Uncle Earl took them..check it out!

Pfreddee

Well-known
Local time
7:01 PM
Drop by The Online Photographer site, and read the article on the latest about who really took the Ansel Adams plates. I'll be it was Uncle Earl!:D

With best regards.

Pfreddee(Stephen)

another fine job by the mass media.

'Lost Adam's negatives worth 200 million' on every MSN, Yahoo, news site for 3-4 days straight. Not a single one calling any of it into question. folks should lose their job for it, instead they'll be typing the next headline... "Lost Adam's negatives a fake"!

'Lost Adam's negatives worth 200 million' on every MSN, Yahoo, news site for 3-4 days straight. Not a single one calling any of it into question. folks should lose their job for it, instead they'll be typing the next headline... "Lost Adam's negatives a fake"!

It's called productivity: why generate zero headlines when it can be two (or more)? :D

another fine job by the mass media.

It's celebrity news, not news news. It doesn't have to have any substance: it's pure entertainment. Did anyone actually read it under the assumption that it was of any importance whatsoever? At least it's more interesting than another Hollywood marriage or divorce. Why should anyone lose their job?

Cheers,

R.

Repeat: The only piece of art worth $200MM is a Rembrandt or Van Gogh. Maybe the Greek Parthenon so we can rebuild it in Las Vegas.

I'm not taking any sides in this. I will say that it reminds me somewhat of the movie "Who the #$&% is Jackson Pollock?". It's a pretty interesting documentary about a possible Pollock original that the art world just can't/won't accept as such, apparently because it wasn't found by the "right person".

I'm not saying at all that the situations are identical (or even similar), only that I was reminded of the flick. Check it out.

In America, bloggers are the only media that exists, the rest is corporate propaganda.

Are you consumer, or are you a citizen?

I do truly believe that, it's evident. Journalistic ass kissing of corporate interest is nearly universal, particularly regarding politics, finance and entertainment. Nearly all news organizations, movie studios, and magazine publishers are owned by large multinationals who also own financial, energy, medical, pharma, and war materiel companies. Nearly every editorial in a 'paper of record' relies on misrepresentations to serve these interests.

Lol, thanks. Have some pie.

:D

moderator edit: refers to previous edited post

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps this will help some.

"People spill a lot of ink on complex explanations for the profound flaws of the establishment media, but often, the proximate cause is simply the pure denseness of media stars (though they are chosen to be media stars by the corporations that own them because of, not despite, this denseness, which leads back to the more complex questions about what establishment media outlets are and the functions they intend to fulfill)."

http://www.salon.com/news/opinion/glenn_greenwald/2010/07/24/anonymity/index.html

I do truly believe that, it's evident. Journalistic ass kissing of corporate interest is nearly universal, particularly regarding politics, finance and entertainment. Nearly all news organizations, movie studios, and magazine publishers are owned by large multinationals who also own financial, energy, medical, pharma, and war materiel companies. Nearly every editorial in a 'paper of record' relies on misrepresentations to serve these interests.

And this is on topic how?

You can play, I'm going to sleep until the mods show up with your meds....

It's celebrity news, not news news. It doesn't have to have any substance: it's pure entertainment. Did anyone actually read it under the assumption that it was of any importance whatsoever? At least it's more interesting than another Hollywood marriage or divorce. Why should anyone lose their job?

Cheers,

R.

well Roger, i naively assume that one can't just ring up MSNBC and feed them some nonsense about finding John Voight's car on craigslist and have it presented as breaking news 30 minutes later.

i suppose you are right, entertainment it is. sort of like the whole 'Victory' thing on the the Abraham Lincoln.

(insert best breaking news sound here) 'this just in, the whole zombie craze is over'!

Old saying: "A lie can run around the world before the truth has gots its boots on."

In a celebrity-obsessed culture, the lie (in the gutter media) may have to be refuted or it will become the accepted truth. Generally, the serious media (such as Private Eye in the UK, but also the BBC, Torygraph and Guradian) will only mention the fluff in passing, and will likewise mention the debunking of it later.

Some bloggers, on the other hand, will cheerfully go on supporting anything, long after it has been discredited. Holocaust denial? Faked moon landings? No problem. Same here. It's clearly an Anselite Zonie conspiracy to suppress the TRUTH about these pictures. Probably the Jews, Freemasons, Catholics, Commies and (latest hate figure for the brain-dead) BP are in on the conspiracy too! Oh: and let's not forget the Tea Party, who blame it all on the Democrats.

Some people, it seems, read only the celebrity pages or the tinfoil-helmet pages. At least the latter are sometimes entertaining. ELVIS SHOT KENNEDY. Or was it KENNEDY POISONED ELVIS? Ah, who cares. Print 'em both, along with the 'evidence'.

Cheers,

R.

Last edited:
Some bloggers, on the other hand, will cheerfully go on supporting anything, long after it has been discredited. Holocaust denial? Faked moon landings? No problem. Same here. It's clearly an Anselite Zonie conspiracy to suppress the TRUTH about these pictures. Probably the Jews, Freemasons, Catholics, Commies and (latest hate figure for the brain-dead) BP are in on the conspiracy too! Oh: and let's not forget the Tea Party, who blame it all on the Democrats.

Cheers,

R.

Cheers Roger,

I've seen a lot of blogs. Real political blogs such as Greenwald's and many others are generally kept quite honest by their readers, as those with differing views are free to post in comments where the meat of the issues gets discussed. If comments aren't allowed, as in many mainstream opinion pieces and whatnot, nobody reads them because they are not accountable to their readers. It's been a long while since I've come across the kind of conspiracy theories you describe other than, as the Salon article pointed out, in the mainstream media.

We have a situation in the US where there are many, many journalists, so the ones who get paid are the ones who have access. The ones who have access don't want to lose it.

There are also these people.

http://www.thenation.com/article/media-lobbying-complex

Which I was linked to via a blog. It's hard to describe what it's like here to someone in Europe.

Last edited:
It's hard to describe what it's like here to someone in Europe.

Fair enough. When I lived in California I used to listen to the BBC on short-wave radio (pre-internet days) in order to get some international news. As Frances said - and she's American - it was a bit like living in a totalitarian regime where the news was either suppressed or 'managed'.

Our all-time favourte was in the LA Times (which we took every day) at the time of the Bush-Gorbachev summit:

"In Malta, far from the crossroads of world history..."

Well, yes, if you have the attention span of a gnat and no historical knowledge prior to about 1980,

Cheers,

R.

Back