Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Rangefinder Forum > Rangefinder Photography Discussion

Rangefinder Photography Discussion General discussions about Rangefinder Photography. This is a great place for questions and answers that are not addressed in a specific category. Take note there is also a General Photography forum.

How to prevent dust inside the Leather Case
Old 03-13-2006   #1
Juancho
ProbabilisticPhotographer

How to prevent dust inside the Leather Case

Hi to all RFF fans!
I have a Konica Auto S2, and the leather case is maybe too dry, because every time I open it, my camera has a lot of leather-dust.
Do uou know how to avoid this? Can I use some oil, product for human skin or others?. Thanks.
Regards,
Juancho

Old 03-13-2006   #2
Kim Coxon

If it is one of the real leather cases, you could try neatsfoot oil. Use it spareingly and make sur you leave the camera out of the case until it is fully adsorbed.

Kim

Old 03-13-2006   #3
Rob
rangefinder camera magnet

This is common with the Konica Auto s2 cases. It comes from that piece in the top of the case that disintegrates. I have removed them, vacuumed out the case real good and then
you could cut a piece of mousepad to the right shape and glue that in there if you wanted. The outside I clean with a good cleaner like fantastic, then polish with shoe polish and they shine like new.