Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Classic Film RangeFinders & Other Classics > TLR Forum - Twin Lens Reflex

TLR Forum - Twin Lens Reflex another alternative to the dreaded SLR way of seeing, this forum for all format TLR cameras

Yashica D : Help requested
Old 09-16-2014   #1
Joao
Negativistic forever

Yashica D : Help requested

Hello
My Yashica D often misses the first frame (sometimes the second frame is cut in half) and, as expected, there is some unexposed film at the end. Eleven frames most of the time, sometimes 10 1/2 frames. Something in the camera is not "catching" the beginning of the film; I already made several atempts loading the film very carefully and paying attention to the details, but it keeps happening. This happens with FOMAPAN 100 (never tried another brand yet) .
I must add that the frame counter seems to work well (except for the problem reported) and the frame spacing is fine
Any sugestions ? Or explanations ?

Thank you
Joao

Old 09-16-2014   #2
Jerry Thirsty

Just to confirm: you do wind the film with the back open until the arrow on the backing paper lines up with the red arrows on the body, and then you close the back and wind until the counter stops on 1? It seems unlikely that the backing paper is printed wrong, but you could get a roll from another brand and unroll them enough to compare. Otherwise it would have to be something in the winding mechanism.

Old 09-16-2014   #3
Joao
Negativistic forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Thirsty View Post
Just to confirm: you do wind the film with the back open until the arrow on the backing paper lines up with the red arrows on the body, ....
Thank you, maybe you have spotted my mistake; I was using the START letters as a reference, not the arrow.... I will finish the roll that is currently inside the camera (10 - 11 frames) and will do as you suggest.
My fault (as usual). I am grateful for your help
Regards
Joao

Old 09-16-2014   #4
Jerry Thirsty

Ok, it's been a long time since I've used a roll of Foma, so I'm just assuming it has an arrow.