Rangefinderforum.com

Rangefinderforum.com (http://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Point-N-Shoot 35mm Cameras (http://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Winter Winding Down (http://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147844)

farlymac 03-09-2015 09:40

Winter Winding Down
 
Just some ramblings about Botetourt County, VA looking for the last of the snow.


Looking Towards Springwood by br1078phot, on Flickr
Towards the James RiverValley, with Back Creek and PurgatoryMountains beyond. Ten shots stitched together in PSE10.



Winding Wheatland Road by br1078phot, on Flickr
Heading to Fincastle.



CaldwellMountain by br1078phot, on Flickr
Looking west from Fincastle, VA.



Rip Tide by br1078phot, on Flickr
Let your imagination run wild.



Spring Is Coming! by br1078phot, on Flickr
Finally, a sign of renewed life.

Want to see more?
https://www.flickr.com/photos/769958...7650850897818/

PF

DoxLeica 03-09-2015 10:00

Not in PA last week!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/16577203638/

KoNickon 03-09-2015 10:32

Nice ones, Phil. What was the camera/lens?

The shot of the bud makes me realize I was not able to get out and trim our wisteria, which should have been done in February. It's going to go hog wild this year.

farlymac 03-09-2015 17:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by KoNickon (Post 2461760)
Nice ones, Phil. What was the camera/lens?

The shot of the bud makes me realize I was not able to get out and trim our wisteria, which should have been done in February. It's going to go hog wild this year.

Nikon Coolpix P7700, an Advanced Compact with too small of a sensor for the snobs in the digital section, so I have to post over here.

PF

FrankS 03-09-2015 17:56

It felt today like we turned the corner towards Spring up here too.

KoNickon 03-09-2015 19:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by farlymac (Post 2461960)
Nikon Coolpix P7700, an Advanced Compact with too small of a sensor for the snobs in the digital section, so I have to post over here.

PF

Wha..? I wasn't aware there was snobbery regarding classes of digicams here. The results are quite good, I'd say.

David Hughes 03-10-2015 03:21

Hi,

If you count a sign of summer as roses in bud and opening then last summer went on and on until early to mid-February this year. Then the last four rose buds were caught by the frost. We had some snow in January but it didn't last more than a day and the roses went on flowering through it. It was surreal at times...

30 or 40 years ago we were cut off every winter by the snow but I haven't seen serious snow for a long time. I find that worrying.

Regards, David

Lauffray 03-10-2015 04:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Hughes (Post 2462064)

30 or 40 years ago we were cut off every winter by the snow but I haven't seen serious snow for a long time. I find that worrying.

Regards, David

Where do you live David ?
This winter was so cold here I'm welcoming the balmy +4 today as sign of spring

David Hughes 03-10-2015 12:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lauffray (Post 2462091)
Where do you live David ?
This winter was so cold here I'm welcoming the balmy +4 today as sign of spring

Hi,

How about 52 13' 0" and 0 40' 30" give or take a yard or two? But it's not been above 15 for a while...

Regards, David

farlymac 03-10-2015 17:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by KoNickon (Post 2461987)
Wha..? I wasn't aware there was snobbery regarding classes of digicams here. The results are quite good, I'd say.

I posted once in "Other AC", Nick, and someone got all upset about the small sensor, and wrote that I should be posting in P&S. Next thing I knew, some moderator moved it over here, so I deleted the post. To heck with the pretentious bunch of 'em.

PF

Paulbe 03-11-2015 03:11

Phil--beautiful pix--thanks!
I really like the winding road--super!
Paul

citizen99 03-11-2015 03:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paulbe (Post 2462502)
Phil--beautiful pix--thanks!
I really like the winding road--super!
Paul

My sentiments too.

citizen99 03-11-2015 03:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by farlymac (Post 2462404)
I posted once in "Other AC", Nick, and someone got all upset about the small sensor, and wrote that I should be posting in P&S. Next thing I knew, some moderator moved it over here, so I deleted the post. To heck with the pretentious bunch of 'em.

PF

It doesn't matter how big your sensor is, it's what you do with it ...


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 21:42.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

All content on this site is Copyright Protected and owned by its respective owner. You may link to content on this site but you may not reproduce any of it in whole or part without written consent from its owner.