Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Classic Film RangeFinders & Other Classics > Yashica RF

Yashica RF For all Yashica Rangefinder cameras, whether fixed lens or classic Leica Screw Mount !

Mark Hama for Yashica repairs
Old 12-07-2005   #1
fraley
Beware of Claws

Mark Hama for Yashica repairs

Just wanted to say Mark Hama did a very professional job repairing a Lynx 5000e for me. Quick turn-around time, easy communication and payment arrangements. I got back a smoothly operating camera. He threw in a few extras too, like fresh batteries and lens cap. He's a familiar name to many here, I just wanted to say I wasn't disappointed.

Poem-O-Rama

Old 12-07-2005   #2
l.mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by fraley
Just wanted to say Mark Hama did a very professional job repairing a Lynx 5000e for me. Quick turn-around time, easy communication and payment arrangements. I got back a smoothly operating camera. He threw in a few extras too, like fresh batteries and lens cap. He's a familiar name to many here, I just wanted to say I wasn't disappointed.
I'd definitely agree --- he restored the IC meter in my Lynx 14e which had been deemed too water-damaged to be repairable. The only other thing I'd recommend for Lynx owners would be to pick up one of those Yashica Guy battery adaptors --- much, much cheaper than even one set of the new monster PX-batteries for these things (and seems to last longer, as well)!

Old 12-07-2005   #3
Frank Granovski

I certainly agree about Mark Hama. In fact, if any of my cameras need repair, I will send it to him.

Old 12-08-2005   #4
Austintatious

It is great to know that we have this resource available if needed. As far as a battery, the Y-Guy shows an adapter for the 14e, however I did not see a listing for the 14. I think it has a different type of battery. Anyone seen a converter for the 14 out there ?
Thanks a lot !

Austintatious

Old 12-08-2005   #5
Flinor

I run my 14 with s76 silver batteries in a Cris MR-9 adaptor and it works very well. I've used it in a lot of cameras that originally took the PX13 or PX625 batteries with never a problem.

I also second all the comments about Mark Hama. I got his name off of the Yashica website many years ago and he has never failed me. At one time I had at least one example of every leaf shutter camera that Yashica made and Mark was the best.

Happiness is a CLE with a collapsible Summicron, loaded with Scala.

Old 12-08-2005   #6
raid
Dad Photographer

Mark did a excellent job repairing my Rolleiflex 2.8D TLR. He overhauled the shutter and adjusted the focusing. Now I am back to getting super sharp photos with the TLR. I highly recoomend Mark Hama. I called him, left him a message, and he called me the next day (on a Sunday). We chatted for quite some time, and I never even asked him for an estimate.

http://www.rangefinderforum.com/rffg...n.php?cid=7007

http://raid.smugmug.com/

Old 12-09-2005   #7
Austintatious

Thanks Gerry,

Where can I find myself a Cris MR-9 adaptor for sale ?

Charles

Old 12-09-2005   #8
Rob
rangefinder camera magnet

Mark Hama is local to me and has a very good reputation. I bought 2 cameras that were overhauled by him and they were great.

Old 12-09-2005   #9
Flinor

Where can I find myself a Cris MR-9 adaptor for sale ?

Charles

WWW.criscam,com. If I remember correctly they're about $30. When I had all those Yashicas sometimes I was using a $30 adaptor to run a $20 camera.

Happiness is a CLE with a collapsible Summicron, loaded with Scala.