Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Coffee With Mentors > Chris Crawford

Chris Crawford I am pleased to announced a long time member has agreed to help and mentor others in photographic technique. As he has long done so, perhaps this forum is a bit overdue. Christopher Crawford has been a professional artist and photographer for 20 years, most of that time spent documenting life in northern Indiana with his photographs and the stories that he writes to accompany them. In addition, Chris also creates tutorials where he teaches photography techniques, film processing, digital editing, film scanning, and printing. Ask Chris your technical questions, or to critique your photos. You can see more of his tutorials at http://crawfordphotoschool.com

Old 1 Week Ago   #2481
Chriscrawfordphoto
Real Men Shoot Film.

This newspaper machine selling the Van Wert Times Bulletin stands in front of the post office in the small town of Convoy, Ohio. Convoy is located in Van Wert County, about 7 miles northwest of the town of Van Wert.

The sign on the newspaper machine says: "If you're reading this, print's not dead. Subscribe to the Times Bulletin Today."

I found it amusing that the lead story on the front page is about the first baby born in Van Wert's hospital in 2019. In the big city I live in, the headlines are more likely to concern the city's latest murder!

Old 1 Week Ago   #2482
Chriscrawfordphoto
Real Men Shoot Film.

I was saddened to learn a few minutes ago that my high school photography and art teacher, Don Goss, passed away today.

Mr. Goss taught at Elmhurst High School in Fort Wayne for 56 years, retiring only because the school was closed in 2010. He was himself an Elmhurst graduate!

I had been interested in photography since I was young, but Mr. Goss encouraged me to go to art school and make it my life's work. I was just one of many of his students who went on to become professional artists, and many of us kept in touch with him over the years. Peter and David Turnley took photography from him back in the 1970s.

This is a photograph that I made of him way back in 1994, when I was a senior in high school. I snapped it while he was lecturing during class one afternoon.

Old 1 Week Ago   #2483
Chriscrawfordphoto
Real Men Shoot Film.

This old boarded-up storefront is on the corner of Central Avenue and 28th Street in Indianapolis, Indiana.

All of the building's windows have large blue insects painted on the wood covering them!

Old 5 Days Ago   #2484
Chriscrawfordphoto
Real Men Shoot Film.

This little yellow brick building is on Tully Street, just west of Main Street, in the small town of Convoy, Ohio. The bench in front of the building has a sign with the Lions Club logo.

It is a beautiful building. It is unfortunate that the decorations on the top of the facade is broken.

Convoy is located in Van Wert County, about 7 miles northwest of the town of Van Wert.

Old 3 Days Ago   #2485
Chriscrawfordphoto
Real Men Shoot Film.

This tree stump was in my front yard in Fort Wayne, Indiana. I photographed it Monday morning with frost covering the grass and tiny clumps of white snow sprinkled over the top of the stump.

The sun had come out, and the frost lasted just a few more minutes after I made this photograph!

The tree was cut down in November, 2018 because it was growing in the power lines. The electric company promised to have the stump removed, but it took months before that happened. The day after I made this photograph, they came and removed the stump!

Old 2 Days Ago   #2486
Chriscrawfordphoto
Real Men Shoot Film.

This scene is on the west side of US-33, just north of McDuffee Road in the northwest corner of Allen County, Indiana.

It is the first of several photographs that I made of the sunset here last Wednesday evening.

Old 2 Days Ago   #2487
Paulbe

Chris---nice photo! Looks like the trees are on fire... :-)
Thanks!
Paul

Old 2 Days Ago   #2488
ChipMcD

Chris,

You have a gift for discerning the beautiful in your environment.

Chip

Old 1 Day Ago   #2489
Chriscrawfordphoto
Real Men Shoot Film.

Here's the second photograph of the sunset that I made last Wednesday evening (3-13-19). This one was done just 45 minutes after the first one that I posted here yesterday, but the sky had changed dramatically!