Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Classic Film RangeFinders & Other Classics > 120 / 220 film RF's

120 / 220 film RF's 120 / 220 format rangefinders including Fuji, Koni-Omega, Mamiya Press, Linhof 6x7/6x9 cameras, Mamiya 6/7 among others, but excluding the 120 folders and the Voigtlander 667 cameras that have their own forums.

Arca-Swiss Plate for Bessa III / GF670?
Old 02-12-2015   #1
Jager

Arca-Swiss Plate for Bessa III / GF670?

Okay, I pulled the trigger on the Bessa III. A nice box from B&H will be here tomorrow.

I moved to Arca-Swiss ballheads years ago on all my cameras, for those odd occasions when I want to use a tripod. Does anyone know of a designed-for Arca-Swiss plate? I don't see one listed online at either Really Right Stuff or Kirk.

I'm sure one of the universal plates will work, but those typically don't have the edge boss that the designed-for plates do, and aren't as structurally rigid.

Thanks in advance...

www.jeffhughesphoto.com (website)
http://jeffreyhughes.net/wordpress (blog)

Old 05-13-2015   #2
Trakl

Jeff, I wanted an L plate and tried the RRS "MC-L: Multi-Camera L-Plate." I can confirm it does NOT work with Bessa III -- not nearly long enough. I'm now using the RRS "BP-CS: Multi-camera conventional plate" which works fine but of course it's only a base plate not an L plate, which is too bad because I'm shooting portrait orientation most of the time.

Old 05-13-2015   #3
Jerry Thirsty

Maybe the Acratech (#2137)? They don't specifically call out the GF670, but it's a pretty generic plate with a lip:

http://www.acratech.net/quick-release-plates/2137/

Old 05-13-2015   #4
Jerry Thirsty

I tracked down my #2137 and tried it on the GF670 and it does fit fine.