Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Classic Film RangeFinders & Other Classics > Polaroid & Fuji Instax

Polaroid & Fuji Instax All things Polaroid and Fuji Instax

Some Polaroid model 250 and other questions please!
Old 08-06-2013   #1
Rob
rangefinder camera magnet

Some Polaroid model 250 and other questions please!

Hi everyone, its been years since I have been on here! I was mostly into Yashica GSN and Agfa isollette cameras. I picked up a Polaroid 250 for $5 at a flea market. I have had these before when you could get Polaroid B&W peel apart film. I liked the negatives from these, the prints you got were not good. I will do the battery mod soon and adjust the rangefinder. I would like to know more about this Fuji 3000 film. Is it contrasty/sharp? How long is the development time? Does it produce a negative at all? If so do you chemically treat it? Which other Models in the 100,200,300,400 line have the glass lens and zeiss rangefinder? I run into these all the time...Oh mine came with two of the clip on flashes both with no cable and in sad shape so I tossed them. If you can point me to some nice crisp images on this Fuji 3000 film I would like to see them. THANKS! Rob

Old 08-06-2013   #2
Godfrey
somewhat colored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
Hi everyone, its been years since I have been on here! I was mostly into Yashica GSN and Agfa isollette cameras. I picked up a Polaroid 250 for $5 at a flea market. I have had these before when you could get Polaroid B&W peel apart film. I liked the negatives from these, the prints you got were not good. I will do the battery mod soon and adjust the rangefinder. I would like to know more about this Fuji 3000 film. Is it contrasty/sharp? How long is the development time? Does it produce a negative at all? If so do you chemically treat it? Which other Models in the 100,200,300,400 line have the glass lens and zeiss rangefinder? I run into these all the time...Oh mine came with two of the clip on flashes both with no cable and in sad shape so I tossed them. If you can point me to some nice crisp images on this Fuji 3000 film I would like to see them. THANKS! Rob
I was given a Polaroid 350 a couple of months ago which includes a glass lens and the Zeiss rangefinder. I haven't had the time to adapt a battery to it yet, but there's a fresh pack of the Fuji 3000 B&W film sitting next to it awaiting my time to do that.

I mostly stick with the SX-70s and Impossible Project film for my Polaroid Foo. But I only rarely refuse an interesting old camera gift! ;-)

G

Old 08-06-2013   #3
3rdtrick

Hi Rob,
Good deal on the 250, I just picked one up over the weekend for the same price after I reminded the seller that Polaroid no longer makes film... I have been mostly using the FP100C but lately I have got into the FP3000B. The development time is about 15 seconds and it is self terminating so you don't need to time it. It has a negative that you can scan without any treatment and is easy to invert and adjust. The prints are great but I have given most away and scanned the negative. Here is a scanned negative taken with a model 100:

All of the metal body cameras have glass lenses and I think a few high end plastic bodies. The two window rangefinder seems to be a bit more accurate but the single window Zeiss is easier to use. The flash output is 'M' sync for a flashbulb but usually works well with electronic flash, just make sure you take your finger off the button so the shutter closes.

Old 08-06-2013   #4
Harry Caul

My NOLAroids thread has some FP3000B shots towards the end. And I just posted these portraits in another thread. I love the sharpness of the 3000B and the grain is about as subtle as you could hope for given the speed.

Old 08-06-2013   #5
useless generation

A few shots from my modified Polaroid with Fuji FP-3000B

Old 08-07-2013   #6
vdonovan
Vince Donovan

We are big fans of Fuji Instant 3000b (and, of course, the Polaroid 250) at our shop. Here is an album of photos taken at our shop with both 3000b (negative and positive) and 100c, most all taken with a Polaroid 250 or 100: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=56bc9a9ca7

Vince Donovan
Portrait Photographer
San Francisco, CA

Old 08-07-2013   #7
vdonovan
Vince Donovan

On the same subject, here is a gallery of photos from our Night Polaroid workshop, where we go out with 250s and 100s on tripods. Fuji's 3000b is, obviously, great for night photography:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=a10b0a3480

Vince Donovan
Portrait Photographer
San Francisco, CA

Old 08-08-2013   #8
Rob

Thanks! Good info and pictures here. Will do some work on the 250 this week to get it up and running. Might as well fix that shutter on my Agfa Isolette while I am at it.
Rob

Old 08-08-2013   #9
3rdtrick

I think the 250 is the best of the pack film cameras. It has the Zeiss finder but does not have the timer that just gets in the way of the Fuji film packs. Keep your eyes open at the flea markets and look in the cases for the portrait kit self timer and filters.
Pete

Old 08-08-2013   #10
Rob

3rdtrick, mine had the self timer that is hooked to the camera strap already.
I would like some filters.

Old 08-08-2013   #11
3rdtrick

I was talking about the timer that goes over the release button. The portrait kit is quite useful too. Just saying, look in the cases, you never know what you will find.
Pete

Old 08-09-2013   #12
Rob

Oh your talking about the self timer, not development timer. I see. Yeah I would like all the accessories.

Old 08-09-2013   #13
Rob

Since I am new to the Fuji Polaroid thing, I went down to the last surviving independent camera shop in Atlanta (Wings Camera) I know the owner well and asked about the Fuji 100 he had. He offered to take a pic of me with his Polaroid passport making camera. The colors are very real looking and decent sharpness too. Might have to try some.

Old 08-10-2013   #14
3rdtrick

Yes the Color film is quite good. I was using that mostly but am starting to really like the 3000B for the look and the high speed. So Rob, go out and shoot your 250 and post the pics... Remember if you take someone's picture, you give them the print.

http://www.rangefinderforum.com/foru...d.php?t=134760

Have fun,
Pete

Old 08-10-2013   #15
BW400CN
Bessamatic forever!

Got a 103 recently to replace my Miniportrait which was no use for me.

Polaroid 103 von LeBleuBeau auf Flickr

Still have some problems to scan the "prints" but I love the results with this cam.

Polaroid 103 - Fuji FP3000B von LeBleuBeau auf Flickr
Fuji FP-100C

Polaroid 103 - Fuji FP100C von LeBleuBeau auf Flickr
Fuji FP-3000B

Old 08-11-2013   #16
Rob

I did the battery conversion on my 250 this weekend. I could not get the rangefinder to align vertically so it will have to do. Will get some film soon and give it a try.

Old 08-11-2013   #17
3rdtrick

I would not worry much about the vertical alignment as long as it works.

BW400CN, that is a cool looking 103. I have never seen one that color but it was obviously done at the factory. Will have to keep my eyes open for one that color.
Pete

Old 08-22-2013   #18
crispy12

Just got a great condition Land 250. Loaded it up with some FP 3000b black and white instant film. Accidentally ripped the black tab from the dark slide, which was no surprise, but fixed it with no problems.

First shot was so exciting!! Exposure was spot on... this is so much better than the Instax Mini prints! Just bought another $300 of pack film from Amazon, haha! Can't wait.