Rangefinderforum.com

Rangefinderforum.com (http://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Leica Monochrom - All M Models (http://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=206)
-   -   Leica M Monochrom: best pics (http://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123460)

leicashot 09-07-2012 22:47

Leica M Monochrom: best pics
 
Post your best pics from the M Monochrom here.

Jager 09-08-2012 18:06


tuanvinh2000 09-08-2012 18:14

excellent shots guys, i enjoy the humour. hope you came to help that falling guy

leicashot 09-08-2012 18:26

Agreed that shot is very nicely composed as well

Vics 09-08-2012 18:35

Do we know how many MMs are in the hands of photographers by now? It may take a while to get this thread going... Great stuff so far, though!

leicashot 09-08-2012 18:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vics (Post 1961501)
Do we know how many MMs are in the hands of photographers by now? It may take a while to get this thread going... Great stuff so far, though!

Only 500 cameras made, and not sure if they've all sold...and how many to actual users?

Vics 09-08-2012 18:50

Looks like Tri-x to me, Kristian! Very nice.

charles.k 09-09-2012 03:12

Excellent shots guys! Kristian, great idea for this thread.
Kristian, excellent set. Jager, love your series and in LUF.

Shots on the second day with the M-M, 24 Lux and LR4:)






whitecat 09-09-2012 03:17

Excellent work, indeed.

leicashot 09-09-2012 03:18

Beautiful images and processing Charles. Love the warm hues in these pictures

Jager 09-09-2012 05:14

Thanks guys! And thanks, Kristian, for starting this thread - terrific idea. I love everything here so far and am looking forward to seeing more.

Here's another...


leicashot 09-09-2012 05:38

Well this thread was bound to happen sooner or later...

urban_alchemist 09-09-2012 11:22

As someone waiting to pick up my MM (I live in Israel, camera came from Germany, heading to meet it in France on Thursday) - anyone have any tips to avoid clipping the highlights? Do you shoot 1 or 2 stops under and then adjust in post, or do you wing it?

Jager 09-09-2012 13:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by urban_alchemist (Post 1962006)
As someone waiting to pick up my MM (I live in Israel, camera came from Germany, heading to meet it in France on Thursday) - anyone have any tips to avoid clipping the highlights? Do you shoot 1 or 2 stops under and then adjust in post, or do you wing it?

Congratulations on the impending union!

As for highlight clipping, although its true that if they're clipped they're truly gone - I wouldn't worry overly about it. Just expose for the highlights, like you would for slide film. Be mindful when viewing a scene of its range of tonal values - brightly lit, contrasty scenes are where highlight clipping is most likely to raise its head. And watch your histogram. That will tell you if you're heading towards where angels fear to tread.

If you set underexposure compensation, I'd start out easy - a stop at most. If you crowd everything to the left out of fear of highlight clipping, you'll lose much of the dynamic range and high-iso (low noise) capability inherent to the camera.

You're going to love it...

Jager 09-09-2012 15:56

A couple to end Sunday evening on...





Keith 09-09-2012 16:02

So how ya'll goin' up here at the better end of town? :D

These ^ are very nice Jeff ... the tones in that second pic are just perfect for me. :)

Jager 09-09-2012 16:25

Thanks Keith!

charles.k 09-09-2012 22:43

Thank you guys:)
Kristian, very nice shot of the gull, even if it's Melbourne:D The second shot is excellent.
Jeff, love those last two shots, full depth of tones in the #1.

Richard G 09-09-2012 23:02

Slumming it with an M9. I'll be over in the digital black and white thread if anyone wants me. Which of course they won't. You'd think an M9-P would cure your GAS for more than 6 months. And I have to share this town with Kristian Dowling. I have been practising the piano again. And taking aspirin.

Great shots guys. Agree with Ketih about that lovely father and child shot Jeff.

leicashot 09-09-2012 23:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard G (Post 1962501)
Slumming it with an M9. I'll be over in the digital black and white thread if anyone wants me. Which of course they won't. You'd think an M9-P would cure your GAS for more than 6 months. And I have to share this town with Kristian Dowling. I have been practising the piano again. And taking aspirin.

Great shots guys. Agree with Ketih about that lovely father and child shot Jeff.

