Old 01-16-2017   #161
ChrisPlatt
Thread Killer
 
ChrisPlatt's Avatar
 
ChrisPlatt is offline
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Queens NYC
Age: 56
Posts: 2,483
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisPlatt View Post
Kodak could call anything they want "Kodachrome", even an E-6 film...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faintandfuzzy View Post
Rather ridiculous comment.
How so? Please explain.

Chris
__________________
Bring back the latent image!
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2017   #162
dmr
Registered Abuser
 
dmr's Avatar
 
dmr is offline
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Somewhere in Middle America
Posts: 4,062
Didn't they first use the name Kodachrome to refer to a very primitive two-color process?
__________________
My (NEW) Gallery
My Blog
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2017   #163
brennanphotoguy
Registered User
 
brennanphotoguy's Avatar
 
brennanphotoguy is offline
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: NYC
Age: 27
Posts: 785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogarth Ferguson View Post
I thought the h2 was the last hasselblad to be able to accept film.
Nope, you can use the X bodies with film backs and they opened it up with the latest firmware in the regular H5 bodies to accept film backs as well.
__________________
M3 / IIIg / Rollei 3.5E3
www.instagram.com/brennan_mckissick
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2017   #164
SaveKodak
Registered User
 
SaveKodak is offline
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: New York City
Posts: 522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogarth Ferguson View Post
I thought the h2 was the last hasselblad to be able to accept film.
During the time of the H3 you needed an H2, when the H4 was out for a little while they released the H4x which could take film backs and Phase backs. Turns out the closed-system they were trying to create wasn't ready for prime time (though I would argue with their current backs users would have less of a reason to use Phase). There was later an H5x which has the same idea. Now with the H6 I have heard from a few unconfirmed sources that the cameras can accept film backs. They may drop the X designation for lack of need, but I'm not sure how it will play out. Having a 1/2000th of a second leaf shutter with some Portra 400 in bright sunlight would for me be quite a welcome shooting experience! Either way, yes, Hasselblad still 'sort of' makes a film camera. Just do yourself a favor and never look up the cost of a brand new film back.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2017   #165
CliveC
Registered User
 
CliveC is offline
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Toronto, Canada
Age: 35
Posts: 667
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisPlatt View Post
How so? Please explain.

Chris
I'm not the person who made that comment, but I don't think Kodak can get away with rebranding an E-6 film Kodachrome; not in the information age. Those who are still shooting film tend to know (or have read) what made Kodachrome special.

Even a new, non-E-6, reformulation of Kodachrome would probably get some negative reception unless it's 99% identical to the old Kodachrome and also have processing compatible with the expired Kodachrome in people's freezers.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-17-2017   #166
ChrisPlatt
Thread Killer
 
ChrisPlatt's Avatar
 
ChrisPlatt is offline
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Queens NYC
Age: 56
Posts: 2,483
Quote:
Originally Posted by CliveC View Post
I don't think Kodak can get away with rebranding an E-6 film Kodachrome
Purists might be offended, but if it looks like Kodachrome I will buy it even if it's E-6.
I honestly don't think it's realistic to think Kodak will bring back K-14 processing.

With regard to image permanence, the last Ektachrome films are nearly as archival as
Kodachrome in dark storage, and Ektachrome has always been superior in projection.

Chris
__________________
Bring back the latent image!
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-18-2017   #167
kiss-o-matic
Registered User
 
kiss-o-matic is offline
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chicago
Posts: 400
Would like to see more E6 kits that hold for a while before shooting a lot of E6. They are tricky to get in America, and wind up costing quite a bit to process. 10 rolls would be a very busy month for me, development wise. I can walk down the street and have them done for like $7-$8 a roll same day.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-28-2017   #168
JPSuisse
Registered User
 
JPSuisse's Avatar
 
JPSuisse is offline
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 418
Wow! I surfed in here the other week when I heard about the M10... But for me the real news is this!!!

