Hexar AF or Yashica T4?
Old 1 Week Ago   #1
papo
Registered User
 
papo is offline
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 79
Hexar AF or Yashica T4?

I understand that both are different kind of cameras but since i like both, i wonder what to get and why. I also have an M6 but sometimes i just want to have quick and uncomplicated fun
  Reply With Quote

Old 1 Week Ago   #2
edge100
Registered User
 
edge100 is offline
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 668
I can only comment on the Hexar.

Operationally, it can be frustrating. Max shutter speed of 1/250 means that you may want to add a 3-stop ND filter to take best advantage of the absolutely glorious lens. The buttons are fiddly and manual focus is a joke.

BUT...

That lens. Holy crap, that lens.
__________________
Former street photographer
The Definitive Guide to Scanning Film with a Digital Camera
  Reply With Quote

Old 1 Week Ago   #3
Swift1
Registered User
 
Swift1's Avatar
 
Swift1 is offline
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,247
Quote:
Originally Posted by papo View Post
I understand that both are different kind of cameras but since i like both, i wonder what to get and why. I also have an M6 but sometimes i just want to have quick and uncomplicated fun
I can't really comment on either camera...

But, for similar money you could get a Contax G1 with either a 45/2 or 28/2.8
__________________
Colton

If you're gonna shoot, shoot, don't talk. The Ugly
My Flickr
My Website
  Reply With Quote

Old 1 Week Ago   #4
f16sunshine
Moderator
 
f16sunshine's Avatar
 
f16sunshine is offline
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Seattle
Age: 49
Posts: 5,890
I'll add also to the Hexar AF.
It's a low light gem. The lens is fantastic and the IR focus system is fully operational in almost no light.
For brighter days I just pack an Olymus XA3 or mju2 but evenings and dark bars etc... Hexar AF is pretty amazing.

I've owned the Yashica and would say it's nothing special beyond it's T* coated lens.... I prefer the more compact Olympus mju2.
The Yashica is Far.... far overpriced at this point. Completely out of whack!


Hexar AF nails the eyes in near darkness.
__________________
Andy
  Reply With Quote

Old 1 Week Ago   #5
Archlich
Registered User
 
Archlich is offline
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 814
Shot 50 rolls with the Hexar during an arctic hike this summer. It worked well, despite all the sand in the polar desert. Actually it's not that fiddly - figure its semi-aperture priority Program mode out and it's pretty swift to go. The two buttons can be used for compensation only. Manual focus is OK, good for hyperfocus shooting since it pre-extends the lens into the specified distance.

The result is awesome, and you have all the controls. The only gripe I have is it would only rewind with the camera ON. I always turn my camera off when not shooting thus accidentally opened the film door twice thinking it'd finished rewinding.

The T4 is nice, better for "quick and uncomplicated fun" (you do have many other options for that though). But like many fully automatic cameras, to get the best out it you really have to shoot and experiment a lot. It's also quite expensive for what it is, and a lot fatter than the similarly speced Olympus mju2. One noticeable difference is, the mju2's flash charges very quickly. Its controls are not locked until the flash finishes charging every time you turn it on as with the T4.

I do lean toward the Hexar. The only drawback would be you'd end up using your M6 less and less...
  Reply With Quote

Old 1 Week Ago   #6
Paul T.
Registered User
 
Paul T.'s Avatar
 
Paul T. is offline
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,889
The T4, as pointed out, isn't that different. The Hexar AF is totally unique. The autofocus is still way better than most modern cameras (except if the subject is behind glass). And it is also completely silent, so you can photograph someone and they don't really know if you've taken the shot. Yes, the lens is fantastic, but for me it's only one aspect of the camera's superb, and unique, functionality.
  Reply With Quote

Old 1 Week Ago   #7
Axel100
Registered User
 
Axel100's Avatar
 
Axel100 is offline
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Germany, north
Posts: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by f16sunshine View Post
...

