Old 3 Weeks Ago   #7161
lxmike
Cat, coffee, camera:Check

Quote:
Originally Posted by splitimageview View Post
Custom M2, as completed by Alan Starkie and James Starkie at https://www.cameraworks-uk.com

An M2 of my favorite variety: lever rewind, no self-timer. This one had a lot of cosmetic wear and tear, nicks and scratches, including a crunched corner on the front part of the viewfinder.

The shutter was jammed. I asked Alan if they had a paint that would be close to a match to black chrome. I always have liked the look of 'new' black chrome, although black chrome doesn't age all that well.

This paint will not discolor over time, and is very durable. It also doesn't show finger prints, unlike the various glossy paint options.

Note the oxidized/blackened strap lugs.

A full CLA was performed so all the speeds are up to spec, and new window glass was installed.

New body shell screws and accessory shoe screws.

Their new custom replacement frameline mask was also installed, as the original was deteriorating. The framelines and RF patch are now strong and constrasty.

Note the customized M4-style look (the top plate extensions to either side of the lens mount were removed.)

Custom replacement vulcanite from hugostudio.com.

Before and after photos...

very very nice
Current analog SLR: Nikon F Ftn, Pentax MX, Minolta XE-1.

myblog:lifefromawindow

myRFFgallery:

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #7162
heartfield

Since I sold my M6 3 yrs ago I have always regretted my decision and tried various digital options afterwards.
I have never been happy with the way of taking pictures with a digital camera and the processing of photos (I now own a SonyA7) and I am more than happy that I gave in again to buy myself a Leica, this time an M2. This is in my eyes one of the prettiest and best values Ms you can get.
I found this camera and the Summaron 35/2.8 both on Ebay for a bit more than 1k€ all together, both in excellent condition, just slight marking on the M2 due to a Leicameter I guess. The M2 even has a new viewfinder incl. 135mm frame-lines, so 35+135, 50, 90mm. Now I can't wait to take it out and shoot, shoot, shoot...

I made the strap myself out of some pieces of leather and a rope that I bought at a hiking shop.

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #7163
giulio stucchi

Welcome or Wilkommen on RFF Heartfield!

My fave camera / lens combo.

Please feel free to post the result on the Summaron 2.8 thread:

https://www.rangefinderforum.com/for...d.php?t=108763

PS: It looks like you have an LTM Summaron with an M Adapter right? I see the min focus distance is 1 meter and not 0.7 meter. Don't be shy using it close to your subject, the summaron shines on this.

Giulio

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #7164
heartfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by giulio stucchi View Post
Welcome or Wilkommen on RFF Heartfield!

My fave camera / lens combo.

Please feel free to post the result on the Summaron 2.8 thread:

https://www.rangefinderforum.com/for...d.php?t=108763

PS: It looks like you have an LTM Summaron with an M Adapter right? I see the min focus distance is 1 meter and not 0.7 meter. Don't be shy using it close to your subject, the summaron shines on this.

Giulio
Thank you Giulio!
I will post some photos as soon as I will have some!

Yes it's the LTM version with 1m close distance and when I bought it I was not aware of it and close to returning the lens, but the price and condition was just too good so I thought why not give it a try first. Getting a lens this old (mine is from 1960) in such a great shape doesn't happen that often. I think ones I will get used to it I will start to love that lens.

Cheers,
Tobias

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #7165
giulio stucchi

Viel Spass Tobias! :-)

VG
g.

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #7166
Theo Scholten

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartfield View Post
Since I sold my M6 3 yrs ago I have always regretted my decision and tried various digital options afterwards.
I have never been happy with the way of taking pictures with a digital camera and the processing of photos (I now own a SonyA7) and I am more than happy that I gave in again to buy myself a Leica, this time an M2. This is in my eyes one of the prettiest and best values Ms you can get.
I found this camera and the Summaron 35/2.8 both on Ebay for a bit more than 1k€ all together, both in excellent condition, just slight marking on the M2 due to a Leicameter I guess. The M2 even has a new viewfinder incl. 135mm frame-lines, so 35+135, 50, 90mm. Now I can't wait to take it out and shoot, shoot, shoot...

I made the strap myself out of some pieces of leather and a rope that I bought at a hiking shop.

Excellent! So you've got an M4 within a M2 body...almost... Beautiful camera setup. congrats.

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #7167
Deardorff38

A real beauty. My Summaron 35 is my favourite lens for my MP....after decades of 'only a summicron is good enough."

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #7168
Quixotic Eye

Thinking of H.C.B. M9-P Summilux 35mm ASPH

Old 1 Week Ago   #7169
Penzes

playing with the light set up
by István Pénzes, on Flickr

my flickr