Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Classic Film RangeFinders & Other Classics > 120 / 220 film RF's

120 / 220 film RF's 120 / 220 format rangefinders including Fuji, Koni-Omega, Mamiya Press, Linhof 6x7/6x9 cameras, Mamiya 6/7 among others, but excluding the 120 folders and the Voigtlander 667 cameras that have their own forums.

'Blads are getting cheaper too!
Old 10-10-2005   #1
Rob
rangefinder camera magnet

'Blads are getting cheaper too!

Locally I found a 500cm with prism, 3 backs, 80mm lens, 150mm lens and bellows lens shade for $850. These were totally out of reach of most non pro folks a few years ago. Talked to my local used camera dealer who sells a lot of used blad gear said most have converted over to the full frame canon dslr. Seems its cheaper to buy it and it has more MPixels than the $10,000 Hassy digital back...
I have to wonder how many cameras hassy sells now..Seems like they could come up with a better back cheaper and could keep their old users from switching.
Rob

Old 10-10-2005   #2
Gabriel M.A.
My Red Dot Glows For You

Yeah, tell me about it. My precious sold on ePrey for $900: supermint 80mm CB, 500 c/m, two C12 backs, Beattie screen, Kiev metered prism, Hasselblad waistlevel finder, strap... I think I could put it all back together for just under that, if I'm very patient, but Fall isn't!

Fellow RFF member: I respect your bandwidth by not posting images larger than 800px on the longest side, and by removing image in a quote.
Together we can combat bandwidth waste (and image scrolling).

My Flickr | (one of) My Portfolio

Old 10-10-2005   #3
hoot
green behind the ears

The Kiev 60 will get you the same size negative as a Hassy, at a much lower price. The lenses are superb, too. If anyone's interested, I am selling a kit composed of minty Kiev 60 with mirror lockup, waistlevel finder and TTL prism, 80mm lens, 150mm lens (both excellent Zeiss copies by KMZ), UV, yellow-green and orange filters to fit the 80mm lens, Kiev camera bag, Kiev lens bag for the 150mm, camera strap and original cardboard box. $450 including worldwide shipping.

my photos on RFF
my website

Old 10-10-2005   #4
Todd.Hanz

My blad with handgrip is similar in size to the mega-DSLR's.

Why buy a digi-back... just get the negs scanned at a high-res. and save the money for lenses.

Todd

Old 10-10-2005   #5
taffer
void

Eh Kris ! Are you reading ?

scan or get a back?
Old 10-10-2005   #6
sf

scan or get a back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd.Hanz
My blad with handgrip is similar in size to the mega-DSLR's.

Why buy a digi-back... just get the negs scanned at a high-res. and save the money for lenses.

Todd

I wish that were logical, but it turns out that in a year, I'd have spent enough to buy a 22 megapixel digital back. Easily. To have my MF film scanned at a resolution that will provide useful images, it costs about 50 dollars PER FRAME. $200 for the best scan. It is robbery. Here in LA, I suppose they figure that they'll just pressure everyone into digital.

Old 10-10-2005   #7
eric
[was]: emaquiling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob
Locally I found a 500cm with prism, 3 backs, 80mm lens, 150mm lens and bellows lens shade for $850.
Rob
There are only 2 or 3 blad things I want and they are the most (still) expensive. The SWC and the 40mm. Also, I wouldn't mind the Flexbody. When are recent A12 backs going to be like 100 bucks or so? Above is a pretty good deal though. But you'll probably need an Acute Matte screen which will be at least an extra sawbuck for used or about 2 sawbucks and a half new. But still, 1g for a body/lenses/backs is a really good deal.

Old 10-10-2005   #8
Rob
rangefinder camera magnet

Yup, way to expensive for frame scanning. We are not talking about Walmart scans.

Old 10-10-2005   #9
rover

I am planning on doing a little 'blad shopping in a month or so. I want a CF 50mm lens, and need a new WL finder. as mine went screwy this morning.

Prices are looking good for this stuff, that is sooooo great!!!! (as long as you aren't selling)

Millennium M6TTL with Voigtlander 35/1.2 Nokton

rover's world at flickr

Old 10-10-2005   #10
DougK
This space left blank

I've thought about getting into a medium format SLR outfit (I have enough other MF gear, might as well have one of those too) but the scanning isn't feasible for me at this point, way too expensive to have someone do it. Maybe Santa will leave a new scanner w/ MF adapter under my tree this year.

Old 10-10-2005   #11
rover

One other note, the Hassy prices on Ebay really aren't that much lower than those at KEH. If you are considering one it may be worth an extra $100 or so to buy from a reputable dealer like KEH rather than take a chance on ebay.

I don't think this is true of all types of cameras, I think KEH Leica prices are on the high side, but my guess is that they price based on how things move, and the MF stuff seems to have a higher supply than demand right now.

Millennium M6TTL with Voigtlander 35/1.2 Nokton

rover's world at flickr