Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Classic Film RangeFinders & Other Classics > Other RF

Other RF Forum for the many Rangefinder cameras that do not have a dedicated RFF forum.

Couple of Ricoh 519M questions
Old 05-25-2013   #1
Jerry Thirsty

Couple of Ricoh 519M questions

Hi folks, I've got a Ricoh 519M, and it doesn't have any framelines. Is it supposed to, or are they prone to fading?

Also, there's a button on the back next to the PC socket: is this the rewind button (I'd try it, but I've got film in the camera)?

thanks,
Jerry

Old 05-25-2013   #2
farlymac
PF McFarland

It should have frame lines. They are on the inside of the viewfinder rear lens, and could have been cleaned off by some heavy fingered repairer. And the button you mention is the film release, just push it to the right. Not sure if you have to hold it while rewinding, but that's the way it feels on mine (haven't run any film through it because someone oiled the shutter, and I don't have the special spanners to get it apart).

PF

Old 05-26-2013   #3
Jerry Thirsty

Ok, thanks. I was finally able to see the framelines. They are very faint on mine, and because of my glasses I have to scrunch my face up against the camera to see them.