Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Leicas and other Leica Mount Cameras > Canon Leica Screw Mount Film Rangefinders

Canon Leica Screw Mount Film Rangefinders For classic Leica Screw Mount Canon Rangefinders.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

My 2 Canon QL-17's - First Results & Thank You...
Old 09-02-2005   #1
Michael W

My 2 Canon QL-17's - First Results & Thank You...

I just wanted to post a quick thank you to all those members who helped me revitalize my 2 Canon QL-17 GIII's. I picked them up from a camera shop for $10 a piece that was selling off their used inventory (to make room for the latest umpteen megapixel, digital clone of a clone no doubt). They each came with a working Canolite D Flash, and the Black body even had a Canonet Hood with the RF cut-out. The silver body needed the front element removed and shutter blades cleaned, while the black needed only a minor clean and lube. I replaced the seals on both cameras using Jon Goodman's excellent kit. Here they are...

I've uploaded a few shots from the first roll of film from each camera to my gallery. I am really amazed at the results from these little cameras. The negatives were scanned using an old Minolta Dimage Dual Scan 2400 that I bought off eBay several years ago. For a long time now, I've been just grabbing the Sony digital for quick shots of the kids, etc... while my Nikon SLR's and lenses have been sitting in their cases. I've always wanted to give RF's a try, but never got past window shopping for Besa's on eBay.

Thanks again for all the help and support! I'm looking forward to making many great photos with these little cameras, and who knows, maybe one day even a Bessa R2...

All the best,

Michael

<a href='http://www.rangefinderforum.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=1940'>My Gallery</a>