Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Classic Film RangeFinders & Other Classics > 120 / 220 film RF's

120 / 220 film RF's 120 / 220 format rangefinders including Fuji, Koni-Omega, Mamiya Press, Linhof 6x7/6x9 cameras, Mamiya 6/7 among others, but excluding the 120 folders and the Voigtlander 667 cameras that have their own forums.

Yashica Rookie - need the manual
Old 07-26-2005   #1
doraemon001

Yashica Rookie - need the manual

Hi all,

I just bought a Yashica Rookie. It seems everyting works well.
But the problem is I am not sure how to operate the camera.
Especially how to load the film.
Does anyone know where to find/download the instruction manual?

Regards.

Old 07-26-2005   #2
CleverName

I've never heard of the Rookie. My internet search turned up one hit, and they only mentioned it in passing. Could you post some photos of this camera?

Old 07-26-2005   #3
Rob
rangefinder camera magnet

Go to google and type Yashica Rookie and click on images. Theres a couple pictures there. Never seen one before, its a TLR...

Old 07-26-2005   #4
wlewisiii
StayAtHome Dad & Photog

Here's a translated Japanese page of a owner/user of the Rookie:

http://translate.google.com/translat...ari%26rls%3Den

William

Playing and learning daily with: 4x5 Crown Graphic, Leica IIIf w/ 50/2 Summitar, Nikon F2 Photomic w/ 50/1.4 & Olympus E-PL1.

"Some people are 'the glass is half full' types. Some people are 'the glass is half empty' types. I'm a 'the glass is full of radioactive waste and I just drank half of it' type. And I'm still thirsty." -- Bill Mattocks

Old 07-26-2005   #5
doraemon001

I heard this camera is hard to find, but not sure.
I attached the picture below :

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/6...arookie3pj.jpg

It will be my first time to use TLR, anyone can explain how to load the film?

Thx and regards

Old 07-27-2005   #6
wlewisiii
StayAtHome Dad & Photog

Well, bearing in mind that I have never seen this model, I'd be willing to bet it is very similar to other Yashica TLR's. You can get the manual for the 124G here http://www.lumieresenboite.com/colle...hica_Mat_124_G While there will be some differences, it should be close enough to get you going.

Hope this helps,

William

Playing and learning daily with: 4x5 Crown Graphic, Leica IIIf w/ 50/2 Summitar, Nikon F2 Photomic w/ 50/1.4 & Olympus E-PL1.

"Some people are 'the glass is half full' types. Some people are 'the glass is half empty' types. I'm a 'the glass is full of radioactive waste and I just drank half of it' type. And I'm still thirsty." -- Bill Mattocks

Old 07-27-2005   #7
pshinkaw
Trying to get it right

Yashica tried to reach different markets by giving their products different names without actually changing features. This may have been an attempt like that. It looks a lot like a Yashica C or D model, before the crank advance was introduced. The loading instructions for any of them should work. You might also try one of the generic Yashica TLR books like Tydings or Focal Press.

-Paul

Old 07-27-2005   #8
Heath
Classic Camera Collector

I have a Yashica A TLR and the Rookie looks almost identical. I think if you find the manual for the A it should get you in the ball-park of how to use it.

My first use of a TLR was my Yashica A and I found it very easy to use and produced some great images.

Heath

Collector and avid user of classic and vintage cameras: Yashica Electro 35 GSN, Zorki-4, Neoka 35 IVS, Mamiya 35S2, Voigtlander Vito CLR, Ricoh 500GX, Minolta A5, Ensign Commando MF Rangefinder. PLus an assortment of MF, Zone Focus and SLR cameras.

Old 07-28-2005   #9
doraemon001

Thanks everyone,

I will check if the manual for 124G will work.
Sorry, it's really first time for me to have TLR.

Thx and regards.