Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Classic Film RangeFinders & Other Classics > Nikon RF

Nikon RF This forum is dedicated to Nikon Rangefinders: the Nikon One, Nikon M, Nikon S, Nikon S2, Nikon SP, Nikon S3, Nikon S4, and Nikon S3M, Nikon S3 2000, Nikon SP 2005. Plus the ONLY production camera ever made in Nikon Rangefinder mount WITH TTL metering ... the Voigtlander Bessa R2S.

1957 Nikon SP review
Old 07-16-2018   #1
stevierose
Ann Arbor, Michigan

1957 Nikon SP review

For fun, I have been doing some research on the classic cameras I own as well as some of the darkroom procedures I use. Fortunately, I live down the road from the University of Michigan Library system, so I have been able to find some interesting things. The other day, I found the review of the Nikon SP that appeared in the November, 1957 issue of Popular Photography. It's pretty fun reading...as part of the review they loaned the camera two three working photojournalists to get their impressions which includes a very entertaining debate amongst them. I would like to try attaching a scanned copy of the review to this posting so that you can read it. How do I do that? When I try to upload the file using the paper clip icon it tells me it is an invalid file.

Thanks!

Steve Rosenblum

Old 07-16-2018   #2
Saul
fighting inertia

Please do; sounds fun

Old 07-16-2018   #3
xayraa33
rangefinder user and fancier

The Nikon SP should have won the Coolest Looking Camera Award, (CLCA) after it came out to the market in Sept. 1957

Old 07-16-2018   #4
Erik van Straten

The best thing to do is to load the file first into Flickr, and then copy/paste it into RFf.

Will be a fun reading! I have some old issues of Popular Photography with great ads of Nikon cameras in them: Nikon S2, Nikon SP and Nikon F.

Erik.

Old 07-16-2018   #5
Mackinaw
Think Different

There's a guy on Photo.net who scans parts of old photo magazines. Here's a link to the November, 1957 Modern Photography and their test of the Nikon SP.

https://www.photo.net/discuss/thread...eport.5505690/

Jim B.

My RFF Gallery:
http://www.rangefinderforum.com/phot...user=1453&sl=m

Old 09-04-2018   #6
stevierose
Ann Arbor, Michigan

Sorry folks. I couldn't figure out how to link a PDF file to this forum so I have been unable to post the article.

Steve

Old 09-04-2018   #7
p.giannakis
Pan Giannakis

Google books has some past issues there.
Google->books-> search "popular photography mar 1957" (random example) and comes up with the whole scanned issue.

Works also for Life magazine.

Enjoy!

The Monochrome Archives
Instagram