I've owned the Yashica and would say it's nothing special beyond it's T* coated lens.... I prefer the more compact Olympus mju2.
The Yashica is Far.... far overpriced at this point. Completely out of whack!...
Yes! T4s are hype cameras where dozens of others do the same for a small part of the money you pay for a T4.
The Hexar is no small camera. For "auto everything" sure a good choice with a good lens.
__________________
its all Fuji
  Reply With Quote

Old 1 Week Ago   #8
02Pilot
Malcontent
 
02Pilot is offline
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NY, USA
Posts: 1,139
To echo some of the comments above, I've found the Hexar AF to be best as a sort of semi-auto camera - set and forget. The Program mode is quite useful once you figure out the logic; choose your preferred aperture and go. For street work, manual focus to 3m and go. The lens is really nice, the auto focus and auto exposure are spot-on, and the ergonomics of the main controls (not the tiny buttons) are good enough.
__________________
-------------------------------------------------------
Any man who can see what he wants to get on film will usually find some way to get it;
and a man who thinks his equipment is going to see for him is not going to get much of anything.

-Hunter S. Thompson
-
http://filmosaur.wordpress.com/
  Reply With Quote

Old 1 Week Ago   #9
valdas
Registered User
 
valdas is offline
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,101
Hexar AF. Yashicas are ok, but nothing special. I had 3 of them, sold them all, kept Contax T2, Hexar and Mju II (but MjuII sees the least of use). I am f stop control freak and that's where Hexar and T2 are offering what I need. Yes. 1/250 is a limitation, but then - I don't use those cameras on the sunny beach (or if I do, it's loaded with iso 25 film)...
  Reply With Quote

Old 1 Week Ago   #10
littleearth
Registered User
 
littleearth is offline
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 150
The T4 is a toy camera next to the Hexar (fixed cron) !
I really like the portraits I shot with the Yashica, but I got it almost for free. It's really nothing special !
  Reply With Quote

Old 1 Week Ago   #11
OlliL
Registered User
 
OlliL's Avatar
 
OlliL is offline
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Germany
Age: 30
Posts: 782
If you want a quality compact, that can be compared to the Hexar, better look into something like a Fuji Klasse, or Contax T2, maybe even a Minilux, or Minolta T-C1.
My experiences with the T4/T5 were always mildly entertaining, as you don't have any visual feedback of what that camera is doing (which I hate).
The Hexar is amazing, but for me, I'd always take something smaller, in addition to an M.
__________________
Kind regards,
Oliver
  Reply With Quote

Old 1 Week Ago   #12
Richard G
Registered User
 
Richard G's Avatar
 
Richard G is offline
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: 37,47 S
Posts: 4,545
Hexar.

Here's what I posted a couple of years ago:

It almost is not real, or at least not believable. And the engineers at Konica who designed it are not quite merely human. Some choose to reject this camera on hearing of its top speed of 1/250s. But it can be used in many flexible ways. If you shoot wide open indoors the LCD shows the shutter speed when you depress the shutter button. If you then walk into bright sun and leave it on f2, the next shutter press shows f11, not a shutter speed. That is code for: "Please excuse me but you have selected f2 on the aperture dial, and you are shooting 400 ISO film, which you have rated at 320, so we must stop down the lens and shoot at 1/250s. Sorry. Hope it's OK with you." If in P mode you have set a minimum shuttter speed and you've selected f11, again the camera's ingenious software selects a wider aperture: "Sorry, but you may have forgotten your minimum selected shutter speed: we have had to open the aperture." I've already alluded to manual ISO selection, overriding the built in auto selection. Then there's the silent mode, where your subject can't hear the shutter or the advance. And neither can you. Then there's the fixed infinity focus selection, and the manual focus fixed distance, useful when getting the IR AF past relfective windows. And I still haven't got onto the offering at A mode.....And it's beautifully made. As a Leica M film user at the time I bought mine, from RFF classifieds, I was ready to enjoy the above benefits at the expense of a flimsier than Leica build standard, but I experienced no such thing.

I have the two sides of the Quick Reference instructions in my iPhone to check the less commonly used button combinations for all this cleverness.

