Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Rangefinder Forum > Rangefinder Photography Discussion

Rangefinder Photography Discussion General discussions about Rangefinder Photography. This is a great place for questions and answers that are not addressed in a specific category. Take note there is also a General Photography forum.

OT: Hip bags
Old 07-06-2005   #1
captainslack
Five Goats Hunter

Question OT: Hip bags

While I duly love my Leica bag, I'm starting to develop some sore back issues and finding the need for a hip bag to carry my gear in. (No, I'm not planning on selling the Leica bag.). Anyone here have any recommendations on a good, lightweight model?

Old 07-06-2005   #2
Nikon Bob
camera hunter & gatherer

If you are talking of fanny packs Lowepro has nice models like the Mini Orion which should be good for a body with lens and two other lenses. I have always preferred this type of bag to a shoulder bag. I use the Mini Orion and like it very much, especially for travell. Check here http://www.lowepro.com/Products/Belt...rion_Mini.aspx.

Bob

Old 07-06-2005   #3
Marc Jutras
Exploring darkness

I have the LowePro Photo Runner and I love it. I carry my R2 with 35/1.7 mounted, plus the 75/2.5, 15/4.5, Vivitar 283, up to 6 rolls and a Minolta Auto Meter IV in the front pocket with 4 extras AA's. It can also turn into a nice shoulder bag. It's the best small bag I've had so far.

http://lowepro.com/Products/Beltpack...to_Runner.aspx

Home to a Bessa R2 with CV 15/4.5, 35/1.7 and 75/2.5.

Old 07-07-2005   #4
Heath
Classic Camera Collector

I also have the LowePro Orion Mini. I originally bought it to carry my 300D but found it a bit small for that. I think I will end up using it for one of my RFer's, probably the Commando (MF folding RFer). This bag is great. It is very light, well padded and very comfortable to wear due to the wide waist straps. The quality and workmanship is top notch. PLus it is not too badly priced.

Heath

Collector and avid user of classic and vintage cameras: Yashica Electro 35 GSN, Zorki-4, Neoka 35 IVS, Mamiya 35S2, Voigtlander Vito CLR, Ricoh 500GX, Minolta A5, Ensign Commando MF Rangefinder. PLus an assortment of MF, Zone Focus and SLR cameras.

Old 07-07-2005   #5
Rob
rangefinder camera magnet

For my EOS gear I used to have the Orion AW and used both the shoulder strap and waist strap to help carry it. That is overkill for an RF. I just sold my Tamrac Explorer 2 here and I used it a lot with both the waist strap and shoulder strap, especially hiking. I did like the way that when I stopped for shooting I could whip it around on its waist belt and access anythng in it without having to set it on the ground ever...A smaller similar bag would work well for you.

Old 07-07-2005   #6
Honu-Hugger

I've been using a "Naviti" model waist pack from Ultimate direction; it is not photo specific but works very well for carrying cameras and gear. It also carries two water bottles (or Gin and Tonic ).