Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Classic Film RangeFinders & Other Classics > Fixed Lens 35mm RF

Fixed Lens 35mm RF This forum is dedicated to the numerous and popular fixed lens rangefinders, including but not limited to the Canon Canonets, Konica III and S series, Minoltas, Ricohs, Vivitars, and so many others. Note fixed lens Olympus , Yashicas, Argus and Retina have separate forums.

Help Please... Minolta
Old 02-09-2007   #1
Gryphon5

Help Please... Minolta

I just received a used Hi-matic F and I have a few questions that I hope you can help with.

Distance scale: does this apply to only flash use or all the time?

When looking through the view finder when I am going to take a picture, I half press, no light, whe I full press the light (red) comes on and stays on. Whats up with this?

Also when I full depress the shutter release I hear a click but not like a full click. (shutter open/close click) just a little zzzt. Has the picture been taken?

Cheers and thannsk for the help. I hope this isnt too stupid, I am new to rangefinders and film in general.

Cheers

Old 02-09-2007   #2
rover

Welcome to RFF.

I have not used a Himatic F, but you may be able to find your answer here

http://www.sds.com/mug/

On the left menu select body specifications and then scroll on the left down to the Himatic Cameras.

Millennium M6TTL with Voigtlander 35/1.2 Nokton

rover's world at flickr

Old 02-09-2007   #3
KoNickon
Nick Merritt

With regard to whether the shutter has opened or not, best thing to do is either stare at the lens to see if it looks like it opened, or (better) try tripping the shutter with the back open, so you're looking through the lens to see if indeed light is coming through. Sometimes just going on the sound the shutter makes won't give you enough information.

Old 02-09-2007   #4
Kin Lau

Welcome.... have you checked the batteries ?