In A Mode it will slow the shutter to what is required. In P mode it obeys your minimum 1/30s, for instance, and takes the shot, at f2, good light or not.
__________________
Richard
  Reply With Quote

Old 1 Week Ago   #13
f16sunshine
Moderator
 
f16sunshine's Avatar
 
f16sunshine is offline
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Seattle
Age: 49
Posts: 5,890
^^^
Yeah,.. with the Hexar AF "P" stands for "preferred " rather than "program exposure".
__________________
Andy
  Reply With Quote

Old 1 Week Ago   #14
Archlich
Registered User
 
Archlich is offline
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlliL View Post
If you want a quality compact, that can be compared to the Hexar, better look into something like a Fuji Klasse, or Contax T2, maybe even a Minilux, or Minolta T-C1.
My experiences with the T4/T5 were always mildly entertaining, as you don't have any visual feedback of what that camera is doing (which I hate).
The Hexar is amazing, but for me, I'd always take something smaller, in addition to an M.
It's worth noticing that the luxury P&S's price has gone skyrocketing. And that's not just the Contax cameras, but anything that looks remotely smart. For example the Minilux's price had doubled during the past year. Some youngsters in Asia are snatching these as fashion accessories like crazy. The TC-1, Klasses, Nikon 35Ti (not the 28Ti, since it's black) and even the Fujifilm Tiara are all very expensive now.

This makes the Hexar, which was largely unaffected, an extremely good value. It's very fortunate that the Hexar was made into the large lump of black, unattractive plastic enigma as it is. No hip, no bling, it's just there to take pictures...
  Reply With Quote

Old 1 Week Ago   #15
Phil_F_NM
Camera hacker
 
Phil_F_NM's Avatar
 
Phil_F_NM is offline
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Age: 41
Posts: 3,191
All the things said above about the Hexar I agree with. Manual focus kind of sucks but it can autofocus in the dark better and faster than anyone with a Leica M can in dim light, dare I say daylight.
In a nutshell, I wish I kept my Hexar instead of selling it to fund the purchase of my first Leica. That is how good it is.

Phil Forrest
  Reply With Quote

Old 1 Week Ago   #16
DwF
Registered User
 
DwF's Avatar
 
DwF is offline
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Washington State
Posts: 722
I absolutely loved my Hexar(s) had two from when they came out in '93 for several years. I'm sure others here can speak better than I to longevity and issues that come up with them and whether they can still be repaired.

You said you have an M6 and want uncomplicated fun, and sice you are looking at T4- I would look at the Konica C35 (but be careful which model of that camera), or Auto S3, which is a C35 FD in Japanese version, a Rollei 35S or Olympus XA. These are all relatively inexpensive and very nice picture takers.

If low light is something you are doing, the Auto S3 with f1.8 lens, and shutter to 8th and B setting makes more sense than the regular C35.
__________________
DwF DwF’s Gallery
  Reply With Quote

Old 1 Week Ago   #17
02Pilot
Malcontent
 
02Pilot is offline
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NY, USA
Posts: 1,139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archlich View Post
This makes the Hexar, which was largely unaffected, an extremely good value. It's very fortunate that the Hexar was made into the large slump of black, unattractive plastic enigma as it is. No hip, no bling, it's just there to take pictures...
Well, there are versions that aren't solid black lumps. No idea on how those versions are valued these days compared to the standard model.

Also worth noting is that some Hexars have become inert due to electronics failure. Fortunately, at least some of the issues can be rectified and the fixes are documented. My Rhodium came to me with no signs of life (generously offered free via the RFF classifieds), and I was able to resurrect it fairly easily. Not that this sort of DIY is for everyone, but if you're willing to throw the dice on a cheap broken camera you might end up fully functional one with just a little work.
__________________
-------------------------------------------------------
Any man who can see what he wants to get on film will usually find some way to get it;
and a man who thinks his equipment is going to see for him is not going to get much of anything.

-Hunter S. Thompson
-
http://filmosaur.wordpress.com/
  Reply With Quote

Old 1 Week Ago   #18
f16sunshine
Moderator
 
f16sunshine's Avatar
 
f16sunshine is offline
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Seattle
Age: 49
Posts: 5,890
Although the hexar af may not collect 4digits in front of the decimal just yet, it’s still going up like all the rest.
$300-$400 used to be enough for a nice one.
Close to double that now.
When mine bricks completly I’ll have the lens concerted to M-mount.
Hopefully that day won’t come

Another comment on mju2..... Get One while they are still cheap!!
Great little film camera. Absolute gem of a p&s.
__________________
Andy
  Reply With Quote

Old 1 Week Ago   #19
DwF
Registered User
 
DwF's Avatar
 
DwF is offline
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Washington State
Posts: 722
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02Pilot View Post
Well, there are versions that aren't solid black lumps. No idea on how those versions are valued these days compared to the standard model.

