Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Rangefinder Forum > Rangefinder Photography Discussion

Rangefinder Photography Discussion General discussions about Rangefinder Photography. This is a great place for questions and answers that are not addressed in a specific category. Take note there is also a General Photography forum.

Kodak 100 UC
Old 07-05-2005   #1
Nikon Bob
camera hunter & gatherer

Kodak 100 UC

I would just like to give Kodak a pat on the back for this film. Having been a confirmed Fuji and Konica Impressa 50 print film user, I had the opportunity to try this film while looking for a replacement for the discontinuded Impressa 50. All I can say is it scans well for me, the colous appear good, grain is low and prints a very nice 8X10 in. from my HP printer. Now if they would only stop changing the film names every time I turn around. I have included a photo to try and illustrate this film if it is possible to do on the web.

Old 07-05-2005   #2
Doug

Has a lot of punch, Bob; looks good!

Old 07-06-2005   #3
GeneW

Rich colours, and a very nice shot, Bob!

Gene

Old 07-07-2005   #4
pvdhaar
Zoom with your feet!

With Agfa Vista disappearing from the shelves, I'm looking for a film that gives very saturated colours when I need them. I've never been a Kodak type of person, but must confess that I've found Kodak Ultra 400 to be quite good for this, and I may well try the 100 UC for low speed. I'm especially interested in the reds and blues..

I'll stick to Fuji NPH and Reala for muted colours though..

Peter

My Hexländer Gallery

Old 07-08-2005   #5
aizan

portra 160 and 400 nc are also great for muted colors.

Old 07-08-2005   #6
rbiemer
Unabashed Amateur

I don't shoot a lot of color but when I do Kodak 400UC is my preferred choice. I'll check out the 100 next time.
Like the photo Nikon Bob!
Rob

You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
--Mark Twain

Old 07-08-2005   #7
Rob
rangefinder camera magnet

I have the 400UC I am trying, I cant find 100UC locally, heck I cant find 100 anything locally.
Nice shot Bob.

Old 07-08-2005   #8
Fedzilla_Bob
man with cat

100 asa film doesn't appear much around here either. I see that Adorama carries 100uc.
I'm a goin fishing, yes I'm goin fishing
and my Baby goin fishing, too

Taj Mahall

My Gallery

Old 07-08-2005   #9
wlewisiii
StayAtHome Dad & Photog

I just can't get into the high color films. This is nice as far as that goes, but my all around favorite color film is Fuji Reala. I just prefer the way the world looks in it.

William

Playing and learning daily with: 4x5 Crown Graphic, Leica IIIf w/ 50/2 Summitar, Nikon F2 Photomic w/ 50/1.4 & Olympus E-PL1.

"Some people are 'the glass is half full' types. Some people are 'the glass is half empty' types. I'm a 'the glass is full of radioactive waste and I just drank half of it' type. And I'm still thirsty." -- Bill Mattocks

Old 07-08-2005   #10
Nikon Bob
camera hunter & gatherer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlewisiii
I just can't get into the high color films. This is nice as far as that goes, but my all around favorite color film is Fuji Reala. I just prefer the way the world looks in it.

William
That is why I posted on the UC 100. Some like saturated and others don't but it is nice to know what is out there if you need it. I definitely was not suggesting that this was the best or only film to use. Pumped colours with this subject is good I think while muting them would just dull the photo. Yeah Reala has it's uses and is good film.

Bob

Old 07-08-2005   #11
wlewisiii
StayAtHome Dad & Photog

Sorry, I didn't mean to come across like that. I appreciate hearing about it and seeing your sample does make it clear that it's a good film for that purpose. As a result, I'll keep it in mind when I do need that style of film and that's important for me because since I don't normally use that style, it's helpful to know which ones are good when I do want/need to.

So thank you, Bob.

William

Playing and learning daily with: 4x5 Crown Graphic, Leica IIIf w/ 50/2 Summitar, Nikon F2 Photomic w/ 50/1.4 & Olympus E-PL1.

"Some people are 'the glass is half full' types. Some people are 'the glass is half empty' types. I'm a 'the glass is full of radioactive waste and I just drank half of it' type. And I'm still thirsty." -- Bill Mattocks

Old 07-08-2005   #12
Nikon Bob
camera hunter & gatherer

William

Maybe I misunderstood also, but I meant different tools for different jobs according to one's own tastes. I see on that we agree.

Bob