy's face in the digital one look slightly metallic, imho. but i'm sure it's just acquired taste...

I prefer the film shot too... A big part of my problem is that I can't seem to pick out the details and figure out why. You mentioned the skin tones and I totally agree now that you bring it up, but I didn't notice it before.

my biggest issues with digital are skin tones and big white blotches. at least i don't see that changed with newest cameras so i'm not tempted by them. and people on RFF tend to prefer costly cameras too ;-) but i'm never sure if it's technology or just my lack of pp skills and not being willing to learn how to do it...

Back