Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Rangefinder Forum > Photography General Interest

Photography General Interest Neat Photo stuff NOT particularly about Rangefinders.

Old 08-13-2017   #7361
seany65

I bought two Gossen Trisixes. The first:

Needs to have the flm speed set two stops over the actual speed, but it is consitent.

The second:

Works at the nominal film speed, but I think someone has fiddled with it in the past, as some of the little metal strips on the incident cover weren't in the right place.

Both have film speed dials that are quite hard to turn but they are much easier than the one on my Gossen Sixtry.

Old 08-14-2017   #7362
Talus
pan sin sal

Two 100' rolls of Ilford Delta, a bottle of Ilfotec HC and fixer and some other goodies. I move back to Honduras on Friday and apparently it's hard to get any developing chemicals.

Old 08-15-2017   #7363
Kent
Finally at home...

Meyer-Optik Görlitz Trioplan 3.5/45
Schneider-Kreuznach Radionar L 2.8/45
Carl Zeiss Jena Tessar 2.8/50
Schneider-Kreuznach Tele-Xenar 3.5/135

all adapted to Sony E-mount
Main Lenses: Leica, Nikkor, Voigtländer, Meyer, Fuji, Sigma, Pentax, Tamron, Rokkor etc.
Click me...

Old 08-15-2017   #7364
mich rassena

I just bought a No.3 Brownie camera model B in rough shape for $6. I'm happy to have one of these that's not in great condition so that I can take it apart and mess with it without worrying about ruining something nice. The best thing about the camera is the tripod mount. I may spool up some Ilford paper and run it through the camera and take some photos with the time setting.

Old 08-15-2017   #7365
Erik van Straten

Today I was at my repairman. He dismantled my recently aquired Summicron 50mm v4 in chrome. The lens head screws off just like on the Summicron Rigid 50mm and the earliest versions of the Summilux 50mm I and II. This is a great advantage when the lens needs service.

My lens is 24 years old, but looks like new. However, the lubricant was dried out, so my repairman removed it all and replaced it with the grease that Leica uses for the helical mount of their R-line of lenses. The result is amazing. All play is gone. The lens focuses now very smooth with just the right amount of resistance. The lens is now completely like new.

Erik.

Old 08-15-2017   #7366
webOSUser

A Zorki 1 from David Newton here on RFF.

It is one of the 'Zorki-Zorki' with both Russian and English on the top. I am enjoying learning how to use the camera.

Steve

Old 08-15-2017   #7367
cary

Leicaflex SL MOT and a 50mm Summicron. I have wanted a Leicaflex for many years.

Old 08-15-2017   #7368
css9450

I picked up a 127 processing reel, from Ebay. Bet those aren't big sellers anymore.

Old 08-15-2017   #7369
Deardorff38

a beautiful nikkor sc 50 1.4 fo my black f w pentaprism...smooth as silk

Old 08-15-2017   #7370
Huss

Agfa Optima 1535 Sensor, and for size comparison next to a CLE w/ 40mm lens (the Agfa is also a 40), and the mighty M5. Funny to think these are all 35mm rangefinder cameras.

IMG_2138 by desmolicious, on Flickr
IMG_2139 by desmolicious, on Flickr
IMG_2140 by desmolicious, on Flickr

I hope this baby works...

Old 08-17-2017   #7371
Talus
pan sin sal

Nice 50 Erik. I recently got the same lens in black off eBay for a steal, and it's flawless. I've been using it to compliment my 35 Lux ASPH.

Here she is sporting that 50 with my newest purchase: Tom A Rapidwinder. First time with one of these and it feels nice.

Old 08-17-2017   #7372
p.giannakis

Traded in a Pentax K1000 for £50 and paid the rest

Old 08-17-2017   #7373
Huss

Quote:
Originally Posted by p.giannakis View Post
Traded in a Pentax K1000 for £50 and paid the rest

Let me guess, you got the Pentax for 50 p at a car boot sale?

Old 08-17-2017   #7374
Chris101
summicronia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik van Straten View Post
Today I was at my repairman. He dismantled my recently aquired Summicron 50mm v4 in chrome. The lens head screws off just like on the Summicron Rigid 50mm and the earliest versions of the Summilux 50mm I and II. This is a great advantage when the lens needs service.

My lens is 24 years old, but looks like new. However, the lubricant was dried out, so my repairman removed it all and replaced it with the grease that Leica uses for the helical mount of their R-line of lenses. The result is amazing. All play is gone. The lens focuses now very smooth with just the right amount of resistance. The lens is now completely like new.

Erik.

