View Single Post

Old 10-14-2014   #82
CameraQuest
Head Bartender

Quote:
Originally Posted by burancap View Post
I love, love, love my coupled Amedeo and Contax 50/1.5 Sonnar! I would like to add a 35 Biogon to the mix, but I find myself a bit confused. For reference, the following is from POST #2 for convenience...

35/4.5 Carl Zeiss Jena Orthometar (YES - will mount and focus properly)
35/2.8 Carl Zeiss Jena Biometar (YES - will mount and focus properly)
pre-WWII Carl Zeiss Jena 35/2.8 Biogon (NO - rear element too large, interferes with rangefinder mechanism)
post-WWII Jena ("E. German") coated version (NO - rear element too large, interferes with rangefinder mechanism)
35/2.8 Zeiss-Opton (NO - rear element too large, interferes with rangefinder mechanism)
35/2.8 Carl Zeiss ("W. German") Biogon (NO - rear element too large, interferes with rangefinder mechanism)
35/3.5 Zeiss-Opton (NO - rear element too large, interferes with rangefinder mechanism)
35/3.5 Carl Zeiss Planar (NO - rear element too large, interferes with rangefinder mechanism)

Now, the Amedeo site shows the regular adapter as coupled for 50 and above and that wider lenses will not focus. Also available is one that is uncoupled for 35, etc. that will allow fitting large rear element lenses to non-metered M bodies. So, from the above list, some show that they will mount AND focus, and others that will not mount. Is the list, the Amedeo site, or something else in/out of synch? Thanks!!!
the way to shoot the larger rear element lenses on another camera,
including the Biogons, 35/1.8 Nikkor, 50/1.1 Nikkor,

Is to use the Rayqual SC to NEX adapter
on a Sony A7 or A7s.

Stephen