Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Classic Film RangeFinders & Other Classics > Nikon RF

Nikon RF This forum is dedicated to Nikon Rangefinders: the Nikon One, Nikon M, Nikon S, Nikon S2, Nikon SP, Nikon S3, Nikon S4, and Nikon S3M, Nikon S3 2000, Nikon SP 2005. Plus the ONLY production camera ever made in Nikon Rangefinder mount WITH TTL metering ... the Voigtlander Bessa R2S.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

sample shots: SP 2005 + 35mm f1.8
Old 07-15-2019   #1
rob.nyc1
Registered User
 
rob.nyc1 is offline
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 44
sample shots: SP 2005 + 35mm f1.8

Hey guys,

Just started shooting with the Nikon SP 2005. Here are some recent shots from a trip to Poland. Used a yellow filter (2x) and Tri-X












Got to say, I'm totally in love with this camera. It feels incredible to shoot, and that 35mm lens is phenomenal. I also was lucky enough to pick up the 50mm f1.4 Millennium lens, shot my first few rolls with it this weekend. While I'm relatively new to film photography, I'm officially a Nikon RF fanboy. Will definitely shoot with this thing for the rest of my life.
  Reply With Quote

Old 07-15-2019   #2
Huss
Registered User
 
Huss is offline
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Venice, CA
Posts: 7,513
Very nice shots! What is the story behind them?
  Reply With Quote

Old 07-15-2019   #3
rob.nyc1
Registered User
 
rob.nyc1 is offline
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huss View Post
Very nice shots! What is the story behind them?
Thank you!

Photo 1. My friend got married last week in Warsaw. That's a shot of him getting ready before the ceremony. Ironically the wedding photographer is helping him as I'm taking the photo.

Photo 2. The photographer set up some shots against the window with my friend, and I thought the smoke would help emphasize the highlights / shadows. I tried to meter the shadows to make the smoke pop out.

Photo 3. This guy was just chilling with a lamb in the town of Zakopane (Poland). Totally stone face. I asked him if I could take his photo and he just nodded, very stoic. Really dig the contrast between his dark serious face, and the lighter theme of a baby lamb being caressed like a house cat.
__________________
Based in NYC
www.rob.nyc
www.instagram.com/illerucis
  Reply With Quote

Old 07-15-2019   #4
Huss
Registered User
 
Huss is offline
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Venice, CA
Posts: 7,513
Quote:
Originally Posted by illerucis View Post
Thank you!

Photo 1. My friend got married last week in Warsaw. That's a shot of him getting ready before the ceremony. Ironically the wedding photographer is helping him as I'm taking the photo.

Photo 2. The photographer set up some shots against the window with my friend, and I thought the smoke would help emphasize the highlights / shadows. I tried to meter the shadows to make the smoke pop out.

Photo 3. This guy was just chilling with a lamb in the town of Zakopane (Poland). Totally stone face. I asked him if I could take his photo and he just nodded, very stoic. Really dig the contrast between his dark serious face, and the lighter theme of a baby lamb being caressed like a house cat.
Thanks for that, very cool! Great to hear the story behind them.
  Reply With Quote

Old 07-15-2019   #5
gavinlg
Registered User
 
gavinlg's Avatar
 
gavinlg is offline
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Wellington NZ
Posts: 5,069
I would really like a Leica mount version of this lens. Or an SP to use it on. It seems like a really well rounded 35mm. Jonmanjiro makes wonderful work with his too.
__________________
NO PRAISE
@gavinlagrange
  Reply With Quote

Old 07-16-2019   #6
steveyork
Registered User
 
steveyork is offline
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 694
Nice stuff. How's the rangefinder patch on those limited editions? I looked through an old SP many years ago and its' patch was so faded it was useless. A ghost would've had more contrast.
  Reply With Quote

Old 07-16-2019   #7
leicapixie
Registered User
 
leicapixie is offline
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto.Canada
Posts: 1,585
A great portrait of lamb guy!
So nice a portrait without regulation smile and squinting into sun..
Love the contrast and other shots.
  Reply With Quote

Old 07-16-2019   #8
KEVIN-XU 愛 forever
所謂的攝影,就是人生。
 
KEVIN-XU 愛 forever's Avatar
 
KEVIN-XU 愛 forever is offline
Join Date: May 2011
Location: New Jersey, US
Age: 28
Posts: 501
Thank you for sharing. Like your pictures! Not many people using it. I guess most of the reissue Nikon SP sets are sitting in the collectors’ shelf. Would love to see more pictures taken by this baby.
__________________
When a man cannot choose he ceases to be a man...

所謂的攝影,就是人生。
---荒木經惟



https://www.instagram.com/kevinxbegin/
  Reply With Quote

Old 07-16-2019   #9
rob.nyc1
Registered User
 
rob.nyc1 is offline
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveyork View Post
Nice stuff. How's the rangefinder patch on those limited editions? I looked through an old SP many years ago and its' patch was so faded it was useless. A ghost would've had more contrast.
the patch is wonderful. I use it in low light, shot a few concerts with it. but then again, the camera is brand new...the previous owner never shot a roll through it.

I hope that if it dims in the future, I'll be able to get it repaired. Nikon says they will only officially support the camera until April 2020.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leicapixie View Post
A great portrait of lamb guy!
So nice a portrait without regulation smile and squinting into sun..
Love the contrast and other shots.
Thank you! He was super chill. Love the yellow filter / Tri-X combo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEVIN-XU 愛 forever View Post
Thank you for sharing. Like your pictures! Not many people using it. I guess most of the reissue Nikon SP sets are sitting in the collectors’ shelf. Would love to see more pictures taken by this baby.
I will post more here as they come. Also check out http://www.rob.nyc or my IG. It's under construction but I will regularly be adding more SP 2005 photos in the coming weeks. There will be some new ones today with the 50mm f1.4 millenium...fantastic lens!
__________________
Based in NYC
www.rob.nyc
www.instagram.com/illerucis
  Reply With Quote

Old 07-16-2019   #10
RObert Budding
Registered User
 
RObert Budding is offline
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Arlington, Massachusetts
Posts: 1,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by KEVIN-XU 愛 forever View Post
Thank you for sharing. Like your pictures! Not many people using it. I guess most of the reissue Nikon SP sets are sitting in the collectors’ shelf. Would love to see more pictures taken by this baby.
If only the Yen would weaken a bit more against the $US . . .
__________________
"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true."
~Robert Wilensky

"He could be right, he could be wrong. I think he's wrong but he says it in such a sincere way. You have to think he thinks he's right."
~ Bob Dylan
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 17:31.


vBulletin skin developed by: eXtremepixels
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

All content on this site is Copyright Protected and owned by its respective owner. You may link to content on this site but you may not reproduce any of it in whole or part without written consent from its owner.