Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Rangefinder Forum > Image Processing: Darkroom / Lightroom / Film > Film vs Digital

Film vs Digital Discussions about the relative advantages and disadvantages of Film vs Digital are important as they can help us understand our choices as photographers. Each medium has strengths and weaknesses which can best be used in a given circumstance. While this makes for an interesting and useful discussion, DO NOT attack others who disagree with you. Forum rules are explained in the RFF FAQ linked at the top of each page.

A friend wrote this ..
Old 08-22-2018   #1
Bill Clark

A friend wrote this ..

What do you think?

“A film camera looks interesting. That is one of the joys of owning and using these beautiful works of technology. It complements a lifestyle that is slower, more reflective and appreciative of the beauties of nature. The love of our art includes the love of our artistic instrument. In the digital world, only the Leica M and Fujifilm X compare.”

Ian Mackechnie

Old 08-22-2018   #2
Dogman

Being a Fuji user and an admirer of the Leica, I should agree with this but I really can't fully get on board.

As for loving the instrument, yeah I get that. I really love using the XPro and X100. I never had that with the Canon or Olympus cameras I've used. But the pictures I take aren't really different, my way of shooting is pretty much the same.

Old 08-22-2018   #3
BLKRCAT
99% Film

fuji =/= film