Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Leicas and other Leica Mount Cameras > Leica M8 / M8.2 / Ricoh GXR

Leica M8 / M8.2 / Ricoh GXR Smaller than full frame digital Leica M mount cameras. The Ricoh is included as a less expensive and viable digital Leica M lens platform.

I can't sell my M8 ....
Old 07-17-2017   #1
dee

I can't sell my M8 ....

I have been considering selling my M8 .
Mainly because it is still 'worth' something today and I seldom use it .
It's a 2008 version , so there is concern about something going wrong , so I am left with an expensive ornament .
Focusing is getting a bit trickier , but I am seldom in a hurry .
I vey aware than jpegs are not as good as raw , but processing will ever be beyond me . I only bought with an inheritance , it 'cos it was the closest to analogue .
I am not , and never was a Leica person - Minolta , especially the SRT was my baby .
I revisisted many of my snap shots and love the colours and atmosphere .
This is the only way I can describe it ..
I love using a Jupiter 3 in 1930s Contax mount from Brian Sweeney plus an amazing Helios , but my everyday lens is a CV 35 f2.5 which was always fine for me .
I would never wish to mess about with manual focusing on a mirrorless camera .
My M8 is 'Worth' the 500 i would sell it for - even in today's climate .
Especially as new X-Pro 1 successor with 27mm and 16-50 plus spare X-M1 body - all bought new , cost only LESS than the 500 I would achieve for my M8 !
It's not as if , i had to dig deep to fund a more modern rangefinder styled camera !

At 70 , with very occasional use [ the camera , not me ] , 'emMa 8' may outlast me LOL
dee
Stylish Fuji X-Pro 1 / X-M1 and quirky Pentax K-S1
Puns,Cameras and snapshots keeping ASD and dees'ruptive Girl/Boy/Me?' constant dee'sorientation contained.