Rangefinderforum.com

Rangefinderforum.com (http://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Rangefinder Photography Discussion (http://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Dont like KEH site redesign (http://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21846)

pesphoto 04-12-2006 10:21

Dont like KEH site redesign

ANyone else find KEH's new website more cumbersome to search for items? I dont go there as often now because of it.

RayPA 04-12-2006 10:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by pesphoto
ANyone else find KEH's new website more cumbersome to search for items? I dont go there as often now because of it.

I did. It's still somewhat bothersome, especially that little "redraw," or whatever it is that occurs everytime the search fields are narrowed down.

:)

ray_g 04-12-2006 10:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by pesphoto

Same here. An example of fixing something that was already working.

Stu W 04-12-2006 10:32

Hard to navigate.

pesphoto 04-12-2006 10:35

maybe if we start a petition they would change it back? hehe

Rob 04-12-2006 11:01

Yeah, the old way worked fine, I have told them that, maybe others should too.

nyx 04-12-2006 11:10

also, it's impossible to open more categories/items into tabs - using javascript for normal navigation is simply stupid.

wlewisiii 04-12-2006 11:25

I screamed loudly when it was first done and exchanged emails with them, but nothing changed. I get the feeling someone's relative allegedly does web design and convinced them they were out of date... :bang:

William

SolaresLarrave 04-12-2006 11:27

I didn't like it much either... but I guess it was inevitable that it changed. We've seen it before, even here... so, let's adapt to it as the mature, adaptable citizens we are.

I still don't like it.

pesphoto 04-12-2006 11:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by wlewisiii
I screamed loudly when it was first done and exchanged emails with them, but nothing changed. I get the feeling someone's relative allegedly does web design and convinced them they were out of date... :bang:

William

As we all here know, newer is not always better. Maybe if the online sales dip enough they will revert back or fix this one some.

ywenz 04-12-2006 11:52

They ripped the design off of B&H Pfftttt....

RJBender 04-12-2006 12:51

1 Attachment(s)
Click on the camera store tab and it lists all the categories.

R.J.

rover 04-12-2006 15:29

I don't like the new design either, but RJ is right.

Click in the Camera Store tab and it is like the old site.

ray_g 04-12-2006 17:43

And there seems to be something wrong with their "in-transit" email notification system. I still get the email when an in transit item i marked becomes available, but it says the item had already been sold! :(