View Single Post

Old 10-28-2011   #10
HLing

Quote:
Originally Posted by charjohncarter View Post
Someone on the Internet had a great way of changing the the 'not available battery' to three AAA batteries. I did it and it has worked great I have two 100s and the one that I have converted is perfect. The other had a battery that is still working (unbelievable). Polaroids, unlike same camera companies (Canon) seemed design cameras that did not suck the life out of batteries.

I couldn't find the site, but I'll try again tomorrow.

I clean the rollers on mine after every pack. I don't know what you mean by upside down. If you are really that worried, I'll email you a photo on mine (just PM me). By the way FP100b is the best B&W Polaroid every made (in my opinion).

and FP100b in pinhole (homemade not an Automatic100;

The Fujifilm packs are slightly tighter so you have to be very careful with the tabs on the first couple of sheets of film.

EDIT: Here is the site just keep continuing through it and you will get to the batteries. There is a lot of other valuable information there too.:

http://www.instantoptions.com/conversions/100/

By the way, Charjohncarter, those shots you took with the homemade pinhole camera are beautiful!

Ironically, now that I got the Polaroid Auto 100 working (the battery came in the mail), I could not find any FP100-b film any where. I loaded the FP100 C, but did not get any shot because I jammed it and wasted the whole pack. Next I tried the FP3000 b, which seem to have potential, but I'm a bit confused about the settings and am still in the middle of testing:

On the Automatic 100, there are 4 settings for speed: 75, 150, 300, and 3000. According to the manual, the 150 and 300 are for "future" possibilities. Are they in fact different though? It seemed to me that there are differences in the 4 shots that I took (3000 was way too dark, 75 was too light), but I wasn't very exact with the development time.

In any case, the automatic 100 is a lot nicer than the minute maker!