Hi Erik, I'm glad you got your lens refurbed! The type 4 is, in my opinion, the best 50mm lens of all time. It's the perfect mixture of optical precision and personal character. If you look at my avatar, you will see my cartoon version of that very lens.

Old 08-17-2017   #7375
p.giannakis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huss View Post
Let me guess, you got the Pentax for 50 p at a car boot sale?
Possibly , see post #7332 - it was part of a deal i struck.
I kept the Sigma thought.

Old 08-18-2017   #7376
AlexBG

Got an Olympus OM1 in black and kit lens today from a second hand shop for £25. Needs a clean but apart from that all is good.

Old 08-18-2017   #7377
YouAreHere

A second corrective diopter for the CLE. In case I lose the first one. Or buy a backup camera.

Old 08-18-2017   #7378
Erik van Straten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris101 View Post
Hi Erik, I'm glad you got your lens refurbed! The type 4 is, in my opinion, the best 50mm lens of all time. It's the perfect mixture of optical precision and personal character. If you look at my avatar, you will see my cartoon version of that very lens.
Thank you, Chris. I very much like the tab. It is plastic, but my repairman has some new ones for when it breaks. I use the small shade from the Elmar-M 50mm f/2.8.

Focusing this lens is much faster than the Rigid.

The female focusing part is however made of aluminium. When this part was brass, the lens would be heavier than the Rigid.

People should choose this lens instead of the Summarit 50mm f/2.5. Compared to this Summicron the Summarit is a toy.

Erik.

Old 08-18-2017   #7379
Daryl J.

Larry's Yashica D listed below.

I'm very excited for its arrival and subsequent use.

Old 08-18-2017   #7380
roscoetuff

So don't think I've posted here before. Guess it's either a sort of true confessions page or bit brag... or both. This is the year that my digital camera became a "Digital Scanner" and sits mostly atop a copystand as I "returned to film". BIG time.

Let me be clear that there is absolutely nothing wrong with digital... clearly... it's just that I've been finding the creation of film negatives a lot more fun, and forcing a process that seems to require me to learn more and make better images. So the digital sell-off offered some additional funds, but for the most part, I'm shooting about 95% film now. Other funds came from selling of a collection of model trains... sad to see them go, too.

I bought 2 Leica M bodies an M4-2 which I've used the most, and an M6 for the meter. These are my main shooters. I have a Contax S2 to fill an SLR need and use Zeiss CY lenses acquired years ago for digital. I also picked up a Bronica SQ-A for medium format that pushes for an e-v-e-n slower and more self-conscious devotion.

Shooting film has forced me to learn more and more about photography... and become a better digital shooter as well. Call me Mr. Manual.... drinkin' from a fire hose and making every mistake in the book. But slowly, I think it's paying dividends!

Without this site and these forums? None of this would have happened. Thank you!

"Go out looking for one thing, and that's all you'll ever find." Robert J. Flaherty, Cinematographer
"If a day goes by without my doing something related to photography, it's as though I've neglected something essential to my existence, as though I had forgotten to wake up." Richard Avedon, Photographer

Old 08-18-2017   #7381
Red Rock Bill

Epson 3880 refurb..be here Monday.....my 3800 has been an outstanding machine....this will sit on a shelf unopened for awhile ,until I finish up some projects with the 3800...then one for glossy and the other for matt......giving my 1400 and 1430 to a couple of students...I'm a firm believer in helping young people ,especially students..regards,Bill

Old 08-18-2017   #7382
jszokoli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Rock Bill View Post
Epson 3880 refurb..be here Monday.....my 3800 has been an outstanding machine....this will sit on a shelf unopened for awhile ,until I finish up some projects with the 3800...then one for glossy and the other for matt......giving my 1400 and 1430 to a couple of students...I'm a firm believer in helping young people ,especially students..regards,Bill
Bill,

Be careful, I too picked up a refurbished 3880 and left it unopened for months. That was not a good idea. The refurb units are NOT packed like new units and somewhere along the way mine was dropped. There were a few broken 'tabs', none essential, but tons of stuff was dislocated, and if I did not have a identical printer sitting next to it to compare I don't think I would have gotten everything back in place. But even with that mishap after my repairs the 3880 works like a champ.

Joe

Old 08-20-2017   #7383
shawn

3D printer that has been handy in printing out odd sized lens caps or m39 rear caps among many other things.

The Contax came with a Jena 5cm f2 but I already had the 1.5 to put on it. Shutter seems to be working at all speeds but I haven't put film through it yet.

I have film in the Leotax now. Fun camera to shoot. I forgot how much I liked dual viewfinders (Kodak Medalist) as an easier way to focus, at least for static objects. It is my first screw mount RF camera.