Also worth noting is that some Hexars have become inert due to electronics failure. Fortunately, at least some of the issues can be rectified and the fixes are documented. My Rhodium came to me with no signs of life (generously offered free via the RFF classifieds), and I was able to resurrect it fairly easily. Not that this sort of DIY is for everyone, but if you're willing to throw the dice on a cheap broken camera you might end up fully functional one with just a little work.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. The Hexar (original and Silver without data back-not sure it came without one) have a real elegance about them. And when they first showed up, they looked like nothing else out there but obviously some off-shoot of a Leica. At least that's what I saw and still do.
__________________
DwF DwF’s Gallery
  Reply With Quote

Old 1 Week Ago   #20
Archlich
Registered User
 
Archlich is offline
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by f16sunshine View Post
Although the hexar af may not collect 4digits in front of the decimal just yet, it’s still going up like all the rest.
$300-$400 used to be enough for a nice one.
Close to double that now.
When mine bricks completly I’ll have the lens concerted to M-mount.
Hopefully that day won’t come

Another comment on mju2..... Get One while they are still cheap!!
Great little film camera. Absolute gem of a p&s.
There are still plenty $500-ish Hexars on the 'bay. Not bad compared to the rest of the horde.
  Reply With Quote

Old 1 Week Ago   #21
OlliL
Registered User
 
OlliL's Avatar
 
OlliL is offline
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Germany
Age: 30
Posts: 782
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archlich View Post
It's worth noticing that the luxury P&S's price has gone skyrocketing. And that's not just the Contax cameras, but anything that looks remotely smart. For example the Minilux's price had doubled during the past year. Some youngsters in Asia are snatching these as fashion accessories like crazy. The TC-1, Klasses, Nikon 35Ti (not the 28Ti, since it's black) and even the Fujifilm Tiara are all very expensive now.

This makes the Hexar, which was largely unaffected, an extremely good value. It's very fortunate that the Hexar was made into the large lump of black, unattractive plastic enigma as it is. No hip, no bling, it's just there to take pictures...
Ugh, didn't know it got that expensive now.

Well, I'm happy to report then, that you can still get the Rollei AFM35 (rebranded OG Fuji Klasse) at around 200€, which was what I did recently and couldn't be happier, for the amount spent.

After checking some prices on the bay, on those other ones, the Hexar is really ok-ish price wise then.
__________________
Kind regards,
Oliver
  Reply With Quote

Old 1 Week Ago   #22
FujiLove
Registered User
 
FujiLove is offline
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 402
I loved my AF and agree with everything said about them above. However, if they die, and they do, that's it. For the same money I just bought a G1, 45mm & 28mm. If it dies, and it will, I can buy another body and keep the great lenses.

The autofocus isn't as good as the AF, and it's obviously noisier, but neither makes any difference for the photos I take. The G1 is better built, smaller and has a higher max shutter speed.
  Reply With Quote

Old 1 Week Ago   #23
papo
Registered User
 
papo is offline
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 79
Heres the thing: i had the Hexar and T4 in the past and they both died down on me. The question is also, which one could theoretically last me longer? I heard theres some guy in the Netherlands that knows how to fix the Hexar, that would be a significant plus. The Contax T2 is also attractive becaus it is well built like the Hexar but i also wonder what can be done in terms of repairing it.
  Reply With Quote

Old 1 Week Ago   #24
Axel100
Registered User
 
Axel100's Avatar
 
Axel100 is offline
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Germany, north
Posts: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by papo View Post
... I also have an M6 but sometimes i just want to have quick and uncomplicated fun
I recently had a similar wish. Now my bag:

ff70.jpg

Just take out, shoot and be happy
__________________
its all Fuji
  Reply With Quote

Old 1 Week Ago   #25
Peter_S
Registered User
 
Peter_S is offline
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Narvik (Norway); Tbilisi (Georgia)
Posts: 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by papo View Post
The Contax T2 is also attractive because it is well built like the Hexar but i also wonder what can be done in terms of repairing it.
I do understand to some point the worry of repair, but whats to repair on a T2? I have a T3 that got beaten heavily and never needed a repair (yeah OK the tooth in the spool, a 10 min self-fix). Now I do understand that just because mine does not need it, others do not neither. That said, I would get a T2 and use it. The T series is fantastic.

