View Single Post

Old 10-17-2005   #8
RJBender
RFF Sponsoring Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren T.
I am volunteering my time to take some pictures of a local event held by a non-profit organization. I am not a professional photographer.

The organization will provide the film, and will do the processing. All I am doing is taking the pictures. They will use the images for promotional purposes, brochures, etc. I am more than happy to do this because it is for a very worthy cause.

I was just wondering if the organization will own those images, or what other arrangements might others make in this situation?

If I get some good images, I would love to show them as some of my work either online or in an album somewhere, but I'm not sure how this all works.

Thanks,

Warren
Talk it over with the representative of the organization and let them know what you want for donating your time... photo CD, credit for all photos published, permission to use photos of the event to promote your business, etc. Then confirm your agreement with an e-mail.

You may want to take a second camera, load it with your film and process it yourself.

R.J.