Shawn

Old 08-20-2017   #7384
ChrisPlatt
Thread Killer

Praktica BMS with 50/1.8 lens from Germany

Chris

Old 08-20-2017   #7385
raid
Dad Photographer

I bought a Nikon lens to Leica camera adapter for my borrowed M240. With Live View, I could use some old Nikkor lenses on the M 240.

http://www.rangefinderforum.com/rffg...n.php?cid=7007

http://raid.smugmug.com/

Old 08-20-2017   #7386
raid
Dad Photographer

I bought a Nikon lens to Leica camera adapter for my borrowed M240. With Live View, I could use some old Nikkor lenses on the M 240.

Old 08-20-2017   #7387
forceusr

Leica M Type 240
Zeiss Biogon T* ZM 35/2
Voigtländer 15/4.5 II ASPH
Crumpler Four Million Dollar Home bag

The wife has asked that I tighten the purse strings, lol.

Old 08-20-2017   #7388
p.giannakis

Quote:
Originally Posted by forceusr View Post
The wife has asked that I tighten the purse strings, lol.
My wife asked me the same but for me having spent £30 this month for camera gear.

Old 08-21-2017   #7389
MISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik van Straten View Post

Erik.

Eric who do you get your lenses serviced by (I have several that need to have this done)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 08-22-2017   #7390
zwicko

This.

Old 08-26-2017   #7391
Brian Legge

I've been in the middle of a big sell-off the last few weeks. The computer/photography room is becoming a guest room so I need to trim down the gear quite a bit.

Just after the first round of sales completed, a CLA'd M6TTL .58 in very good condition showed up on Ebay for for $1,200. That happened to be the exact amount in my account from the sales so I snagged it.

I've been wanting to try a .58 finder camera since I started wearing glasses a few years ago. Today will be my first time out using it, but I'm really happy with it so far. Its nice being able to keep my glasses on and see the 35mm framelines. Assuming all goes well, it'll enable me to sell another couple pieces to continue the gear reduction.

Old 08-26-2017   #7392
G Dogg

Two Leica CL s -50 Jahre, new old stock

Old 08-26-2017   #7393
seany65

I bought a metal Actina 30mm push on lens hood for my Ansco Super Regent.

It was a bit loose so I did the 'slight bending of the small tabs' thing. I couldn't get it tight enough for the yellow-green filter, it was too tight for the Green filter and just right for the Yellow filter. I'm looking for an Orange filter as well so I knew I'd have trouble fitting the hood onto that one.

I decided to test the metal B+W lens hood that I'd put with my Agfa Super Solinette and it works with all 3 filters, so I decided to use the B+W hood with the Ansco and the Actina with the Agfa as that camera only has a UV filter 'cos I'm only going to do colour with it.

Old 08-26-2017   #7394
Baby of Macon

Just traded my D4 for a D850. No camera yet but deal done. Decided to get in early before my friendly local camera shop gets flooded with D810s.

Old 08-26-2017   #7395
raid
Dad Photographer

I bought a 55mm lens hood for my 7artisans 50/1.1.

Old 08-31-2017   #7396
shawn

Konishiroku Hexar 50mm f3.5 LTM lens.

Collapsed it protrudes much less than an Industar-22. It will collapse fully on a Fuji with LTM adapter. The infinity lock is still usable mounted on the Fuji too, on the I22 you can't unlock it when mounted.

Compared to the I22 it is heavier build, the aperture is much easier to use (with click stops and on on the lens twice so it is always visible from the top no matter how you extend or focus the lens) and from a few test shots on my X Pro 2 it is considerably sharper than the I22 and with more contrast. Downside is the lens will extend on its own and wobbles a bit more while extending it.

Shawn

Old 08-31-2017   #7397
MikeMGB

A Speed Graphic and a pack of HP5 4x5 film.

Old 09-01-2017   #7398
creenus

Bought Tom Abrahamsson Rapidwinders for my M2 and for my M6. Also bought a pair of Tom memorial Softies, one to match each camera with a Rapidwinder.

[IMG][/IMG]

Rapidwinder for my M2

and another for my M6:

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 09-01-2017   #7399
Kent
Finally at home...

Quote:
Originally Posted by raid View Post
I bought a 55mm lens hood for my 7artisans 50/1.1.
So did I, Raid.
Main Lenses: Leica, Nikkor, Voigtländer, Meyer, Fuji, Sigma, Pentax, Tamron, Rokkor etc.
Click me...

Old 09-01-2017   #7400
Kent
Finally at home...

And a Tokina 3.5/17 (Nikon F mount) for my Df and my A7II.

And a Rodenstock 1.3/56 (delivery pending) to play around with...
Click me...