Electro 35 GT severely overexposing -- help!

efix

RF user by conviction
Local time
2:42 AM
Hey fellow Olympus shooters,

I'm back with another problem. As some of you may remember, my 35 GT was with Peter Robinson (monopix) two times now. The first time, it had some severe mechanical issues (among which the famous "pad of death" problem), the second time, some screws in the shutter assembly had gotten loose. When I last got it back, it was working flawlessly.

However, with the last roll I processed, starting at approx. frame #10, the camera started overexposing severly, but about 2 stops (approximated). I checked the ISO dial, it is seems to operate and be set correctly.

Peter has no idea (yet) what this could be, but he says probably not the battery. Could the light meter be failing? Do you guys have any ideas? Has this happened to any of you before, and have you found a fix for it?

Thanks a bunch in advance!

When a CdS cell goes bad, it's usually a short that does it in. This could give you that overexposure symptom.

PF

When a CdS cell goes bad, it's usually a short that does it in. This could give you that overexposure symptom.

PF

Cds cells usually go open circuit. All the bad ones I've ever seen have corrosion around where the leg is soldered into the cell - probably due to the flux not being cleaned off properly.

But if the cell fails - either open or short, you'd either get maximum or minimum shutter speed and not just a consistant over exposure.

Cds cells usually go open circuit. All the bad ones I've ever seen have corrosion around where the leg is soldered into the cell - probably due to the flux not being cleaned off properly.

But if the cell fails - either open or short, you'd either get maximum or minimum shutter speed and not just a consistant over exposure.

Got my selenium and CdS symptoms mixed up again. Thanks for straightening that out, Robert (if I didn't get your name wrong too).:bang:

So ... the last roll of Delta 400 I exposed developed just fine. So maybe it was a bad developing job from the lab with the Tri-X, or a bad scanning job from my side. Will be 100% sure once I scanned that Delta 400. But from what it looks like, it's all properly exposed. Ghost in the machine, huh?

Back