Since the demise of my favorite stocks, I have simply not been able to find combinations I liked and haven't been snapping many pics lately.

Because of Kodak's milking to support other bad business ventures, trying out new Kodak films has been a no-go in my book. You just never knew why or when a Kodak product would get axed...

Think I'll try to shoot some TMAX 400 tomorrow. PLEASE Alaris be thoughtful and don't make knee jerk business decisions like Kodak. Be more like Ilford and show stability to your customer base. We need dependable partners... Not traveling salesmen-manager CEO's!

EDIT: And by the way don't rebrand some E6 film as Kodachrome. That would be the equivalent of calling me an idiot... I'm smart enough to know E6 is not K14...
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-28-2017   #169
nikonhswebmaster
Moderator NHS Forum
 
nikonhswebmaster's Avatar
 
nikonhswebmaster is offline
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by CliveC View Post
I'm not the person who made that comment, but I don't think Kodak can get away with rebranding an E-6 film Kodachrome; not in the information age. Those who are still shooting film tend to know (or have read) what made Kodachrome special.

Even a new, non-E-6, reformulation of Kodachrome would probably get some negative reception unless it's 99% identical to the old Kodachrome and also have processing compatible with the expired Kodachrome in people's freezers.
As long as the new Kodachrome is non-substantive it should be just as sharp as the original. (Kodachrome films did not incorporate dye couplers in the emulsion layers. Dye couplers were added during processing. This made the emulsion much thinner and results sharp.) Kodachrome is a brand name.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-28-2017   #170
JPSuisse
Registered User
 
JPSuisse's Avatar
 
JPSuisse is offline
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 418
Let's make it clear. Kodachrome is synonymous with K-12, K-14, etc. processes.

Selling it as anything else is deceptive. Doing so would be equivalent to a lie regardless of whether it is just a "brand" or not.

Doing this would be fitting in my opinion to the behavior Kodak has taken towards its film customers over the last 10 years.

This kind of attitude is why I switched all film purchases since the demise of Plus-X away from Kodak products.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-28-2017   #171
nikonhswebmaster
Moderator NHS Forum
 
nikonhswebmaster's Avatar
 
nikonhswebmaster is offline
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPSuisse View Post
Let's make it clear. Kodachrome is synonymous with K-12, K-14, etc. processes.

Selling it as anything else is deceptive. Doing so would be equivalent to a lie regardless of whether it is just a "brand" or not.

...
I buy products based on how they perform. Frankly I could care less about K processes. I am interested in the properties of the emulsion, which is why I never used Plus-X in any incarnation, never liked the results.

You probably will not be a Kodak customer, maybe I will again, maybe not.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-28-2017   #172
HHPhoto
Registered User
 
HHPhoto is offline
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,241
Hi,

Kodachrome will not come back!
In English:
https://petapixel.com/2017/01/27/kod...ve-kodachrome/

In German:
http://www.photoscala.de/2017/01/28/...schlagen-sich/

Cheers, Jan
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-28-2017   #173
brbo
Registered User
 
brbo's Avatar
 
brbo is offline
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,076
I couldn't care less what the new E-6 film is called (and we already know it will be called Ektachrome, btw). Ektachrome, Kodachrome or Kardashichrome? If it's good and the name helps Kodak sell it and keep it in production... that's all I care for.

I mean, really, do we have 42 different E-6 and K-14 emulsions to pick from so we have nothing else to worry about except branding?!
__________________

  Reply With Quote

Old 01-28-2017   #174
Rob-F
It's Only a Hobby
 
Rob-F's Avatar
 
Rob-F is offline
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: The Show Me state
Posts: 4,998
Quote:
Originally Posted by HHPhoto View Post
Hi,

Kodachrome will not come back!
In English:
https://petapixel.com/2017/01/27/kod...ve-kodachrome/

In German:
http://www.photoscala.de/2017/01/28/...schlagen-sich/

Cheers, Jan
No, it will not come back. Not as the actual Kodachrome process. But they could make an E6 film that comes as close as possible to the Kodachrome look. As to the name, I imagine it would be called something that suggests a Kodachrome heritage. Maybe K-Chrome or Kodakrome. As long as it comes in a yellow and red box, it will be close enough.

