Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Clubs, Critique, RFF Projects, Salon > RFF Photo Projects > 14 Day One Lens Challenge

Old 12-22-2008   #121
gerbilthemistake

I'd like to participate as well, i will be using a ricoh grd 2.

Old 12-22-2008   #122
Tuolumne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bike Tourist View Post
I decided to use the M6 + 35 Summicron. I was to meet my daughter in Stockton (CA) yesterday and then we would ride Amtrak home. I reasoned that this would be a good opportunity to do a little street shooting in an unfamiliar city and so gave myself about six hours before my daughter's bus arrived in Stockton.

When Amtrak pulled into the station and I disembarked, eager and ready to spot images, I was greeted by very cold temps and rain. I quickly shifted from photographic to survival mode. After wandering the mean streets of downtown Stockton and getting soaking wet, I ducked into a movie theater complex and dried out for a couple of hours.

I still had several hours to kill when I came out and the rain was still coming down, but the temperature had dropped. More walking, using canopies, trying to protect my camera case, looking for a warm, dry place on a Sunday when nothing was open.

I finally found a little hole-in-the wall Mexican restaurant where I ate chile verde, talked with the owner (I was the only customer) and stalled until they had to close. I then walked/ran to the train station where I met my daughter's bus and we had one more hour to wait for the train. There was a nice, warm, cozy train station but, on the weekend, IT WAS CLOSED! So we braved the wind and rain and cold for one more hour until Amtrak finally showed up.

Net result:

Zero pictures

A funny experience to reflect upon after it was over
The weather in the Northeast is not being very cooperative either, unless you like shooting in a zero degree wind chill with snow turned to ice on the ground. I suppose a real photographer would, but probably not me.

/T

Old 12-26-2008   #123
ElectroWNED

looks like I'm going to be capturing my images on the 29th or 30th- the only days in the past month that aren't 0* and snowing/raining.

Old 12-27-2008   #124
P. Lynn Miller

I have completely fallen off the wagon...

I just could not help myself, I was able to resist using the two Lubitel's that Keith sent, but when I was given a Mamiya C220 for Christmas, I just had to use it. I am just not that strong.

Sorry to disappoint...

P. Lynn Miller
Sydney, Australia

I have one of those Flickr thingy's...

Old 12-27-2008   #125
kmerenkov

Quote:
Originally Posted by P. Lynn Miller View Post

I just could not help myself, I was able to resist using the two Lubitel's that Keith sent, but when I was given a Mamiya C220 for Christmas, I just had to use it. I am just not that strong.

Sorry to disappoint...
You are not alone.
I had to do some tests with my bronica and pushed hp5 on MF so I shot it today... so I would know what to expect from it during new year meeting...

Well, at least I had fun using one camera one lens, because I don't spend time thinking on what to use when I go out.
And I will not give up, I still will try to keep myself strict about using one gear till the Jan 1st.

Old 12-27-2008   #126
Keith
On leave from Gallifrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by P. Lynn Miller View Post

Sorry to disappoint...

I'm sure you won't be the only one ... we are only human after all and the lord forgives all sinners!

Now that you have confessed this sin, and I'm sure there are others like you, just make sure that your submissions to the gallery (when I organise it with Stephen) are truly heavenly!

Me ... I've managed not to stray and after a couple of weeks of shooting my M2 and 35mm Hex I've become incredibly comfortable with it and the relationship may well continue past the comp close date. Every now and then I flip the M2's preview lever to remind myself what the 50mm framelines look like and I have to say ... that focal length is starting to look like a short tele!

Old 12-29-2008   #127
johannielscom
Ich bin ein Barnacker

So far, I'm doing fine, although I have unexpectedly run out of T-Max 400. Have decided to use the NPZ 800 I got in the Great closet clear-out for the remainder of the period.

Problem on the make though:The end of this week will probably see the arrival of a 'new' Leica M5 and a !new! M-Hexanon 35mm.

I'm going to stick by my vows, I'm going to stick by my vows, I'm going to stick by..., I'm going to... AAARRRGGGHH

I write vintage gear reviews on www.johanniels.com |

flickr | instagram |

Old 12-29-2008   #128
Rogrund
Antti Sivén

How are you all doing? I haven't shot nearly as much pics as I should have. Didn't have time before xmas and since xmas eve I've had a most uninspiring cold. And I've been working, too...

Well, at least I've had no problems sticking to the 'one camera, one lens' concept. Bessa R, Nokton 50/1.5.

See you in the gallery!

My new RFF Gallery
My flickr

Old 12-29-2008   #129
mcgrattan
-

I've stuck to the one camera one lens pretty religiously. I go away for a couple of days so will shoot a fair bit when away. So far, I'm loving it.

