Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Classic Film RangeFinders & Other Classics > FSU Former Soviet Union RF

FSU Former Soviet Union RF This forum is for the Former Soviet Union rangefinder cameras, especially the many and various Fed, Zorki, and Kiev.

Finally saw some Russian rangefinders today
Old 01-06-2006   #1
Rob
rangefinder camera magnet

Finally saw some Russian rangefinders today

My local camera store has two on consignment a Fed5c I think with the original box and some other wierd camera, both rangefinders. Both had rangefinder issues one was hard to look thru nothing focused, the other the patch was mis aligned...I did not try anything else. They sure are some ugly cameras.
I have never seen any Russian stuff locally before. Here it is GSN and GIII country.

Old 01-06-2006   #2
Solinar
Analog Preferred

Here are a few "Soviet Beauty Queens" for you to behold.

35mm Gear Bessa R, Leica II, - IIIg, - M2
Just for fun 35mm Gear a Kodak Retina IIa, a Rollei 35 S, plus an Oly 35RD and a Voigtlander Vito II
Modern Medium Format Fuji GW 690III
Vintage MF Folders a Voigtländer Perkeo II and Bessa II, 2 of them - a ZI Mess Ikonta 524/2 - plus an Agfa Super Isolette & a Record III
Digital a D300 and a D700 with some primes - still going over a decade later

"Who spilled the Dektol on the bathroom carpet?"

Old 01-06-2006   #3
JoeFriday
Agent Provacateur

Rob, it's not polite to point out how other people's kids are ugly.. even if everybody knows it's true

"I asked the doctor to take your picture so I could look at you from inside as well" ~the Vapors

Do you flickr?

Old 01-06-2006   #4
reagan
hey, they're only Zorkis

Quote:
"They sure are some ugly cameras."
And yet........... I can't turn away.