What would you like to call it?
__________________
May the light be with you.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-28-2017   #175
HHPhoto
Registered User
 
HHPhoto is offline
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,241
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob-F View Post
What would you like to call it?
A fake.
Because an E6 film with something like a "Kodachrome look" (which would probably very very difficult to achieve) is a fake.
It is simply not the real deal, not the original.
It would be a fake like all these crappy film simulation programmes in digital imaging.
Those few people who really want Kodachrome would not buy it, they want the real stuff.
So an E6 "Kodachrome" would be a financial disaster: Huge costs of R&D, and not enough customers in the end.

I really hope Kodak Alaris is not so stupid to do that.

Some people here forget that Kodachrome failed in the market long before the digital flood came. Kodachrome significantly lost market share already in the 80ies to E6, and during the 90ies most reversal film shooters switched to E6.
For very good reasons:
E6 films from the 90ies on have been better in all respects: More natural color rendition (or more saturated like Velvia), finer grain, higher resolution, better sharpness, much better color stability when exposed to light (on the lightbox and in projection), much faster turnaround with processing, local processing options and possibility of home processing, cheaper.

The best Eastman Kodak and Kodak Alaris now can do is to focus and concentrate on new Ektachrome(s).

Cheers, Jan
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-28-2017   #176
JPSuisse
Registered User
 
JPSuisse's Avatar
 
JPSuisse is offline
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 418
I basically agree with Jan. If Alaris starts to give some visibility and actually are committed to a successful film business, I will give the new Ektachrome a go.

And, Nikonwebmaster, I could also care less about the process itself. I happened to like Plus-X, you don't. That's fine. Don't buy it. Buy whatever YOU want.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-28-2017   #177
nikonhswebmaster
Moderator NHS Forum
 
nikonhswebmaster's Avatar
 
nikonhswebmaster is offline
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPSuisse View Post
I happened to like Plus-X, you don't.
I just never saw the need for Plus-X.

I admit I used Tri-X in Acufine rated at 800 for almost everything I shot, which might not have always been the best choice -- before I finally stopped shooting B&W, when small circulation magazines stopped using my photos (or stopped publishing), sometime in the '80s. Tri-X was just so easy to use.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-28-2017   #178
tunalegs
Pretended Artist
 
tunalegs's Avatar
 
tunalegs is offline
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by HHPhoto View Post
A fake.
Because an E6 film with something like a "Kodachrome look" (which would probably very very difficult to achieve) is a fake.
It is simply not the real deal, not the original.
It would be a fake like all these crappy film simulation programmes in digital imaging.
Those few people who really want Kodachrome would not buy it, they want the real stuff.
So an E6 "Kodachrome" would be a financial disaster: Huge costs of R&D, and not enough customers in the end.

I really hope Kodak Alaris is not so stupid to do that.

Some people here forget that Kodachrome failed in the market long before the digital flood came. Kodachrome significantly lost market share already in the 80ies to E6, and during the 90ies most reversal film shooters switched to E6.
For very good reasons:
E6 films from the 90ies on have been better in all respects: More natural color rendition (or more saturated like Velvia), finer grain, higher resolution, better sharpness, much better color stability when exposed to light (on the lightbox and in projection), much faster turnaround with processing, local processing options and possibility of home processing, cheaper.

The best Eastman Kodak and Kodak Alaris now can do is to focus and concentrate on new Ektachrome(s).

Cheers, Jan
The Kodachrome trademark was applied to a lot of different films and processes though, just as the Ektachrome trademark has been. The two different names mostly just signified which line of films could be developed at home, and which was sent back to Kodak for processing. But both names were applied to a bunch of different films and processes.