Slumming and M9 in the same sentence? No way mate. Nice to see the Aussies leading the way with this thread :D

ChrisN 09-09-2012 23:43

Nice work people - looking forward to seeing more. :) Ozzie Ozzie Ozzie!

leicashot 09-09-2012 23:54

Considering Australia only received 5 units wer're doing well so far.

ricnak 09-10-2012 00:38

Kristian.
So... how did you get yours so quickly? Did you order from within Oz or from the outside world?
Cheers
h.

crispy12 09-10-2012 00:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jager (Post 1961477)

wow, this is amazing Jeff!

charles.k 09-10-2012 01:05

Yes, the Aussies all the way:D Seriously more we can see and learn, the better:)
Kristian, that group portrait shot at 10,000 ISO is stunning. It is this reason alone that I have the M-M.

leicashot 09-10-2012 01:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricnak (Post 1962550)
Kristian.
So... how did you get yours so quickly? Did you order from within Oz or from the outside world?
Cheers
h.

Ordered from a Melbourne dealer just 2 weeks before it arrived. There was even 1 left over that sold one day after mine.

charles.k 09-10-2012 02:40

More shots from yesterday afternoon with the M-M, 24 Lux and LR4:)


stewartjallan 09-10-2012 12:22

I haven't had as much of a chance to play with mine as I'd like but here are a couple I liked. They are taken with a Jupiter 50mm lens (with made in USSR written on it) but I thought they came out ok!




leicashot 09-10-2012 15:24

For those interested, Leica have posted my pictures from Melbourne Spring Fashion Week, and story coming to the Leica blog in the coming day.....

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...4997734&type=1

leicapixie 09-11-2012 03:23

Wow! Truly great photographs. Great moments, lovely look. Think personally the MM images are more due to good eye and quick finger.

leicashot 09-13-2012 08:40

My full writeup on Leica Blog http://blog.leica-camera.com/photogr...comment-104135

maggieo 09-13-2012 09:21

I am loving the shots posted in this thread!

I reckon my Jupiter-8 and a Monochrom would be a very happy marriage...

Jager 09-14-2012 04:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by leicashot (Post 1961702)
Beautiful images and processing Charles. Love the warm hues in these pictures

Amen. How is the weather where you are, Charles? I was a little surprised to see the three girls sunbathing... would have thought it was still a little cool. (I'm envious of y'all coming into spring, while we're heading into fall...)

Lovely images...

Jager 09-14-2012 04:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by stewartjallan (Post 1962983)
I haven't had as much of a chance to play with mine as I'd like but here are a couple I liked. They are taken with a Jupiter 50mm lens (with made in USSR written on it) but I thought they came out ok!

Stewart, that Jupiter of yours is working out just fine! Just love the shot in the bar...

Jager 09-14-2012 04:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by leicashot (Post 1965363)

Congratulations again, Kristian. Thanks for giving us here a sneak preview. Lovely, lovely images...

Jager 09-14-2012 04:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by crispy12;
wow, this is amazing Jeff!

Thanks crispy!

urban_alchemist 09-15-2012 00:27

Finally picked up my Monochrom. So, what do I think?

Bloody incredible. Most of my photos are family-oriented (don't post those pics on the internet), but I can't quite believe this is a digital camera. The files are so clean, so beautifully graduated, so sharp - they remind me of the Kodak Technical Pan that I've been so quickly running low on.

So, without delay, here are two non-family shots from my first day with the MM. The second, believe it or not, is 2500 with no noise reduction! Holy cow batman; what a camera!




Leica All Day 09-15-2012 01:17

Wow, some really nice photos here...

Hey Kristian, I hope you plan on bringing your Leica M Monochrom tomorrow for our shoot, I am dying to try it out in Bangkok :)

cheers, michael

leicashot 09-15-2012 02:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by michaelbialecki (Post 1966658)
Wow, some really nice photos here...

Hey Kristian, I hope you plan on bringing your Leica M Monochrom tomorrow for our shoot, I am dying to try it out in Bangkok :)

cheers, michael

Yeah for sure Michael.

ChrisN 09-15-2012 02:20

Nice photos! Lovely tones.

You're a bit cheeky posing that lovely lady beside what looks like a bag of garbage!

Quote:

Originally Posted by urban_alchemist (Post 1966634)
Finally picked up my Monochrom. So, what do I think?

Bloody incredible. Most of my photos are family-oriented (don't post those pics on the internet), but I can't quite believe this is a digital camera. The files are so clean, so beautifully graduated, so sharp - they remind me of the Kodak Technical Pan that I've been so quickly running low on.

So, without delay, here are two non-family shots from my first day with the MM. The second, believe it or not, is 2500 with no noise reduction! Holy cow batman; what a camera!






All times are GMT -8. The time now is 23:01.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

All content on this site is Copyright Protected and owned by its respective owner. You may link to content on this site but you may not reproduce any of it in whole or part without written consent from its owner.