Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Classic Film RangeFinders & Other Classics > Half Frames / Subminiatures

Half Frames / Subminiatures This forum is for all half frame 35mm cameras, including the very popular Olympus Pens and their SLR cousins, the Pen F and Pen FT, as well as all smaller than half frame subminiature film cameras.

Old 1 Week Ago   #41
Huss

Those red dots are from light leaks through the backing paper of the film. Apparently the backing paper that Lomo has used is a little leaky/perforated. I have not noticed this on my Tiger 200 film, so it seems that it is a QC issue.
But I have with Orca! Mine had crazy backing paper mico-perferations. It can make for an interesting albeit unintentional effect.
This was taken with Orca and my Rollei A110. You again can see how sharp the lens is:

Old 1 Week Ago   #42
Huss

More with the Rollei and Orca film. I like this film a lot, but it seems very hard to get:

Old 1 Week Ago   #43
seany65

Why does Lomo make such a fuss of their 110 "Peacock" film going green etc. when cross-processed? Doesn't all slide film go a funny colour or two when cross-processed?

Is there anyone that processes and mounts 110 slide film? How easy is it to get slide viewers that can handle 110 slides?

How does it compare to Tiger 200 film?

While I'm here, is it usual for the wind-on lever of Minolta 110 zoom slr mk2s to wind-on even if a photo has not been taken first?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Edit: added the following bit after seeing Huss's post :

Thanks for those pics Huss. Did you process and print them yourself? The exposure seems right on for each photo. Have you got any opinion on whether it's similar to any 35mm film? Do you get those perforations in every Orca film, and have you noticed if they appear from a particular frame number?

Old 5 Days Ago   #44
seany65

Here are some links to shops/sellers I've bought Lomo 110 Tiger 200 film from, in case Lomo start stocking/sending it out again:

1) Analogue Wonderland: https://analoguewonderland.co.uk/collections/110-film

2) Bristol Cameras: https://www.bristolcameras.co.uk/adv...10+camera+film

You can't email Bristol Cameras, you have to phone them to ask questions.

3) WEX photo: https://www.wexphotovideo.com/film/#..._category_pg=1

WEX have been very helpful over the short time I've been emailing them, and 'Angela' has passed on my info about Lomo having no firm plans to restock 110 Tiger 200 film, to another dept. who will decide whether to contact Lomo and ask for more film etc.

4) M.S.Hobbies Ltd.: https://www.wexphotovideo.com/film/#..._category_pg=1

M.S.Hobbies handle Minox cameras and film as well. It has proved a little difficult getting Postage prices and so on from them. The website does seem to have improved since the last email I sent them.

I've just added a film to 'my cart' to see what would happen about indications of postage etc. The film would cost 8.75 according to the listing, this price is shown as 'sub total' in 'my cart', there is 11.50 below it with no indication what it's for and the 'Total amount' is 19.75 inc. tax. This is for one film.

HUH!? It can't be 11.50 tax as no-one else is charging that, and I'd be surprised if it was 11.50 postage. I won't go any further with it by going through the motions of paying for it (without the final 'confirm and pay'), in case something goes wrong.

Until I get clarification about this I won't be buying anything from them.

Edit: I forgot to include this ebay seller:

5) apdigi. Based in Hong Kong but it took less than a week for the box of "3x Lomo 110 Tiger 200" to arrive. The box cost 19.60, with free postage although I paid 1.50 extra for postage that was listed as being about a week quicker, but I could still be waiting in the first week of August.