Kodak conceivably could make a Kodachrome E-6 film, and while some might blah about it not being the real thing, I think most users would just accept it as some particular variety of E-6 slide film rather than its whole own process. At this point it's unlikely that such a move would hurt them.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-28-2017   #179
telenous
Registered User
 
telenous is offline
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,487
Kodachrome was different from all E6 films. It wasn't as accurate or realistic but that made it interesting. Visually it looked as if the image was formed on the top of a dark underlay, perhaps because there really was an element of b&w structure in it (unlike E6). It 'd be great to have it again but I am not sure it'd make financial sense; and the important thing is to have a commercially succesful Kodak to produce everything else. Now, PlusX on the other hand...I feel it is really within reach.
__________________
- Alkis

flickr

"We stopped a bit further down from Amchit and looked at the sun sinking in the quiet Sea of Phoenix. Yet, why is it that sometimes one sees things clearly -- I mean to say, as when the camera is appropriately set." George Seferis
  Reply With Quote

Splitting hairs about vaporware...
Old 01-29-2017   #180
ChrisPlatt
Thread Killer
 
ChrisPlatt's Avatar
 
ChrisPlatt is offline
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Queens NYC
Age: 56
Posts: 2,483
Splitting hairs about vaporware...

If any new E-6 film Kodak introduces looks like Kodachrome I'll use it - whatever it's called!

Chris
__________________
Bring back the latent image!
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-12-2017   #181
Sarcophilus Harrisii
Brett Rogers
 
Sarcophilus Harrisii is offline
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,176
I heard from a friend who personally spoke to them today. At the highest levels, Kodak have not stopped talking about bringing Kodachrome back. Don't get too excited. Not yet anyway. But it's still being discussed. Interesting. I didn't get the call so it's not in my place to elaborate, and there's not much more to tell. But he's spoken to them and they're still discussing feasibility. No decision on it. Nowhere near a decision on it. Don't break out the champagne yet. But it is not off the table completely.
Cheers
Brett
__________________

  Reply With Quote

Old 06-12-2017   #182
CMur12
Registered User
 
CMur12 is offline
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Moses Lake, Washington, USA
Age: 65
Posts: 692
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcophilus Harrisii View Post
I heard from a friend who personally spoke to them today. At the highest levels, Kodak have not stopped talking about bringing Kodachrome back. Don't get too excited. Not yet anyway. But it's still being discussed. Interesting. I didn't get the call so it's not in my place to elaborate, and there's not much more to tell. But he's spoken to them and they're still discussing feasibility. No decision on it. Nowhere near a decision on it. Don't break out the champagne yet. But it is not off the table completely.
Cheers
Brett
That's most encouraging, Brett. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

It would be interesting to know how Kodak defines Kodachrome. Are they thinking of the Kodachrome process and how to modernize/update it (unlikely, as that would be very expensive, but it's tantalizing to the consumer nonetheless) or are they thinking of a color palette to be rendered in E6? Either way, it would be something new (in an old sense ) in slide film, and therefore most welcome.

I hope they do it and I hope they offer it in 120.

- Murray
__________________
Still shooting film: Medium Format with assorted TLRs; 35mm with manual-focus Minolta SLRs and a Canonet.
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-12-2017   #183
Hari
Registered User
 
Hari is offline
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 18
Back in the '80s Kodachrome existed 120.
But the pros needed the turn around speed
which Kodachrome never had. I did shoot
a half dozen rolls in 120 at the time.
Hari
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-21-2017   #184
goamules
Registered User
 
goamules is offline
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,642
Interesting that since January there has been zero new posts about the upcoming Ektachrome. Film is about dead when a new product excites.....nothing.
__________________
Garrett

My Flickr Photos
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-22-2017   #185
Sarcophilus Harrisii
Brett Rogers
 
