View Single Post

Old 06-14-2019   #16
ajtruhan

Quote:
Originally Posted by retinax View Post
There is no 120 film in bulk, would be very hard to load.
I see nothing wrong with your preference, I prefer the look of black and white film in black and white.

If you wanted to, your black and white process could be streamlined a little and would probably end up similar to C-41 if not shorter considering the set up, temperature adjust and clean up times. Most of all, why do you wash black and white longer than C41? Isn't the same thing happening?
Why can only powder be shipped to you? Shipping of liquids is no problem where I live.
I appreciate your preference of true black and white.

Youíre right I could up my dev temp, also use it straight for maybe half the time, but once I achieved success I didnít want to toy with it.

I wash twice as long as the fix time per instructions of Kodak fixer. The unicolor instructions advise 3 minutes for color.

If I search liquids at b and h or elsewhere I get a store pickup only message. Maybe I assumed there was some sort of regulation preventing shipment.

Iíve wanted to try tmax but itís special developer is liquid and I could not have it delivered. Iím in the states. Where do you reside and what is your store?