Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Leicas and other Leica Mount Cameras > Voigtlander Lenses and Images

Voigtlander Lenses and Images Post threads showing images from Cosina Voigtlander Leica mount lenses here.

Old 03-25-2019   #161
daveywaugh
Blah

I really wanted to love this lens... but maybe I got a bad copy. I found it incredibly disappointing. Terrible bokeh, lots of coma, CA and ergonomically a bit rough. But maybe it was just bad luck. I returned it and got credit towards a Zeiss ZM 2.8. Now that lens... wow. For me it's just perfect.

Old 03-25-2019   #162
Archiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveywaugh View Post
I really wanted to love this lens... but maybe I got a bad copy. I found it incredibly disappointing. Terrible bokeh, lots of coma, CA and ergonomically a bit rough. But maybe it was just bad luck. I returned it and got credit towards a Zeiss ZM 2.8. Now that lens... wow. For me it's just perfect.

If only Zeiss made a special-purpose fast 35 as well as their very large 35/1.4 Distagon. I love the size and rendering of the 35/2.8 Biogon but it's just not the same as a f1.4. That's where the Voigtlander 35/1.4 comes in, being small and 'classic' in rendering.

Eventually, I'll get the 35/2 Biogon because it's supposed to be really sharp, it's just fast enough, and I prefer the milled focus ring and bump to the tabbed ring on Voigtlander and Leica lenses.

Old 03-25-2019   #163
jonmanjiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dourbalistar View Post
Hm, interesting. I know Cosina makes this lens for Voigtlander, but I didn't see any indication of it being discontinued on Voigtlander's own website:
https://www.voigtlaender.de/lenses/v...assic/?lang=en

Voigtlander's 35mm line of lenses is getting pretty crowded, though. Five different options just in that focal length.
AFAIK Cosina leases the name Voigtlander to stick on their lenses. Meaning that they don’t make lenses for Voigtlander, rather they make lenses for themselves and whack the Voigtlander name on them because it sounds a lot cooler than “Cosina”.

Old 03-25-2019   #164
dourbalistar

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonmanjiro View Post
AFAIK Cosina leases the name Voigtlander to stick on their lenses. Meaning that they don’t make lenses for Voigtlander, rather they make lenses for themselves and whack the Voigtlander name on them because it sounds a lot cooler than “Cosina”.
Ah, yes, looks like you're right:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosina_Voigtl%C3%A4nder

In such a case, Cosina's page about the Nokton being discontinued is probably more accurate than the Voigtlander page.

p.s. I have an early Cosina-made 107-SW (aka Voigtlander Bessa-L). It must be an early version, before they slapped the Voigtlander name on it. Interestingly, it also lacks a Cosina label.

flickr

Old 05-09-2019   #165
jarski

improved v2 coming to M-mount: https://www.dpreview.com/news/364686...leased-in-june

Old 05-09-2019   #166
DanskDynamit

I would say overrated, and this includes version 2.

Old 05-28-2019   #167
Dennis.Carlson
Expect Grain

Love mine! Would love to see if theres any improvements on the second version. These will probably be going for a steal once the new version comes out.

Old 07-15-2019   #168
Archiver

I keep vacillating on my opinions about this lens! On one hand, it's fast, compact and very well built. It renders in a classic and slightly dreamy way wide open, and it's produced some of my favourite images including environmental portraits.

On the other, the dreaminess wide open tends to glowy haze, the bokeh can be jittery, and I prefer the Zeiss knurled bump focus ring.

I just spent the weekend with the CV 35/1.4 with my M9, along with the Elmarit 28 and Summicron 50, and the Voigtlander is just so much fun in low light.