View Single Post

Old 02-22-2018   #20
retinax

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmitrizzle View Post
Related question. The reason I took the shutter apart is because it had trouble cocking and was not firing properly. After cleaning and flushing it would produce correct shutter speeds, however it wouldn't cock or stay cocked. What I mean is that it wouldn't catch to stay cocked and fire immediately after cocking mechanism is released without waiting for trigger.

I noticed that this mechanism was taken apart before me by someone, my guess is that they tried to fix it but failed.

Have you experienced a Synchro Compur shutter not staying cocked? Do you think it could be fixed?

-
Thank you so much for your help guys!
I think I saw similar symptoms on my Retina, that were related to the "transmission" that cocks the shutter from the body, it was cocking it too far. That's probably not what you're seeing as you have the shutter removed from the body...
Btw, the blades that you definitely don't want any trace of oil on are the shutter blades which are inside the assembly you're showing to us, the ones you've removed are the aperture blades, not as critical.