Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Rangefinder Forum > Rangefinder Photography Discussion

Rangefinder Photography Discussion General discussions about Rangefinder Photography. This is a great place for questions and answers that are not addressed in a specific category. Take note there is also a General Photography forum.

Yashica 5000e lens same as GSN?
Old 06-26-2005   #1
Rob
rangefinder camera magnet

Yashica 5000e lens same as GSN?

I played with a 5000e today and really liked the crisp shutter button. No lag here like the GSN's I have had before. I know the GSN lens was excellent how about the lens on the 5000e?

Old 06-27-2005   #2
john neal
fallor ergo sum

Rob,

I have a 5000e and the lens looks to be the same as the one on my Electro Professional (Yashinon DX), so an earlier version of the lens used on the GSN - I would say it is every bit as good, but possibly slightly more prone to flare due to the different coating on the later lenses - but it will be very slight.

Regards
John

John