Use them, if they die, they die. Chances are, the T2 does not.

Or get a G2. I much preferred that over the G1. Contax are built really well, and as said, none of my Contax ever needed service. All my Ms did.
__________________
M Monochrom + VM Ultron 21mm & Ultron 35mm
Contax T3

www.ps-photo.net
Twitter
Voigtländer Photographer
LFI Gallery
  Reply With Quote

Old 1 Week Ago   #26
02Pilot
Malcontent
 
02Pilot is offline
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NY, USA
Posts: 1,139
Quote:
Originally Posted by FujiLove View Post
I loved my AF and agree with everything said about them above. However, if they die, and they do, that's it.

Not so:

https://jabcam.wordpress.com/2016/08...from-the-dead/

Here's my application of the repair:

https://filmosaur.wordpress.com/2017...ar-af-rhodium/
__________________
-------------------------------------------------------
Any man who can see what he wants to get on film will usually find some way to get it;
and a man who thinks his equipment is going to see for him is not going to get much of anything.

-Hunter S. Thompson
-
http://filmosaur.wordpress.com/
  Reply With Quote

Old 1 Week Ago   #27
valdas
Registered User
 
valdas is offline
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,101
Speaking of reliability... I am not worried about my Hexar or T2. I have already put many many rolls through, so I consider those cameras already paid off in the sense of time being in use. So if they die one day (which I hope is not soon) - so be it, they will go to ebay for spares (and will probably recover about 50% of what I paid for them, without inflation factor of course). There are no unbreakable cameras and those two particular models do not have bad reputation in terms of reliability. Well, maybe Hexar is known for the sticky shutter button issue, but the fix is an easy DIY job.
  Reply With Quote

Old 1 Week Ago   #28
FujiLove
Registered User
 
FujiLove is offline
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02Pilot View Post
Excellent work :-)

I still wouldn't fancy my chances trying to diagnose and fix an electronic circuit board!
  Reply With Quote

Old 1 Week Ago   #29
Archlich
Registered User
 
Archlich is offline
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_S View Post
I do understand to some point the worry of repair, but whats to repair on a T2? I have a T3 that got beaten heavily and never needed a repair (yeah OK the tooth in the spool, a 10 min self-fix). Now I do understand that just because mine does not need it, others do not neither. That said, I would get a T2 and use it. The T series is fantastic.

Use them, if they die, they die. Chances are, the T2 does not.

Or get a G2. I much preferred that over the G1. Contax are built really well, and as said, none of my Contax ever needed service. All my Ms did.
The wire board that extends with the lens can break. Just like the dreaded E02 error of the Minilux.

Had such a T2 of a friend's fixed last summer.
  Reply With Quote

Old 1 Week Ago   #30
DrMcCoy
Registered User
 
DrMcCoy is offline
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by papo View Post
I understand that both are different kind of cameras but since i like both, i wonder what to get and why. I also have an M6 but sometimes i just want to have quick and uncomplicated fun
I have both so I can probably answer most of your questions. What kind of uncomplicated fun are you looking for? What exactly does that mean to you? Both of those cameras offer simplicity but in very different ways.
  Reply With Quote

Old 1 Week Ago   #31
lxmike
Cat, coffee, camera:Check
 
lxmike's Avatar
 
lxmike is offline
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Co Durham NE England
Age: 52
Posts: 2,679
A great camera but T4 prices are a bit too high for my liking
__________________
Currently loaded: Leica IIIg, IIIc 'stepper', Voigtlander Bessa R, Rollei35, Minox 35ML.
Current digital: Fuji X100, XE-1, X Pro-1.
Current favorite glass: CV Nokton 50mm 1.5, Fuji x 35mm 1.4, Nikkor 50/2.
Current analog SLR: Nikon F Ftn, Pentax MX, Minolta XE-1.