Sarcophilus Harrisii is offline
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by goamules View Post
Interesting that since January there has been zero new posts about the upcoming Ektachrome. Film is about dead when a new product excites.....nothing.
It excited a lot of conversation. There has been five pages of discussion in this thread alone. That is not nothing. When Kodak make it available later this year I'm sure there will be a lot talk about it then, too.
__________________

  Reply With Quote

Old 06-22-2017   #186
infrequent
Registered User
 
infrequent's Avatar
 
infrequent is offline
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob-F View Post
As to the name, I imagine it would be called something that suggests a Kodachrome heritage. Maybe K-Chrome or Kodakrome. As long as it comes in a yellow and red box, it will be close enough.

What would you like to call it?
They can call it Krispy Kreme for all I care. New film is good news.
__________________
x100s + BM 201 + iPhone 6s
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-22-2017   #187
infrequent
Registered User
 
infrequent's Avatar
 
infrequent is offline
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by HHPhoto View Post
Those few people who really want Kodachrome would not buy it, they want the real stuff.
Fair enough. There will be many more willing to try it.
__________________
x100s + BM 201 + iPhone 6s
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-22-2017   #188
ChrisPlatt
Thread Killer
 
ChrisPlatt's Avatar
 
ChrisPlatt is offline
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Queens NYC
Age: 56
Posts: 2,483
Cranks and complainers will continue to kvetch that it's not Kodachrome.
Meanwhile shooters will buy and use the new Ektachrome.

Chris
__________________
Bring back the latent image!
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-23-2017   #189
Hari
Registered User
 
Hari is offline
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 18
Sure. I'm switching from Fujichrome to Ektachrome
when it becomes available, they have to
compete pricewise. It's relaxing to project slides!
Hari
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-23-2017   #190
brbo
Registered User
 
brbo's Avatar
 
brbo is offline
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,076
Quote:
Originally Posted by goamules View Post
Interesting that since January there has been zero new posts about the upcoming Ektachrome. Film is about dead when a new product excites.....nothing.
Yes, we changed our minds. We actually don't want ANOTHER slide film.

Please, someone notify Kodak...
__________________

  Reply With Quote

Old 08-18-2017   #191
goamules
Registered User
 
goamules is offline
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,642
OK, I'll bite: where is the proverbial new Kodak Ektachrome, that would "be available in Aug 2017?" There has been nothing on the internet about it since the January news, that I can see.
__________________
Garrett

My Flickr Photos
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-18-2017   #192
Mackinaw
Think Different
 
Mackinaw is offline
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: One hour south of the Mackinaw Bridge
Posts: 2,920
Quote:
Originally Posted by goamules View Post
OK, I'll bite: where is the proverbial new Kodak Ektachrome, that would "be available in Aug 2017?" There has been nothing on the internet about it since the January news, that I can see.
Kodak actually said the fourth quarter of 2017. So they have until December 31st.

Jim B.
__________________
My fancy-schmancy gallery:

http://snowcountryphotography.com

My RFF Gallery:

http://www.rangefinderforum.com/phot...user=1453&sl=m
  Reply With Quote

Old 1 Week Ago   #193
goamules
Registered User
 
goamules is offline
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,642
At the very end of the year, and "limited" is what I'm hearing now. Amazing how slow it is to get a machine rolling again that you already had rolling a few years ago.

http://www.thephoblographer.com/2017...k-market-2018/
__________________
Garrett

My Flickr Photos
  Reply With Quote

Old 1 Week Ago   #194
Mackinaw
Think Different
 
Mackinaw is offline
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: One hour south of the Mackinaw Bridge
Posts: 2,920
Quote:
Originally Posted by goamules View Post
At the very end of the year, and "limited" is what I'm hearing now. Amazing how slow it is to get a machine rolling again that you already had rolling a few years ago.....
From what I read on APUG, many of the Kodak film engineers who were familiar with Ektachrome had either retired or left the company. Basically, a bunch of new guys had to learn how to make an E-6 transparency film.

