Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Classic Film RangeFinders & Other Classics > Nikon RF

Nikon RF This forum is dedicated to Nikon Rangefinders: the Nikon One, Nikon M, Nikon S, Nikon S2, Nikon SP, Nikon S3, Nikon S4, and Nikon S3M, Nikon S3 2000, Nikon SP 2005. Plus the ONLY production camera ever made in Nikon Rangefinder mount WITH TTL metering ... the Voigtlander Bessa R2S.

sample shots: SP 2005 + 35mm f1.8
Old 07-15-2019   #1
rob.nyc1

sample shots: SP 2005 + 35mm f1.8

Hey guys,

Just started shooting with the Nikon SP 2005. Here are some recent shots from a trip to Poland. Used a yellow filter (2x) and Tri-X

Got to say, I'm totally in love with this camera. It feels incredible to shoot, and that 35mm lens is phenomenal. I also was lucky enough to pick up the 50mm f1.4 Millennium lens, shot my first few rolls with it this weekend. While I'm relatively new to film photography, I'm officially a Nikon RF fanboy. Will definitely shoot with this thing for the rest of my life.

Old 07-15-2019   #2
Huss

Very nice shots! What is the story behind them?

Old 07-15-2019   #3
rob.nyc1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huss View Post
Very nice shots! What is the story behind them?
Thank you!

Photo 1. My friend got married last week in Warsaw. That's a shot of him getting ready before the ceremony. Ironically the wedding photographer is helping him as I'm taking the photo.

Photo 2. The photographer set up some shots against the window with my friend, and I thought the smoke would help emphasize the highlights / shadows. I tried to meter the shadows to make the smoke pop out.

Photo 3. This guy was just chilling with a lamb in the town of Zakopane (Poland). Totally stone face. I asked him if I could take his photo and he just nodded, very stoic. Really dig the contrast between his dark serious face, and the lighter theme of a baby lamb being caressed like a house cat.

Old 07-15-2019   #4
Huss

Quote:
Originally Posted by illerucis View Post
Thank you!

Photo 1. My friend got married last week in Warsaw. That's a shot of him getting ready before the ceremony. Ironically the wedding photographer is helping him as I'm taking the photo.

Photo 2. The photographer set up some shots against the window with my friend, and I thought the smoke would help emphasize the highlights / shadows. I tried to meter the shadows to make the smoke pop out.

Photo 3. This guy was just chilling with a lamb in the town of Zakopane (Poland). Totally stone face. I asked him if I could take his photo and he just nodded, very stoic. Really dig the contrast between his dark serious face, and the lighter theme of a baby lamb being caressed like a house cat.
Thanks for that, very cool! Great to hear the story behind them.

Old 07-15-2019   #5
gavinlg

I would really like a Leica mount version of this lens. Or an SP to use it on. It seems like a really well rounded 35mm. Jonmanjiro makes wonderful work with his too.

Old 07-16-2019   #6
steveyork

Nice stuff. How's the rangefinder patch on those limited editions? I looked through an old SP many years ago and its' patch was so faded it was useless. A ghost would've had more contrast.

Old 07-16-2019   #7
leicapixie

A great portrait of lamb guy!
So nice a portrait without regulation smile and squinting into sun..
Love the contrast and other shots.

Old 07-16-2019   #8
KEVIN-XU 愛 forever
所謂的攝影,就是人生。

Thank you for sharing. Like your pictures! Not many people using it. I guess most of the reissue Nikon SP sets are sitting in the collectors’ shelf. Would love to see more pictures taken by this baby.

所謂的攝影,就是人生。
---荒木經惟

https://www.instagram.com/kevinxbegin/

Old 07-16-2019   #9
rob.nyc1

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveyork View Post
Nice stuff. How's the rangefinder patch on those limited editions? I looked through an old SP many years ago and its' patch was so faded it was useless. A ghost would've had more contrast.
the patch is wonderful. I use it in low light, shot a few concerts with it. but then again, the camera is brand new...the previous owner never shot a roll through it.

I hope that if it dims in the future, I'll be able to get it repaired. Nikon says they will only officially support the camera until April 2020.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leicapixie View Post
A great portrait of lamb guy!
So nice a portrait without regulation smile and squinting into sun..
Love the contrast and other shots.
Thank you! He was super chill. Love the yellow filter / Tri-X combo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEVIN-XU 愛 forever View Post
Thank you for sharing. Like your pictures! Not many people using it. I guess most of the reissue Nikon SP sets are sitting in the collectors’ shelf. Would love to see more pictures taken by this baby.
I will post more here as they come. Also check out http://www.rob.nyc or my IG. It's under construction but I will regularly be adding more SP 2005 photos in the coming weeks. There will be some new ones today with the 50mm f1.4 millenium...fantastic lens!

Old 07-16-2019   #10
RObert Budding

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEVIN-XU 愛 forever View Post
If only the Yen would weaken a bit more against the $US . . .

"He could be right, he could be wrong. I think he's wrong but he says it in such a sincere way. You have to think he thinks he's right."
~ Bob Dylan