myblog:lifefromawindow

myRFFgallery:
  Reply With Quote

Old 1 Week Ago   #32
stompyq
Registered User
 
stompyq is offline
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,419
They are both over priced. Just buy the cheaper one that's fully functional. A word of advice after reading the responses. I have had a total of 6 hexar AF's in the last 5-6 years. It's not the magical camera that everyone makes it out to be. It's a frustrating quirky camera. The lens is ok. Decent and nothing special (at least to my eyes). If I were you I would save the money and buy something else. You already have something that's uncomplicated in the M6.
  Reply With Quote

Old 1 Week Ago   #33
f16sunshine
Moderator
 
f16sunshine's Avatar
 
f16sunshine is offline
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Seattle
Age: 49
Posts: 5,890
Quote:
Originally Posted by stompyq View Post
They are both over priced. Just buy the cheaper one that's fully functional. A word of advice after reading the responses. I have had a total of 6 hexar AF's in the last 5-6 years. It's not the magical camera that everyone makes it out to be. It's a frustrating quirky camera. The lens is ok. Decent and nothing special (at least to my eyes). If I were you I would save the money and buy something else. You already have something that's uncomplicated in the M6.
Oh ?
This is quite an unusual statement.
You bought the camera 6 times in as many years and still say it's nothing special (against otherwise overwhelming positive feelings from other users ).
What is it you don't like but can't seem to get enough of?
Just curious.
__________________
Andy
  Reply With Quote

Old 1 Week Ago   #34
stompyq
Registered User
 
stompyq is offline
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,419
Quote:
Originally Posted by f16sunshine View Post
Oh ?
This is quite an unusual statement.
You bought the camera 6 times in as many years and still say it's nothing special (against otherwise overwhelming positive feelings from other users ).
What is it you don't like but can't seem to get enough of?
Just curious.
I kept reading RFF and other sites online and kept thinking I had a defective copy or I wasn't doing something right. I've finally given up. My last one I gave a good run of about 6 months shooting about 50+ rolls. It was ok. Just not what I expected based on the adoration I see written about it
  Reply With Quote

Old 1 Week Ago   #35
stompyq
Registered User
 
stompyq is offline
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,419
I'm not trying to say it's a piece of junk. It's a decent camera. Not worth $5-700 used when you can buy a Leica M film body for that price. Or a Nikon F6. Heck get 5 F100's!
  Reply With Quote

Old 1 Week Ago   #36
f16sunshine
Moderator
 
f16sunshine's Avatar
 
f16sunshine is offline
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Seattle
Age: 49
Posts: 5,890
Well I guess after 100+ years of camera manufacturing and 1000's of different models made available.
Another old cliche is proven true.... "different strokes for different folks"
__________________
Andy
  Reply With Quote

Old 1 Week Ago   #37
nukecoke
⚛Yashica
 
nukecoke's Avatar
 
nukecoke is offline
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Sweden/China
Posts: 707
Hexar AF is a large camera while the T4 is pocket-able.

I think the T4 would work better with your M6. You can bring both cameras out easily. One on shoulder one in pocket. M6 with 50mm, T4 with 35mm.

I would recommend a Yashica Electro 35 CC as a 35mm compact. Specification-wise it is not worse than Hexar AF, just no AF.
__________________
tumblr

flickr

About Film Cameras
  Reply With Quote

Old 1 Week Ago   #38
Wouter2
Registered User
 
Wouter2 is offline
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 11
Yashica T3 with its Tessar 2.8/35mm is a more interesting camera in my opinion. Tack sharp lens, great travel camera. I had several of them. I also had several Hexar AFs. Keep going back to both of them.
  Reply With Quote

Old 1 Week Ago   #39
papo
Registered User
 
papo is offline
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 79
How is the autofocus on the T2? I read somewhere that its significantly less reliable (lagging) compared to the T3 - can anyone confirm this?
  Reply With Quote

Old 5 Days Ago   #40
DrMcCoy
Registered User
 
DrMcCoy is offline
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by papo View Post
How is the autofocus on the T2? I read somewhere that its significantly less reliable (lagging) compared to the T3 - can anyone confirm this?
You mean the T3 and T4?

Each iteration has better AF than the last. Possibly not the T4 and T5 though - pretty sure they were identical.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 20:46.


vBulletin skin developed by: eXtremepixels
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

All content on this site is Copyright Protected and owned by its respective owner. You may link to content on this site but you may not reproduce any of it in whole or part without written consent from its owner.