Jim B.
__________________
My fancy-schmancy gallery:

http://snowcountryphotography.com

My RFF Gallery:

http://www.rangefinderforum.com/phot...user=1453&sl=m
  Reply With Quote

Old 1 Week Ago   #195
unixrevolution
Registered User
 
unixrevolution's Avatar
 
unixrevolution is offline
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 34
Posts: 874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackinaw View Post
From what I read on APUG, many of the Kodak film engineers who were familiar with Ektachrome had either retired or left the company. Basically, a bunch of new guys had to learn how to make an E-6 transparency film.

Jim B.
I understand making film is a complicated undertaking, but forgive me for thinking they'd have had it all written down somewhere.
__________________
Please, call me Erik.
Find me on: Flickr | PentaxForums | Large Format Photography Forum

"I decided to stop collecting cameras and become a photographer."
  Reply With Quote

Old 1 Week Ago   #196
HHPhoto
Registered User
 
HHPhoto is offline
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,241
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackinaw View Post
From what I read on APUG, many of the Kodak film engineers who were familiar with Ektachrome had either retired or left the company. Basically, a bunch of new guys had to learn how to make an E-6 transparency film.

Jim B.
In some of their recent interviews the Eastman Kodak representatives said that
- lots of their former E6 engineers left Kodak in the last years (either retired or laid off)
- some of the raw material used in former Ektachrome ist not available anymore
- they have to redesign quite a lot, which is very difficult
- for all these reasons they don't know how the final new Ektachrome will look: More like E100G, or more like E100GX, or more like E100VS.

We just have to wait and see.

In the meanwhile I continue to enjoy Provia 100F, the best ISO 100/21 natural-color film ever. The benchmark for all other neutral color reversal films since its introduction in 1999.
And not only the benchmark in neutral colour rendition, resolution, sharpness, fineness of grain. But also in flexibility and versatility:
Provia 100F not only gives perfect results at box speed, but also pulled one stop @ ISO 50/18, and pushed one stop @ ISO 200/24.
And even @ ISO 400/27 and push 2 developing it offers good results.

Cheers, Jan
  Reply With Quote

Old 1 Week Ago   #197
ChrisPlatt
Thread Killer
 
ChrisPlatt's Avatar
 
ChrisPlatt is offline
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Queens NYC
Age: 56
Posts: 2,483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackinaw View Post
Kodak actually said the fourth quarter of 2017.
So they have until December 31st.
Some fresh Ektachrome film would make a real nice holiday gift for many photographers around the world.
I sure hope Kodak doesn't drop the ball on this one.

Chris
__________________
Bring back the latent image!
  Reply With Quote

Old 1 Week Ago   #198
Mackinaw
Think Different
 
Mackinaw is offline
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: One hour south of the Mackinaw Bridge
Posts: 2,920
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisPlatt View Post
Some fresh Ektachrome film would make a real nice holiday gift for many photographers around the world.
I sure hope Kodak doesn't drop the ball on this one.

Chris
If the Kodak website is to be believed, a trial run of the new Ektachrome, for field testing only, will be available late in 2017. If that goes well, commercial production will begin in 2018.

Jim B.
__________________
My fancy-schmancy gallery:

http://snowcountryphotography.com

My RFF Gallery:

http://www.rangefinderforum.com/phot...user=1453&sl=m
  Reply With Quote

Old 1 Week Ago   #199
Chris101
summicronia
 
Chris101's Avatar
 
Chris101 is offline
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Arizona
Posts: 4,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by unixrevolution View Post
I understand making film is a complicated undertaking, but forgive me for thinking they'd have had it all written down somewhere.
Don't count on it. Manufacturing procedures, even if carefully documented, often require tweaking by experienced technicians.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 13:01.


vBulletin skin developed by: eXtremepixels
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

All content on this site is Copyright Protected and owned by its respective owner. You may link to content on this site but you may not reproduce any of it in whole or part without written consent from its owner.