Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Classic Film RangeFinders & Other Classics > Fixed Lens 35mm RF

Fixed Lens 35mm RF This forum is dedicated to the numerous and popular fixed lens rangefinders, including but not limited to the Canon Canonets, Konica III and S series, Minoltas, Ricohs, Vivitars, and so many others. Note fixed lens Olympus , Yashicas, Argus and Retina have separate forums.

Anybody else's QL-17 do this?
Old 01-31-2007   #1
caffeineshutter
CJ

Anybody else's QL-17 do this?

My QL-17 GIII has a working meter (knock wood). However, I notice that when I install a new silver-oxide battery, the blue battery light will function when the battery check buttin is presssed...

However, 2-3 weeks later, the meter still works fine, but the light will no longer illuminate. This has always been the case with this Canonet's ownership.

I don't mind this phenomenon, but does anybody else experience it?

-CJ

Old 01-31-2007   #2
skhan

I did, with 2 of mine. On the first one, the connection was loose. On the second one, the batteries were weak (although it was a set of fresh-out-of-box batteries; the meter seemed to work ok, but the light won't lit), and it started working again when I replaced those batt.

Old 01-31-2007   #3
willie_901

My Canonet would meter fine but not light up the blue battery check light when the battery was on its last legs. The battery light always worked with a fresh battery.

I suspect your new battery was a bit stale, or you may have accidentally left the meter on and the lens cap off long enough to prematurely weaken the battery.

willie
Basically, I mean, ah—well, let’s say that for me anyway when a photograph is interesting, it’s interesting because of the kind of photographic problem it states—which has to do with the . . . contest between content and form.
Garry Winogrand
williamchuttonjr.com

Old 02-02-2007   #4
40oz

the battery check on mine has never worked reliably, but the meter has never failed me. I'm kind of curious how they failed to produce a working battery check function but got everything else right