View Single Post

Old 05-23-2019   #89
rbiemer
Unabashed Amateur

The article liked to isn't the worst I've read about its subject but I don't see a very strong connection to the OPs contention.

I'm happy to be getting my emotional support from my friends and family rather than from any on line group. It's not that I dislike or mistrust any of you but, honestly, we don't really know each other.

I've occasionally asked for and got help with creative struggles here but I am not expecting the same kind of intimacy or bond that I have with my friends and family.

If I have a question about photography--whether it's mechanical or artistic--this is where I will ask. My friends and family like my photography well enough but they don't care about and can't answer those questions.

If I have a question about, for example, mortality or need to talk about what might be missing in my life I will and have ask(ed) the people I love in my day to day life.

Last, my photography is largely about choosing to express some things visually rather than verbally. I could or wanted to talk/write about those things, my hobby would be novel writing. Or poetry.

Rob

You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
--Mark Twain