W/NW : Motorcycles

Charlie, that last one and the next few shots are from vintage races at Sears Pt., Sonoma, Ca.

Untitled-3-10.jpg

Untitled-1-9.jpg

Untitled-5-6.jpg

Gary

MZ 250 wonderful bike I once owned :angel:

MZ250.jpg

DKW 125 the ancestor of the Harley Hummer ,BSA Bantam, Yamaha, Minsk and many many more copies.

Putput.jpg

I don't own it anymore, on a Ducati Monster now. But this showed up on a random roll that had been in my fridge for quite a few years. My '80 or '81 Honda CB750k. Kinda miss that bike, although it went to a good friend who made it his own, and enjoys it.

Scan-120223-0005-L.jpg

86GSXR.jpg

Apologize for the lack of quality in this image, it's a download of a copied print from 1986.
This was my 1986 GSXR 750 (first year of production) that I used in WERA & the old AMACCS series of races back in, you guessed it, 1986. Actually, I used the same bike through out my short but fun road racing years of 86-89.

Mike, these old racers are from a vintage race at Sears Pt. raceway in Sonoma, Ca in the late 1980's. The other shots are from various bike shows about the same time. These are all shot on my old Minotla SRT 101 with Kodakrome 64.

Untitled-9-4.jpg

Gary

Charlie, I am sure that many of these bikes were race survivors that were put back into use. At that time there was a pretty lively competition in vintage racing. These guys were the winning a lot back then.

Untitled-5-5.jpg

Gary

That's funny,I remember Team Obsolete from the vintage class. I use to hang out with a crew that raced under the name of "Never Ready Racing", the owner was Buddy Keller out of Deltona, Fl. These are some of the best people you could ever meet. There were times when a stranger, I would be racing against, would lend me parts to repair my bike, just so I could make the race to compete against them. Alot of riders race just for the comradery that exists among the racers. I started racing, at first, because I could not continue to ride the way I enjoyed riding, on the street & live very long. :D

Today I'm looking at a BMW R 1200 GS for a "semi-commute to work" & a "back in the saddle again" bike. Really like the Boxer engine, full of torky power & in a multi purpose frame. Also, the upright riding position is easier on my older beaten & bruised body. As most riders know, motorcycle riders come in only 2 flavors: those who have crashed and those who are going to crash. Ride long enough & you'll experience this for yourself. :eek:, :cool:, :D

Roscoe, really like your old CB750, that flat black paint job worked well with the minimalist cafe' racer styling.

Bike show bikes.
Untitled-2-5.jpg

Untitled-13-1.jpg

I'm not sure about this one, is it an Enfield built in India? Or is it a real Indian. I am not really up on Indians.

Gary

And then there is Team Incomplete.

And then there is Team Incomplete.

This is just one of their Cafe Racer projects. The donor bike was an R100G that crashed at 70 mph, and an older slash 6 or 7 for the much modified frame. I rode "airheads" for a number of years and when I saw this it became my "fantasy" ride. Likely don't have time left to do one like this, but somewhere between a stock 70's airhead and this MC... I could be happy.

I'm an "iron butt" rider. I ride solo and long miles each day, when I travel.

Motorcycling is the best way to tour for photography. You don't see photo opportunities in any other form of travel, like you do on a motorcycle. I use a large tank mount bag with multiple layer compartments. My camera is in the top section, well padded and easily accessible.

The TI (Team Incomplete) Boxer:

incompboxer.jpg

team_incomplete_bmw_racer.jpg

This is just one of their Cafe Racer projects. The donor bike was an R100G that crashed at 70 mph, and an older slash 6 or 7 for the much modified frame. I rode "airheads" for a number of years and when I saw this it became my "fantasy" ride. Likely don't have time left to do one like this, but somewhere between a stock 70's airhead and this MC... I could be happy.

I'm an "iron butt" rider. I ride solo and long miles each day, when I travel.

Motorcycling is the best way to tour for photography. You don't see photo opportunities in any other form of travel, like you do on a motorcycle. I use a large tank mount bag with multiple layer compartments. My camera is in the top section, well padded and easily accessible.

The TI (Team Incomplete) Boxer:

Great looklng bike, this is exactly what l'd like to build.

G

Much text and many pics of the "Boxer" project.

Much text and many pics of the "Boxer" project.

Great looklng bike, this is exactly what l'd like to build.

G

Here is a many page web site, showing details of the project from the donor bike and the heavily triangulated and modified "Slash" frame, through a number of pages dealing with each of the significant mods to completion.

I think you'll find this interesting:

http://www.teamincomplete.com/Boxer/boxerhome.html

Back