Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Rangefinder Forum > Rangefinder Photography Discussion

Rangefinder Photography Discussion General discussions about Rangefinder Photography. This is a great place for questions and answers that are not addressed in a specific category. Take note there is also a General Photography forum.

Accessory rangefinder calibration . .who/where?
Old 06-23-2005   #1
lulalake

Accessory rangefinder calibration . .who/where?

Hi folks,
Does anyone know where to get auxillary/accessory rangefinders calibrated?

I have several that tend to read differently and in one the image os offset in the vertical plane.

Thanks much for any recommendations

Jules

Old 06-23-2005   #2
cralx2000

lulalake, check this out

http://www.kyphoto.com/classics/testequipment.html

Old 06-25-2005   #3
lulalake

Thanks Cralx, I posted my question there. Lots of great info on the repair forum.

Jules

Old 06-25-2005   #4
VictorM.

Auxiliary rangefinders were meant to be user adjusted. Once you find the adjusting screw, adjust the images to overlap at "infinity". Then check the adjustment at a known, measured, distance. If the shorter distance is off, re-adjust at infinity, then check at the closer distance again. The re-adjustment may be necessary because you're depending on your vision for accuracy.

Old 06-26-2005   #5
wyk_penguin

I remember that there was a kind of view finder which only showed the brightlines, and the idea was to keep both eyes opened so that your brain combines the images. I would like to know 1) If anyone has used one; 2) Is there one for anything other than 50mm?

Bessa R3A, M4, Seagull TLR, Bronica S2A, Canon 30D

Old 06-26-2005   #6
Doug

Yes, that viewfinder came from Voigtlander, I believe. That may speed your search for further info...

For what it's worth, there's a similar sort of coup d'il in the front sight of the odd and innovative Heckler & Koch VP-70 pistol... the bright polished ramp sight has a slot cut in it, the slot ending in a vertical dark surface. To the eye this looks like a thin black front blade. Cute trick.

Old 06-26-2005   #7
Rob
rangefinder camera magnet

I just cleaned and adjusted vertical and horizontal on my Voightlander rangefinder. Its pretty easy to do. PM me if you want to know how.
Rob