Re-Obtained an Argus C3

kb244

Well-known
Local time
3:02 PM
I got myself another Argus C3 after trading away my old one (I missed it). My first Argus C3, was the camera I shot my first roll of true black and white thru (my Kodak Pony 135 was the one that I shot first roll of chrome thru). It was also the first roll I developed myself. After about a year of owning it, I ended up trading it for a Canon Demi half-frame camera. Figuring that the argus were a dime a dozen and the Demi were not, figuring add to my collection of Canon cameras. (And the person I traded with was having a hard time finding an Arcus C3 that wasn't hurt in one way or another with clean interiors, thus offering mine)

Well I ended up getting another Argus C3 from the store after finding one that suited my taste and matched closely to the model/variation I had originally, I also got it with a flash gun, to which I could shoot barebulb, or with the reflector, to which opened up a new possibility of playing around lol. The new one seemed to be in just as good condition as the previous one I had, clear lens, good viewfinder, shutters seemed sound, and focus was smooth. After I developed a roll from it, it was back to the desirable imperfections of the lens (mainly wide open).

While its not nearly as ergonomic or versitile as my Canon P, theres just 'something' about the argus that is desirable. I guess I could not remain argus-less for long.

Back