Old 11-25-2018   #81
Nokton48

I also like the bokeh of the 180mm F2.8 CZJ Zeiss Sonnar lens. I hacked an old Zebra version to my 9x9cm Plaubel Makiflex.

Makiflex 180mm Sonnar Foma 200 by Nokton48, on Flickr

2016-01-01 14.22.12 by Nokton48, on Flickr

Old 11-25-2018   #82
Dayrell bishop

The Makiflex seems to be a great platform for converting different lenses , the Xenotar 150 image looks razor sharp . regards Dayrell.

Old 11-25-2018   #83
sepiareverb
genius and moron

Not old at all, the Zeiss Touit 38/1.8 is plenty bubbly.

XPro2

Old 11-25-2018   #84
peterm1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musashi1205 View Post
Peter, I totally agree with you, some things are superb in certain matters but on the other hand bother me somehow. Then the whole performance is somewhat undermined by a sort of "incomplete" feeling. For most things I don't care, but concerning my camera stuff, I just can´t.
My camera gear is something between profession and hobby. For my jobs I need mostly modern AF lenses, most of them are clinically and cold feeling tools. For my hobby I want character lenses with also nice haptics which of course should look and fit nicely together.
Yes I use modern AF lenses for certain things such as when I go on holidays and it is easier to reliably get images but for everyday shooting I just have more fun (I suppose it is more challenge?) using older lenses and I know that I will get more character filled images. But as you say some lenses just do not seem right due to their look or feel.

One that I would not use for this very non specific reason is that it looks funny (see below). Yet I once had these lenses and the camera that went with them (Pentax 110 which was also tiny) and they were not bad lenses - they just look odd to me when adapted to modern mirrorless cameras. Others I know may not be bothered by their appearance and consider only results.............

Old 11-27-2018   #85
Nokton48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayrell bishop View Post
The Makiflex seems to be a great platform for converting different lenses , the Xenotar 150 image looks razor sharp . regards Dayrell.
Thanks Dayrell.

Appreciate all your comments and for liking so many of my photographs. I do also admire many that I have seen of yours over the years.

At the Apug.org analogue forum I started a Makiflex thread in 2010. It has become a sort of personal diary, and I have met a few Makiflex owners there (and helped out a few too).

It is a wonderful camera to use, bulky but not excessively so. Yes it is the perfect platform to graft all sorts of interesting lenses onto. I have tried to collect the original Makiflex lenses from the original catalog, but I also have other lenses (eg: Fuji GX680 lenses are perfect on the Makis).

Here is my Makiflex thread on Apug: https://www.photrio.com/forum/thread...tandard.69178/

Old 12-06-2018   #86
nikon_sam
Shooter of Film...

This is either the Canon FD 50mm 1.4 or Tamron 35-70mm 3.5 Macro (17A) lens wide open...

pf