Old 01-01-2009   #130
ferider

FWIW, and for people interested in further 35/1.4 Nokton S.C. shots, here are my keepers:

http://ferider.smugmug.com/gallery/6975748_dgkhB

Here is a flavor:

I'll wait a little before posting my three favorites in the gallery. Suggestions are welcome !

That was fun, thanks Keith ! I admit, though, that I am looking forward to using some other lenses again

Happy new year all !

Roland.

Last edited by ferider : 01-01-2009 at 10:42.

Old 01-01-2009   #131
Bingley

Apart from finishing up a roll of color film in my Canon P on some family holiday shots, I pretty much stuck w/ the one camera/one lens challenge. It gave me a good excuse to get to know the 40/2 Rokkor-M that I got from Joe, and get experience using it on the M2. That said, I'm looking forward to shooting w/ other lenses now, particularly 35.

I'll post my three photos early next week. Nice shot, Roland, and I like the photos on your smugmug site, although that guy seems a little sketch....

FS: Zeiss-ZM Planar 50 plus hood, Pentax MX, Voigtlander Ultron 40/2.0 SLII in Pentax K-mount, Takumar 100/2.8 and 35/3.5 lenses: See my ads in Classifieds

M3, M2, R2A, IIIc, IVSB2, & T, and assorted LTM & M lenses
Minolta XD11, Pentax ME Super, and assorted MD Rokkor and Takumar lenses, Rolleicord III, Rolleicord Vb, Rolleiflex Automat MX-EVS

My Flickr
My Gallery

Old 01-01-2009   #132
MickH

If I get 3 pix worth posting I'll be very surprised. I think I got a good 'un last night. We shall see how it comes back from the lab.

Old 01-06-2009   #133
formal

Santa brought me a Summarit 2.5/35mm, but I didn't get much time to take photographs. I have posted some pictures I took on Christmas day.

Regards,
David

Old 01-06-2009   #134
johannielscom
Ich bin ein Barnacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tightsqueez View Post
... I'm back from Iraq.

Cheers!

Hi tightsqueez, OT post: I extensively read your posts about bringing an M7 kit to Iraq (that thread was yours, right?) and am very keen on seeing how your M7 held up.

In the post the most horrific scenarios on the M7 in desert sand were launched, I'd like to see if any if it was true. Fancy posting some shots and stories?

I write vintage gear reviews on www.johanniels.com |

flickr | instagram |

Old 01-07-2009   #135
Murray Kelly

The tap water is 30degC and I can't go thru the mental gymnastics of calculating HC-110 times - I've not used it at all yet, so will mix up a batch of diafine. Fingers crossed.

Murray
Brisbane

Old 01-07-2009   #136
Keith
On leave from Gallifrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murray Kelly View Post
The tap water is 30degC and I can't go thru the mental gymnastics of calculating HC-110 times - I've not used it at all yet, so will mix up a batch of diafine. Fingers crossed.

Murray
Brisbane

I have a dedicated darkroom fridge specifically to deal with this problem here in Brisbane and bring everything back to twenty degrees. It's a PITA here in summer!

M7 vs. Model A
Old 01-12-2009   #137
tightsqueez

M7 vs. Model A

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLE-RF View Post
Hi tightsqueez, OT post: I extensively read your posts about bringing an M7 kit to Iraq (that thread was yours, right?) and am very keen on seeing how your M7 held up.

In the post the most horrific scenarios on the M7 in desert sand were launched, I'd like to see if any if it was true. Fancy posting some shots and stories?
I sent you an email, possibly two. Never considered myself 'trigger happy' but I can deal with it only affecting the process of sending email.

The 'Model A' which I was to use for this challenge took a *** on that happening, so I never got around to sticking with 'one camera-one lens' deal. Couldn't get old grandpa(1A) to do sprints with me! Oh well, we'll get him back and running.

Cheers!

Iraq & Afghanistan https://www.flickr.com/photos/703557...7645044968305/

GRAVIORA MANENT ERGO BIBAMUS

Old 01-13-2009   #138
Rogrund
Antti Sivén

Another bump. Time is running out...

My new RFF Gallery
My flickr

Old 01-13-2009   #139
rbiemer
Unabashed Amateur

Well, my processed film didn't show in today's mail so I guess I'm not participating after all. Nuts.
Rob

You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
--Mark Twain

Old 01-13-2009   #140
Michael Da Re

Is the deadline tonight at midnight or tomorrow at midnight? If it's tomorrow then maybe the mail will be kind to me. If not then I guess maybe next time.